Old 04-20-2019, 12:36 PM
Embracing the Suck
Charter Member

Incel question

OK, so I get it that some of them seem to think that any woman should drop and spread her legs for them because they are interested in her ... and seem to get pissy because women are not flocking to sleep with any man that asks ...

So what do they do if they are hitting on a married woman who turns them down because she is monogamous? Should a married woman still flop and spread them just because they want her or are married women exempt from their stupid beliefs?
Old 04-20-2019, 01:06 PM
Charter Member

Pretty sure the Bro code assigns no ego injury for getting shut down by a married woman.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:07 PM

Not my field, but I get the impression they're more concerned with their own sense of aggrieved entitlement than with logic. And perhaps they would be thinking a "good" married woman wouldn't be using the kind of places they would be using to meet women.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:13 PM

I also think that people give more credence to their stated grievances than is warranted, because in the same breath that they complain that women won't sleep with them, they also condemn women who have "too much" sex with men that aren't them. They demand they be given access to the top desirability echelon of women but furiously reject any suggestion that they might consider tempering their expectations to the reality of their own desirability.

Honestly, the fact that incels spend all their time performing and communicating with other men regarding their utter contempt for women as a whole kinda tends to make me think there's a whole lotta closet cases out there and I wish they'd all get busy with each other and leave us women alone. They're panting for the D way more than we are.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:17 PM

I doubt the average incel would value "monogamy" as a reason for him to have been turned down.

I think these people are deeply misogynistic, and would expect even a married woman to "put out" because "all women are sluts".

But I think on this particular board you will only get speculative answers because no one here identifies (or is reasonably suspected to be) as "incel"

You probably need to wade into the mire of reddit's incel forums and ask them yourself.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:20 PM

They are very anti liberal. I have to think that marriage, not to mention the "defense" of it, is something they recognize, as part of rw solidarity.

The rw types are finding each other a lot lately, very happy to do so, and finding electoral success in it. It wouldn't be in keeping with that to go anti-marriage.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:48 PM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbows View Post
Pretty sure the Bro code assigns no ego injury for getting shut down by a married woman.
Since this cannot be answered factually unless someone has access to a written copy of the Bro code, let's move it to IMHO.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator

Last edited by Colibri; 04-20-2019 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:09 PM

From what little I know, they may claim she is with the wrong guy who doesn't deserve her.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:32 PM

Basically, he will either think she is lying about being married, or he will decide that she fell in love,got married and had a bunch of kids for the sole purpose of turning down and humiliating his incel self years later. He will not be gracious.

Guys are crazy like that sometimes. The build things up in their heads that are out of touch with reality. I went out to lunch with a guy like that once. I was engaged at the time. The invitation that was extended revolved around a business matter. I was pretty sure he wasn’t really serious, just looking for the excuse. But it would have reflected poorly on me if my manager found out I had declined to pursue the opportunity being offered. He originally asked me to dinner. In the interest of clarity, my written response was something along the lines of:

Steve
I would like to discuss this opportunity. However, I reserve my evenings for my family and social life. We need to schedule something during business hours. Lunch maybe?

Which I thought made everything crystal clear. I went to lunch with the guy. I brought some materials relevant to our discussion, which involved some sort of sales lead sharing arrangement. He seemed disinterested. I kept trying to take it back to business.

Afterwards he said something about “enjoying our date”. I informed him that I was engaged and I thought I had made it clear it wasn’t a date.

He said something like “ So, THATS how you’re going to play it”, crumpled the paper we had been working on, threw it at me and stormed off.

Five freaking years later I was at the airport when I spotted him in a group with several people I knew, we were all traveling to the same convention. I approached the group for a collective hello. He glared at me and stormed off. 5 years later.

This was before incels, but I bet this guy would have been one.

Last edited by Ann Hedonia; 04-20-2019 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
Since this cannot be answered factually unless someone has access to a written copy of the Bro code, let's move it to IMHO.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator
Is online okay, or do you want the print version?
Old 04-20-2019, 03:15 PM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey P View Post
Is online okay, or do you want the print version?
So what does it say regarding the OP?
Old 04-20-2019, 03:32 PM

So, rw = red wave?

