#1  
Old 07-15-2019, 09:13 PM
not what you'd expect is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,830

Revelation 3:16


https://biblehub.com/revelation/3-16.htm

"So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I am going to vomit you out of my mouth."


So, I'm an atheist, but I was raised in a religious atmosphere and this particular bible verse has been running through my mind almost non stop lately.

It sort of sums up how I feel about myself right now.

I sit here in my air conditioned home, reading Twitter and Reddit and SDMB and I feel so much angst, but here I sit.

The president of my country, which I love, is a fucking bigot. Children are being horribly abused in my country at our border. Asylum seekers are treated like animals. I literally cry when I watch the news.

But here I sit.

I'm an atheist , and yet I believe that I will pay a price for my apathy.

But still, here I sit.
  #2  
Old 07-15-2019, 10:35 PM
foolsguinea is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 15,820
Yep.

ETA: I'm not saying you'll pay a price. I'm saying I feel bad for not being more activist myself.

Last edited by foolsguinea; 07-15-2019 at 10:36 PM.
  #3  
Old 07-15-2019, 10:40 PM
snfaulkner's Avatar
snfaulkner is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: 123 Fake Street
Posts: 7,843
At least you're not praying. That's worse than nothing. That's doing nothing and thinking it's something.
__________________
It may be because I'm a drooling simpleton with the attention span of a demented gnat, but would you mind explaining everything in words of one syllable. 140 chars max.
  #4  
Old 07-15-2019, 10:48 PM
Try2B Comprehensive's Avatar
Try2B Comprehensive is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,499
I have pondered this. Turns out I'm cold.
  #5  
Old 07-16-2019, 07:13 AM
manson1972's Avatar
manson1972 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 11,655
Pretty sure that passage is talking about beer. Ever had a warm Bud Light? It's gross.
  #6  
Old 07-16-2019, 08:06 AM
bobot's Avatar
bobot is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 8,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by not what you'd expect View Post
...I'm an atheist , and yet I believe that I will pay a price for my apathy.

But still, here I sit.
Don't judge yourself to harshly, if all that you do is merely vote you are doing more than the 40 or so % of Americans who are the truly apathetic.
  #7  
Old 07-16-2019, 08:12 AM
WOOKINPANUB's Avatar
WOOKINPANUB is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: St Petersburg, Floriduhhh
Posts: 7,062
OP, did you happen to watch Gangs of New York over the past weekend? Bill the Butcher spews those very words (maybe right before he beats that dude with his shillelagh?) I had no idea it was from the bible.

Anyhoo,I feel ya. I wonder how I'm going to feel about myself a few years down the road when / if this shit gets REALLY UGLY.
  #8  
Old 07-16-2019, 08:48 AM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 14,562
Also a non-believer, but pretty sure Trump means the AntiChrist is a real thing.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-10 New International Version (NIV):
Quote:
3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.
So, we can always hope we're wrong and Jesus pops up to overthrow Trump. His followers definitely resemble the last line.
  #9  
Old 07-16-2019, 08:56 AM
not what you'd expect is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOKINPANUB View Post
OP, did you happen to watch Gangs of New York over the past weekend? Bill the Butcher spews those very words (maybe right before he beats that dude with his shillelagh?) I had no idea it was from the bible.

Anyhoo,I feel ya. I wonder how I'm going to feel about myself a few years down the road when / if this shit gets REALLY UGLY.
No, although I have seen the movie, it's been years.
  #10  
Old 07-16-2019, 10:37 AM
Swampwolf is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post

So, we can always hope we're wrong and Jesus pops up to overthrow Trump. His followers definitely resemble the last line.
If it turns out Trump is the antichrist from the Bible (and he's 180 degrees from Christ-like, for sure), his followers will still support him--for the same reason they support Israel--he will help bring about the second coming.
__________________
"_______________________________________"

-Marcel Marceau
  #11  
Old 07-16-2019, 10:53 AM
Thudlow Boink's Avatar
Thudlow Boink is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Lincoln, IL
Posts: 27,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by snfaulkner View Post
At least you're not praying. That's worse than nothing. That's doing nothing and thinking it's something.
Sometimes I'm tempted to say the same thing about "protesting."