Am I close?
Old 04-20-2019, 04:09 PM

Virtually every thread about this is full of projections about what incels are like, winding up with wild conjectures or ruminations, like figuring out the mating and eating habits of the unicorn or centaur. (of course, it's not like we can exactly invite incels to come share their views.)
Old 04-20-2019, 05:04 PM
Charter Member

It's my understanding that most incels aren't approaching women. They've given up. Self-loathing is a huge part of the whole thing. It's like "Women are shitty, immoral, gold-digging sluts, and the only ones that are acceptable as sexual partners are choosing genetically superior guys because they are ruled by evolutionary psychology and I can't be blamed for the fact that I only want to fuck attractive women because evolutionary psychology and there's no hope for me because it's all pre-programmed and I lost, look at my jawline, I suck". They don't think women have sentience, really. We are responding to biological imperatives.

They aren't angry at WOMEN. They are angry at the universe, and they lash out as women out of scorn and frustration, not out of anger at women for not choosing them. They lash out at women because they are too cowardly to lash out at men.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
So what does it say regarding the OP?
Incels are not Bros, so the code does not apply.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:33 PM

Incels come in many varieties, so there is no one-size-fits-all characteristic; indeed, aside from not getting laid or in a relationship, they often have almost nothing in common. (Various racial, religious, etc. backgrounds)

But to answer the OP, if using Elliot Rodger as one example (and again, he is but one out of a diverse field of incels,) his manifesto never describes him as approaching married women or having any expectations from married women. Mainly, he pined for women from afar, didn't approach them, and expected them to approach him (he describes how he went to considerable lengths to dress up and look good, only to be dismayed when women didn't notice it in the least.) Rodger seemed to think that women regard men the same way men regard women - namely, that because men will hit on a woman who looks good, that therefore women would voluntarily approach him if he looked good.

But, again, no mention of married women whatsoever - I think incels understand full well that such women are off-limits.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:47 PM

Boy the shit I learn on here. I figured incel was some kind of computer or software term and was utterly confused by the questions and answers. Googled it and whada ya know.

Involuntary celibate? I mean, isn't that anyone who gets turned down?

Last edited by I. Dunno; 04-20-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:10 PM
Robot Mod in Beta Testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by I. Dunno View Post
Boy the shit I learn on here. I figured incel was some kind of computer or software term and was utterly confused by the questions and answers. Googled it and whada ya know.
Heh. It does sound like a company name, doesn't it?

I did some googling and it turns out there is a company called Incel. I have a hunch that it's shorthand for Industrial Cellulose since they make cellulose and paper products.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incel_(company)

The company isn't doing well, so apparently they aren't getting what they want either.

Last edited by engineer_comp_geek; 04-20-2019 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
Virtually every thread about this is full of projections about what incels are like, winding up with wild conjectures or ruminations, like figuring out the mating and eating habits of the unicorn or centaur. (of course, it's not like we can exactly invite incels to come share their views.)
So why don't you fix that? It sounds like you have insider knowledge here.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer_comp_geek View Post
Heh. It does sound like a company name, doesn't it?

I did some googling and it turns out there is a company called Incel. I have a hunch that it's shorthand for Industrial Cellulose since they make cellulose and paper products.

The company isn't doing well, so apparently they aren't getting what they want either.
Sounded like a biological term to me, like DNA or photosynthesis.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer_comp_geek View Post

Apparently, they were very big behind the Iron Curtain, but once freedom came to town, everything went to shit.
Old 04-21-2019, 12:07 AM

I haven’t read much about them. How much of an actual movement is it? Is it just a few crazies or is there a substance number of them?
Old 04-21-2019, 12:50 AM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoBayer View Post
I haven’t read much about them. How much of an actual movement is it? Is it just a few crazies or is there a substance number of them?
Read it and weep.

Basically, who knows?

Quote:
Estimates on the size of incel communities vary,[24][76][94] and range from the thousands,[28] to tens of thousands,[66] or hundreds of thousands.[87]
However, incels do seem to have been responsible for a number of mass murders.

Last edited by Colibri; 04-21-2019 at 12:51 AM.
Old 04-21-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingon View Post
So why don't you fix that? It sounds like you have insider knowledge here.
No idea what you are talking about Chingon and the point is exactly correct.