What can you or I do that would actually make things better, as opposed to just making us feel like we've done something? (Although, come to think of it, maybe I shouldn't be so dismissive of making us feel like we've done something—that might be more mentally healthy than just feeling powerless.)
  #12  
Old 07-16-2019, 10:55 AM
elucidator is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Further
Posts: 59,985
I feel your pain. I've felt it, and will feel it tomorrow. You are hag-ridden by that ruthless bitch, Conscience. If you are poor she will sneer at your weak-willed apathy, that you did not work harder to provide for your beloved family. If you are modestly secure, she will nag your for your stingy refusal to provide for your idiot brother-in-law, who spent his money for Powerball tickets. Turn away a beggar, she will condemn your cruelty, generously provide, and she will point out that you should have refused, to provide a stern lesson in self-reliance.

If you have even a moment of satisfaction for genuine and sincere effort, she is resting, gathering her strength, and will soon return.

Those who do less than you are petty and small, those who do more are self-righteous Pharisees, flaunting their virtue with smug self-approval. Those who do precisely as you? Well, you know how shabby and poor those efforts are!

Take heart. Heaven grades on the curve, the noble soul I pretend to be is still an improvement over the bitter sumbitch I really am.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...cticut/306240/

Words of The Master on the subject. Laugh, and be well. Love, forgiveness are gifts that cannot be deserved.
__________________
Law above fear, justice above law, mercy above justice, love above all.

Last edited by elucidator; 07-16-2019 at 10:59 AM. Reason: D'oh! A dear, a female dear...
  #13  
Old 07-16-2019, 12:34 PM
Ludovic is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: America's Wing
Posts: 30,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampwolf View Post
he will help bring about the second coming.
...said none of his partners ever.
  #14  
Old 07-16-2019, 12:45 PM
Jasmine's Avatar
Jasmine is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by not what you'd expect View Post
https://biblehub.com/revelation/3-16.htm

"So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I am going to vomit you out of my mouth."
It's not so bad. As grotesquely disgusting as it may be, once you are "vomited out", it's done. Just take a long, hot shower and have a few drinks. You'll be fine.
__________________
"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge."
--Daniel J Boorstin
  #15  
Old 07-16-2019, 01:50 PM
dasmoocher is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Posts: 3,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampwolf View Post
If it turns out Trump is the antichrist from the Bible (and he's 180 degrees from Christ-like, for sure), his followers will still support him--for the same reason they support Israel--he will help bring about the second coming.
Interesting recent article:

The Deepening Crisis in Evangelical Christianity

Support for Trump comes at a high cost for Christian witness.

Quote:
The rallygoers, he said, told him that Trump’s era “is spiritually driven.” When I asked whether he meant by this that Trump’s supporters believe God’s hand is on Trump, this moment and at the election—that Donald Trump is God’s man, in effect—he told me, “Yes—a number of people said they believe there is no other way to explain his victories. Starting with the election and continuing with the conclusion of the Mueller report. Many said God has chosen him and is protecting him.”

...

The enthusiastic, uncritical embrace of President Trump by white evangelicals is among the most mind-blowing developments of the Trump era. How can a group that for decades—and especially during the Bill Clinton presidency—insisted that character counts and that personal integrity is an essential component of presidential leadership not only turn a blind eye to the ethical and moral transgressions of Donald Trump, but also constantly defend him? Why are those who have been on the vanguard of “family values” so eager to give a man with a sordid personal and sexual history a mulligan?

Part of the answer is their belief that they are engaged in an existential struggle against a wicked enemy—not Russia, not North Korea, not Iran, but rather American liberals and the left. If you listen to Trump supporters who are evangelical (and non-evangelicals, like the radio talk-show host Mark Levin), you will hear adjectives applied to those on the left that could easily be used to describe a Stalinist regime. (Ask yourself how many evangelicals have publicly criticized Trump for his lavish praise of Kim Jong Un, the leader of perhaps the most savage regime in the world and the worst persecutor of Christians in the world.)
“is spiritually driven”

I've seen clips of "Prosperity" Christians who say, since Trump is so rich and successful, he must be blessed by God.

And, I'll note, you don't have to be a religious MAGAss to hate and fear liberals. They pretty much all do; it's a requirement.
  #16  
Old 07-16-2019, 04:47 PM
Kobal2's Avatar
Kobal2 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 18,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
It's not so bad. As grotesquely disgusting as it may be, once you are "vomited out", it's done. Just take a long, hot shower and have a few drinks. You'll be fine.

And apologize to the lady, because it's not really her fault but she'll still feel like it is.
__________________
--- ---
Assume I'm right and you're wrong - we'll both save a lot of time.
  #17  
Old 07-17-2019, 02:56 PM
Velocity is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 14,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoocher View Post
Interesting recent article:

The Deepening Crisis in Evangelical Christianity

Support for Trump comes at a high cost for Christian witness.



“is spiritually driven”

I've seen clips of "Prosperity" Christians who say, since Trump is so rich and successful, he must be blessed by God.

And, I'll note, you don't have to be a religious MAGAss to hate and fear liberals. They pretty much all do; it's a requirement.

White evangelicals have become increasingly result-driven. Once it became clear Trump was going to get the 2016 GOP nomination, they reluctantly or enthusiastically fell all-in. I'm still a bit baffled they didn't go for the likes of Rubio, but once it was Trump vs. Hillary they swallowed their bile and picked the (R). I still am perplexed how it is that they endorse Trump rather than merely tolerating Trump. I totally get it that for them, nearly any R is preferable to nearly any D, but there has been virtually no movement to replace Trump with Pence, who would be far more suitable for white evangelical purposes. Pence would give evangelicals almost everything they wanted with Trump - if not even more - with considerably less baggage.
  #18  
Old 07-17-2019, 03:10 PM
MichaelEmouse's Avatar
MichaelEmouse is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
White evangelicals have become increasingly result-driven. Once it became clear Trump was going to get the 2016 GOP nomination, they reluctantly or enthusiastically fell all-in. I'm still a bit baffled they didn't go for the likes of Rubio, but once it was Trump vs. Hillary they swallowed their bile and picked the (R). I still am perplexed how it is that they endorse Trump rather than merely tolerating Trump. I totally get it that for them, nearly any R is preferable to nearly any D, but there has been virtually no movement to replace Trump with Pence, who would be far more suitable for white evangelical purposes. Pence would give evangelicals almost everything they wanted with Trump - if not even more - with considerably less baggage.
They're the same people who would have voted for George Wallace in the '60s. The moral standards they hold up are about controlling and belittling others, not making for a better society unless "better" is understood to mean "with them lording it over everyone else". White evangelical Christianity is a religion that sought to justify and protect a society based on slavery and segregation and it's still infected with the memes it required to do that.
  #19  
Old 07-17-2019, 03:17 PM
iiandyiiii's Avatar
iiandyiiii is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 34,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
White evangelicals have become increasingly result-driven. Once it became clear Trump was going to get the 2016 GOP nomination, they reluctantly or enthusiastically fell all-in. I'm still a bit baffled they didn't go for the likes of Rubio, but once it was Trump vs. Hillary they swallowed their bile and picked the (R). I still am perplexed how it is that they endorse Trump rather than merely tolerating Trump. I totally get it that for them, nearly any R is preferable to nearly any D, but there has been virtually no movement to replace Trump with Pence, who would be far more suitable for white evangelical purposes. Pence would give evangelicals almost everything they wanted with Trump - if not even more - with considerably less baggage.
Because most of these folks have demonstrated that they value angering liberals and harming migrants far, far more than the Christian values that they proclaim they value.

It's not a mystery. It wasn't a mystery when most Southern white Christians opposed Civil Rights, and opposed legalizing interracial marriage, and opposed gay rights, etc. It's not a mystery now. These (the white Christians who still enthusiastically support Trump) are folks who, politically speaking, are generally motivated by hatred and grievance more than any political issue.

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 07-17-2019 at 03:18 PM.
  #20  
Old 07-18-2019, 01:17 PM
road_lobo is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Location, Location
Posts: 139
I'm not a theist, but think the Serenity Prayer has value.

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference."
  #21  
Old 07-18-2019, 01:55 PM
Try2B Comprehensive's Avatar
Try2B Comprehensive is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,499
Quote:
“In all of our years, we faced all kinds of struggles. The only time we faced an existential struggle like this was in the Civil War and in the Revolution when the nation began … We are on the verge of losing it as we could have lost it in the Civil War.” A friend of mine described that outlook to me this way: “It’s the Flight 93 election. FOREVER.”
Because... the Dems want to balance the budget? Provide health care to sick people? Resolve inequality to at least some degree to lift up the poor? Extend equals rights to minorities and gays instead of running some kind of cultural pogrom against them?