Like most of us I don’t have very many facts about who Incels are and what “they” think, other than the tautological. (It seems that being an Incel is defined not by being involuntarily celibate but by having and posting certain misogynistic beliefs regarding that fact. Or is the definition just posting on a board that contains others with those beliefs?) Could be only a few thousand people total or hundreds of thousands. People here are taking one or two specific nut jobs to extrapolate from about some unknown sized group.

None of this seems to based on anything other than people imagining an Incel as a boogeyman character.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:28 AM
Embracing the Suck
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scudsucker View Post

You probably need to wade into the mire of reddit's incel forums and ask them yourself.
<shudder> no thanks ....
Quote:

well i was involuntarily celibate any time mrAru was deployed, and over the past year and a bit because I found it hard to get romantic when I was more interested in not vomiting all the time =)

I know women have it better, to be blunt, I can name offhand 3 or 4 military-populated bars in Norfolk VA where you just need to be female and conscious to be attractive to the guys inside and just need to announce you want to get laid and someone [or more] would be more than willing to go home with you. [OK, and one gay bar, but we digress] so effectively a woman can pretty much get laid on demand if they really want to [and aren't picky]
Old 04-21-2019, 01:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSeid View Post

None of this seems to based on anything other than people imagining an Incel as a boogeyman character.
Tell that to the families of the people killed by Eliot Rodger, Alek Minassian, and Scott Beierle.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruvqan View Post
[OK, and one gay bar, but we digress]
Well, there might be some hetero men there in the usually-mistaken assumption that there might be women there.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:16 PM

I think we should give all women a large sock full of quarters so that perhaps these stupid assholes may somehow get some sense beaten into them.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Maybe spread your legs on the sheet? Incel, Excel, same diff.
Quote:
I think it is the set of people always turned down. And being turned down includes cases where they don't even ask but are not swarmed by attractive women.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Borgia View Post
Tell that to the families of the people killed by Eliot Rodger, Alek Minassian, and Scott Beierle.
To extrapolate from several specific individuals identified as members of a group to the mindset of what “they” think is a odious for this group as it is for “Muslims” or “Arabs” or “Mexicans” or even “Trump supporters”, all of which have members who have killed multiple people.

Yes there have been some heinously disturbed individuals who have been identified as “Incel”. Those specific individuals did those horrible acts and they thought how they thought. “Incels” are x or y only by True Scotsman usage.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:02 PM

Disclaimer: this applies to people who participate in and claim membership in online inceldom.
A married woman is usually someone who screwed around she began losing her looks and youthfulness, and then she roped a beta into marrying her and supporting her kids. They don't want married women. This is the party line so to speak and it veers toward young, hot, malleable virgins being the only women worth pursuing. But I don't think I've ever seen shared thoughts that any given woman should provide any given man the sex that he wants. I think there's way too much emphasis on rating and classifying people (male and female) among incels for it to be that easy. That's what sets them apart from other groups of supremacists*; they see the world operating in accordance with their own beliefs, which puts them in the lowest caste and they have to live with that.

* Southern Poverty Law Center https://twitter.com/splcenter/status...37634276122624
Old 04-21-2019, 04:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
To extrapolate from several specific individuals identified as members of a group to the mindset of what “they” think is a odious for this group as it is for “Muslims” or “Arabs” or “Mexicans” or even “Trump supporters”, all of which have members who have killed multiple people.

Yes there have been some heinously disturbed individuals who have been identified as “Incel”. Those specific individuals did those horrible acts and they thought how they thought. “Incels” are x or y only by True Scotsman usage.
This is preposterous. Incels aren't like Muslims or Mexicans or even Trump supporters. They are like the Klan or Da'esh. They have an inherently violent ideology, even if very few of them act on it. Most Neo-Nazis won't ever attack a Jewish person. Does that mean they are good people, and that I'm wrong for disparaging any adherent of that ideology?

Again, the incel community is not made of people who have a hard time getting laid for whatever reason. Incels are people who favor violence against women for the crime of denying them the sex they are rightfully owed.