Geez, it is as if the Bible beaters have turned 3/4ths of the way into the klan. But then again, why expect consistency out of people who think talking snakes and faith healing are real?
  #22  
Old 07-18-2019, 02:08 PM
Kobal2's Avatar
Kobal2 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 18,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Try2B Comprehensive View Post
Because... the Dems want to balance the budget? Provide health care to sick people? Resolve inequality to at least some degree to lift up the poor? Extend equals rights to minorities and gays instead of running some kind of cultural pogrom against them?

That's just a cover for enticing as many non-white people illegally as possible into the US so they can vote for y'allz. Us (sorry, I keep having to remind myself that we're globalists now). Didn't you get the newsletter ? Tell me you at least got the reparations check. And I trust you're diligently working on the white genocide, as agreed ?
__________________
--- ---
Assume I'm right and you're wrong - we'll both save a lot of time.

Last edited by Kobal2; 07-18-2019 at 02:10 PM.
  #23  
Old 07-18-2019, 02:11 PM
JKellyMap's Avatar
JKellyMap is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...cticut/306240/

Words of The Master on the subject. Laugh, and be well. Love, forgiveness are gifts that cannot be deserved.
Wonderful. Would make a good appendix to the book How Can I Help? by Ram Dass and Paul Gorman.
  #24  
Old 07-18-2019, 02:35 PM
Dale Sams is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by not what you'd expect View Post
https://biblehub.com/revelation/3-16.htm

"So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I am going to vomit you out of my mouth."


So, I'm an atheist, but I was raised in a religious atmosphere and this particular bible verse has been running through my mind almost non stop lately.

It sort of sums up how I feel about myself right now.

I sit here in my air conditioned home, reading Twitter and Reddit and SDMB and I feel so much angst, but here I sit.

The president of my country, which I love, is a fucking bigot. Children are being horribly abused in my country at our border. Asylum seekers are treated like animals. I literally cry when I watch the news.

But here I sit.

I'm an atheist , and yet I believe that I will pay a price for my apathy.

But still, here I sit.
I don't think you understand the quote. As an atheist, you're cold. You're not getting spit out,
  #25  
Old 07-19-2019, 02:42 PM
TimfromNapa is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampwolf View Post
If it turns out Trump is the antichrist from the Bible (and he's 180 degrees from Christ-like, for sure), his followers will still support him--for the same reason they support Israel--he will help bring about the second coming.
If Jesus popped up tomorrow, Trump would take to Twitter and brand him an anti-Semitic, America-hating commie. Undoubtedly, he would demand that Jesus produce his birth certificate, belittle him for having died on the cross (he only likes saviors that don't get crucified), and demand that he go back where he came from.
  #26  
Old 07-19-2019, 02:53 PM
TimfromNapa is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
It's not so bad. As grotesquely disgusting as it may be, once you are "vomited out", it's done. Just take a long, hot shower and have a few drinks. You'll be fine.
Don't scream about, don't think aloud
Turn your head now, baby, just spit me out
Don't worry about, don't speak of doubt
Turn your head now, baby, just spit me out

December, Collective Soul
  #27  
Old 07-19-2019, 04:13 PM
Kobal2's Avatar
Kobal2 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 18,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimfromNapa View Post
If Jesus popped up tomorrow, Trump would take to Twitter and brand him an anti-Semitic, America-hating commie. Undoubtedly, he would demand that Jesus produce his birth certificate, belittle him for having died on the cross (he only likes saviors that don't get crucified), and demand that he go back where he came from.

And Jesus would. I mean, he did, didn't he ?
__________________
--- ---
Assume I'm right and you're wrong - we'll both save a lot of time.
  #28  
Old 07-19-2019, 06:14 PM
you with the face is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Laurel, MD
Posts: 12,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
Because most of these folks have demonstrated that they value angering liberals and harming migrants far, far more than the Christian values that they proclaim they value.