Last edited by Larry Borgia; 04-21-2019 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

I think it's reasonable to talk about "what was the dominant narrative on r/incels" as approximating SOMETHING. It's hard to say now many individuals that encompasses, of course. but it's not something entirely made up. And attributing the views of the largest self-described incel community as "how incels see things" seems pretty accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruvqan View Post
I know women have it better, to be blunt, I can name offhand 3 or 4 military-populated bars in Norfolk VA where you just need to be female and conscious to be attractive to the guys inside and just need to announce you want to get laid and someone [or more] would be more than willing to go home with you. [OK, and one gay bar, but we digress] so effectively a woman can pretty much get laid on demand if they really want to [and aren't picky]
This is not at all what they are mad about. They ARE picky. They think everyone should be picky. Evolutionary psychology is the worst sort of bunk, and these guys use it to justify everything. They want to fuck hot young babes and hot young babes only and they think anyone who has sex with anyone else is a beta cuck who is being used for his money and is fooling himself about his own happiness. They HATE ugly women because ugly women are abandoning the social contract of making themselves beautiful, thus contributing to the imbalance of men who want to fuck and women who are fuckable. They hate men who marry ugly chicks because those men are rewarding bad behavior for the cravenly satisfaction of sub-standard pussy.

The weirdest part, though, is they don't think they deserve hot young babes because they recognize that there is an imbalance and they hate themselves. They see themselves as genetically inferior and think it's hopeless: they can't get laid because women are just pigeons responding to stimuli and they don't offer the right stimuli.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:50 PM

At least a True Incel.

There have been and are some dysfunctional antisocial misogynistic men. It seems like many of them have found each other in certain online places which likely also contain others not like them of some unknown number. You don’t know those numbers and I don’t.

Is there some statement of beliefs they sign on to to post there? Is it a community devoted to attacking others? I have not and will not go to those sites but I wouldn’t want anyone to assume that because I post here I endorse whatever anyone else says here. Does anyone post there just sad that they are lonely? Are these just the same dregs as have always been who now post to each other? Do you really know?
Old 04-21-2019, 04:52 PM

I don't think Incels are as horny as they portray themselves as (or allow themselves to be portrayed as). I think their real problem is they are lonely, socially disconnected, and desperate for status. A "hot chick" is a status symbol.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
At least a True Incel.

There have been and are some dysfunctional antisocial misogynistic men. It seems like many of them have found each other in certain online places which likely also contain others not like them of some unknown number. You don’t know those numbers and I don’t.

Is there some statement of beliefs they sign on to to post there? Is it a community devoted to attacking others? I have not and will not go to those sites but I wouldn’t want anyone to assume that because I post here I endorse whatever anyone else says here. Does anyone post there just sad that they are lonely? Are these just the same dregs as have always been who now post to each other? Do you really know?
My bold.

If someone visits a Neo-Nazi forum out of curiosity I won't think less of them. I've done that myself. If someone goes there to denounce that ideology, more power to them! But if someone says "I am a Nazi" I'm going to take them at their word and assume that they support Nazi ideology, and I will think that they are a horrible person. Same with someone who says "I am an Incel."

But I'm not sure how much time I want to spend arguing with someone who openly states that they want to be deliberately ignorant of the subject matter they are discussing.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstro View Post
I don't think Incels are as horny as they portray themselves as (or allow themselves to be portrayed as). I think their real problem is they are lonely, socially disconnected, and desperate for status. A "hot chick" is a status symbol.
I agree, and I think your second sentence is true for people who join all sorts of extremist groups.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:

There are forums that are devoted to ForeverAlone types. That's where people go when they just want to express sadness and loneliness. And then there are Incel forums where people post hateful shit all the time. Now, there are people who lurk/post on both forums. But only people with a certain mentality would call themselves an Incel.

Incel boards are much more like Stormfront forums than the SDMB.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstro View Post
I don't disagree. I've certainly heard boys and men express their loneliness in terms of "I am jealous of men who have girlfriends" and it's clear the part they are fixated on is being seen by other men as successful, not anything about the hypothetical girlfriend.

That said, I think another part is that stupid, gross evolutionary psychology. It's the Social Darwinism of the Gilded Age recast: any immorality, any selfishness, any corruption becomes ethically neutral, even admirable, if it's rationalized based on a just-so story of how you've decided cave men lived (which is, itself, not based on anything). If your hate and frustration is rooted in genetic imperative--your body's compulsion to fuck fertile young women--it's not your fault. It's part of the natural order.