It's not a mystery. It wasn't a mystery when most Southern white Christians opposed Civil Rights, and opposed legalizing interracial marriage, and opposed gay rights, etc. It's not a mystery now. These (the white Christians who still enthusiastically support Trump) are folks who, politically speaking, are generally motivated by hatred and grievance more than any political issue.
Very true.

In some respects, the cult of Trump is simply another type of religiosity. They aren’t uncomfortable interpreting his words to match what they want him to mean—no matter how much of a stretch it is—because they’ve been doing this with the Bible all if their lives. When a charismatic authority figure tells them things that sound too good to be true, they don’t question it because the church discourages skepticism and critical thinking.

A part of me also wonders whether they have so deeply rationalized the notion that “God works through flawed men” that they see Trump’s flaws as extra proof that he’s the chosen one. Maybe the kind of cognitive bias that causes people to think ugly clothes that cost a lot are objectively better than nice looking but cheap clothes. Trump “costs” a lot in terms of cognitive dissonance, so his supporters have little choice but to tell themselves that vileness is a necessary evil.

Last edited by you with the face; 07-19-2019 at 06:14 PM.
  #29  
Old 07-19-2019, 08:08 PM
Jackmannii is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: the extreme center
Posts: 31,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by not what you'd expect View Post
https://biblehub.com/revelation/3-16.htm

"So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I am going to vomit you out of my mouth."
Piffle. This quote comes from Jerry Lee Lewis.
Quote:
I sit here in my air conditioned home, reading Twitter and Reddit and SDMB and I feel so much angst, but here I sit..I literally cry when I watch the news.
So don't go to those places online or watch the news.* You'll feel liberated.

*As an alternative, watch the news with the A/C turned off.
  #30  
Old 07-19-2019, 08:24 PM
Chimera is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Dreaming
Posts: 24,689
"We like him being unpredictable. It scares our enemies."

Do you like your friends being mercurial and unpredictable too? Because we have friends in this world who despise Trump and what he's doing to our relationships with their countries.

"He says what he thinks and I admire that"

Because you're a moron who thinks that powerful people can say whatever they want without consequences and you wish you could do that.

"He's draining the swamp"

No change in the water level. But he's filling it with the criminal and the corrupt and you're somehow happy about that, despite your earlier protestations.

"He's getting things done"

Well, NO, not really. He's fucking up a lot of things big time and doing precious little that matters in the long term.

"He stopped a war with North Korea"

There was never going to be a war with North Korea unless he started it.

"He's rebuilt the military"

He's done fuck all nothing to improve the military.

"The Military loves Trump"

No, according to annual Military Times polls, Trump has never had even 50% support from the US Military.

"He's spending billions fighting drug trafficking and rebuilt our Customs and Coast Guard to stop the drugs. Obama never did that."

Bullshit. He not only hasn't spent an additional dime on them, he's cut their funding. Under Obama, they did a lot of work, you just won't give any credit to the black man.
  #31  
Old 07-20-2019, 09:45 PM
Long Time First Time is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,348
Didn't the current evangelical movement arise as a direct result of school integration in the South? As soon as African-Americans were sent to public schools the Christian private school movement sprung up so that white "Christians" wouldn't have to sit next to persons of color.
When you remember the movement's roots their current racist iteration makes sense. It has never been about what is more generally recognized as Christian values.
  #32  
Old 07-20-2019, 10:34 PM
Chimera is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Dreaming
Posts: 24,689
And a lot of Home Schooling is done so as to prevent kids from being "indoctrinated" into political correctness, science and liberal thought.

Then they meet the real world...

Damn, but I'd love to see a long term study on those kids as they go from homeschooling to real world jobs, move into big cities, etc.
  #33  
Old 07-20-2019, 10:55 PM
nightshadea is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: a condo in hell 10th lvl
Posts: 5,440
theres a whole webcomic about a girl that was homeschooled like described above www.dumbingofage.com its been going for a while and youll have to start a tthe very beginning to understand it
  #34  
Old 07-22-2019, 07:15 AM
Triskadecamus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: I'm coming back, now.
Posts: 7,582
Without the KKK, Neo Nazis, Flat Earthers, Anti-vaxers, Moon landing deniers, Holocaust deniers, and the entire "make the world safe for billionaires cause I'm gonna be one someday" crowd the Republican party is a splinter group. Theirs is the part of inclusion.

Of course, Democrats still eat their young, so, no problem.
__________________
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017