Dseid, I don't think anyone is bashing lonely young men who haven't had sex in a long time, if ever. That's a totally different thing--in the same way that being of Aryan stock certainly doesn't make one a Nazi. But various Incel sites are pretty explicit about what they believe, and while I am sure there's considerable disagreement about the details, anyone claiming the identity of "Incel" isn't just lonely.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:07 PM

Quote:
At least a True Incel.

They seek out and continue to engage in a community that refers to non virgin women as "roasties", calls Eliot Rodger a "hero," and have discussions on such topics as "if you were at a party and found a fellow incel raping a drunk, passed out woman, would you a) ignore and let him get laid finally, b) wait your turn, or c) stop him"- everyone in that thread, with literally one or two exceptions, chose either tip him a wink and be on your way or wait his turn. And in that thread, the anonymous posters who said stop the rapist were mocked and attacked.

Yes, it's a community that is devoted to attacking others- and also themselves. "Black pill" discussions are frequent, as is posts called suicide fuel.

I've been to those boards. I was horrified how many of these men were gleefully talking about going Eliot and taking out as many as possible before being taken down themselves. Maybe some are just sad and lonely, but they sign on and mingle with the ones taking about murder and rape, and they don't leave.

Last edited by raventhief; 04-21-2019 at 05:11 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda JO View Post
I've certainly heard boys and men express their loneliness in terms of "I am jealous of men who have girlfriends" and it's clear the part they are fixated on is being seen by other men as successful, not anything about the hypothetical girlfriend.
Yup. An interesting thought experiment for men who complain about not getting laid is the following:

Would you rather

(a) have amazing hot mutually fulfilling sex with some universally adored beautiful babe, with the caveat that nobody else in the world will ever know about it or believe you if you try to tell them about it, or

(b) have all the guys you know firmly convinced (as well as loudly impressed and envious) that you've had hot sex with said beautiful babe, even though in actual fact nothing of the sort ever happened and she's never even heard of you?

A surprising number of men who are unhappily celibate, particularly young and insecure men, would actually prefer option (b).
Old 04-21-2019, 10:32 PM

To the degree that posters here are basing their speculations on having spent some significant time reading Incel boards I stand corrected.

OTOH I do not think that not leaving equals endorsement. It means they get something out of being there (seems like a maladaptive something but still something) and can at least tolerate the hate, not necessarily that they endorse the hate.

And the comment to Velocity was still strange.

I still do wonder about calling them “a movement”. Is there any reason to believe this is more dysfunctional socially maladaptive misogynistic men than there were before? Has had having something to call themselves and a virtual gathering place to meet increased the numbers or just labeled those who have always existed?
Old 04-21-2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
The sites probably don't exist anymore anyway, for the most part. Back when Reddit still allowed incel boards (they've been shut down now, which I think is a shame, because it prevents us from getting a window to view into their minds,) there were black-pillers (who thought things were hopeless,) red-pillers (who were generally the MRA type, but not totally hopeless in viewpoint,) and also they would label people who could get laid, but didn't (for religious or other reasons) as "volcels" - voluntarily celibate people. But there were still many other types - some who were "just sad that they are lonely," as you put it - incels who didn't seem malicious or bitter at all, just melancholy and perhaps crippled by social anxiety or shyness. Plenty of Asperger's or autistic incels, no doubt.

There were also "ricecels" (incels who complained about anti-Asian discrimination,) "blackcels" (complaining about anti-black discrimination,) "currycels" (complaining about anti-Indian discrimination,) etc. Another part of the incel lingo was "ascension" - if you managed to date a woman, get laid or in a relationship, you had "ascended" out of the incel status. One incel described himself in a news article as a "hopecel" - someone who was still incel but hopeful of better things to come.

But many of these incel men also refused to believe that a woman could be an incel.

Edit: As raventhief mentioned, there was also the term "suicide fuel" in reference to posts that showed other non-incel men getting laid with ease or having the good life women-wise. Like, a rich or famous man who had women throwing themselves at him.

Last edited by Velocity; 04-21-2019 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:45 PM

I think if you attend a weekly meeting that ends up being all about, say, how to kill your spouse and how to develop convincing alibis or dispose of the evidence, or where everyone Seig Heiled every comment and wear swastikas, AND YOU KEEP COMING BACK EVERY WEEK, you shouldnt be surprised if people question your devotion to your spouse or suggest maybe you're a Nazi.

Yeah, maybe the wife killing meeting fills some need you have that isn't related to killing your wife, and maybe you just really like the coffee the Nazis serve.

Last edited by raventhief; 04-21-2019 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
OTOH I do not think that not leaving equals endorsement. It means they get something out of being there (seems like a maladaptive something but still something) and can at least tolerate the hate, not necessarily that they endorse the hate.
But if the chief point of being there is to exchange derogatory comments and revenge fantasies about women (as well as hating on themselves for supposedly not measuring up to some invented "standard" of evolutionary "fitness"), then how does not leaving qualify as anything but endorsing the hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSeid
I still do wonder about calling them “a movement”. Is there any reason to believe this is more dysfunctional socially maladaptive misogynistic men than there were before? Has had having something to call themselves and a virtual gathering place to meet increased the numbers or just labeled those who have always existed?
Well, AFAIK both of those phenomena could qualify as a "movement". A social "movement" is simply a bunch of people getting together in some way as a response to what they see as a social problem. That can mean either that they're converting/radicalizing people who originally disagreed with them, or that they're providing an identifying label and a sense of solidarity for people who already shared the same views. Or some of each.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
The sites probably don't exist anymore anyway, for the most part.
Really? Because with only the barest minimum of googling, you can find yourself at the notorious former incels.me, now at incels. is (space-broken url to avoid inadvertent linkage). I just this minute looked at their page and here are the initial posts of threads at the top of various forums:
Quote:
The one thing that always confused me with normalfags

Is when they tell us that we only go for chicks out of our league but then at the same time try to fill our heads with false hope about claiming to know fat ugly dudes that pull 10/10 stacies.
Quote:
Even the ugliest of the ugliest roasties can get love, while we rot alone
Quote:
I looked in a large mirror today and was reminded of how subhuman I am. I'm absolutely defeated. Living like this is unbearable. There really is no hope. I just want to die.
My subhumanity is also confirmed by the fact that I'm treated like shit, recieve no female validation, am ignored, and looked down on. It's hard to describe what defeat feels like. Worst part is, no one will ever sympathize because we're ugly. Nothing I ever do will make up for the fact that I'm absolutely flawed.
It isn't possible for me to live this life. At this point, I have nothing to lose and have accepted that I will die young. Before, I was always afraid of dying in certain ways and not by my own hand but now I just want to die somehow.
I deluded myself into believing I was somewhat attractive and could get someone, however my daily life disproves my delusions. The girl I am pursuing takes forever to respond. She is obviously not interested and never was.
Well guys, I guess you will get it finally. I have enough money in my savings for a gun, I just have to find where to get it. Also, I need some advice on the platform I should use.
I mean, yeah, guys like this are a tragic mess, but they are also a hate-filled tragic mess encouraging one another's hatred and rage. This is not just sad and lonely singles: this is a toxic stew of nihilism and misogyny born of a rancid sense of entitlement.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:01 PM

Platform he should use? Like... To stream his hatred?

Last edited by raventhief; 04-21-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Could be only a few thousand people total or hundreds of thousands. People here are taking one or two specific nut jobs to extrapolate from about some unknown sized group.

An "incel" is not a person, but an identity that had been created through online discourse. Incels exist only because of the internet. It's not like all of sudden all these men suddenly couldn't get all the sex they want. There have always been people who are sexually frustrated.

So no one needs to imagine anything, boogeyman or otherwise. One need only read what they write online, because that is what constitutes an "incel," to the degree that it is anything.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Yikes. I read a bit about it when Rogers went on his murder spree, but haven’t keep up.

Japan has herbivores men, guys who have given up on the idea who’d finding women, but there isn’t the hatred.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbivore_men
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimstu View Post

(b) have all the guys you know firmly convinced (as well as loudly impressed and envious) that you've had hot sex with said beautiful babe, even though in actual fact nothing of the sort ever happened and she's never even heard of you?

A surprising number of men who are unhappily celibate, particularly young and insecure men, would actually prefer option (b).
That doesn’t actually surprise me. I have known a bunch of happily uncelibate (is that a word?) men, both young and old who would likely choose B. They tend to be insecure, looking for external validation.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:09 AM

I had to go look up what a "roastie" is. And now I wanna die.