Old 07-17-2019, 11:25 PM

Our country is a laughing stock that is going to hell.

Direct quote from a 2015 Trump Tweet.

Is he an America hater who should leave the country?
Old 07-17-2019, 11:33 PM

Well, clearly.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:58 PM

No.

Look, we've been over this, it's really very simple : when Trump says it, it's because he deplores, and so dearly wants to save the country from its obvious decay. Whereas when a Democrat says it, it's because they're America-hating pinko commies who rejoice at the decay and only want to create more of it. But if it's a brown Democrat who says it, it's because they're crypto-terrorists from Al-ISIS 13.

Got it now ? I've got slides in crayon if it helps. They're poorly spelled but in the hand of the President.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:01 AM

Yeah, there's a sort of elegant simplicity to it: When Republicans hate on their country, it's because they're criticizing Democrats. When Democrats criticize Republicans, it's because they hate their country.

Hey, I didn't claim there was any logic or accuracy to it, just some elegant simplicity.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:05 AM

Just imagine if AOC, tomorrow, said, "Our country is a laughing stock that is going to hell."

The cloud of alt-right jizz in the air would blot out the sun.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:10 AM

"Our military is a disaster." - ?

Who said it? AOC or DJT?
Old 07-18-2019, 12:43 AM

Saw this earlier today:

The people saying that the people having so many problems with the state of our country should just leave... are the same people saying that the migrants that are having so many problems with the states of their countries should stay there and fix them.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:45 AM

Hi. I’m stupid. And I’m the presydint. So you believe me! Because a lot/everybody is saying the same thing!

At this point, if someone shoots this orange turkey, I’d say let them go. Arrange a parade with tanks! Or let states that support him secede from the union. Same thing.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimstu View Post
Yeah, there's a sort of elegant simplicity to it: When Republicans hate on their country, it's because they're criticizing Democrats. When Democrats criticize Republicans, it's because they hate their country.

Hey, I didn't claim there was any logic or accuracy to it, just some elegant simplicity.
It's the Capitalist Golden Rule: He who has the gold makes the rules.

The GOP is now so sold out to its donors (the Koch Network, etc.) that a principled Republican like Justin Amash can be removed from the party for not toeing the party line. It didn't used to be that way, but apparently the right-wing propaganda network has a defined right to declare Official Truth now?

ETA: Amash left rather than be pushed, but there seems to be something new in this. Apparently there's no more point in being GOP when the party call you a RINO.

Last edited by foolsguinea; 07-18-2019 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolsguinea View Post
Apparently there's no more point in being GOP when the party call you a RINO.
Everyone that supports Trump is a RINO. And a jackass.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 07-18-2019 at 01:55 AM.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Turbo View Post
Direct quote from a 2015 Trump Tweet.

Is he an America hater who should leave the country?
Well, his dad was born in Germany, right? And many people are saying, when Germany sends their people, they're not sending their best people.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smapti View Post
Well, his dad was born in Germany, right? And many people are saying, when Germany sends their people, they're not sending their best people.
I believe that would be his grandfather, who ran a Seattle brothel. His father was a property developer who made money on government subsidies.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Just imagine if AOC, tomorrow, said, "Our country is a laughing stock that is going to hell."

Patriojism.
Old 07-18-2019, 04:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindboyard View Post
I believe that would be his grandfather, who ran a Seattle brothel. His father was a property developer who made money on government subsidies.
That sounds like Fake News to me. After all, Loser Donald will tell you himself that ol' Fred was "born in a very wonderful place in Germany".
Old 07-18-2019, 04:33 AM

Wouldn’t it be cool if someone who has the energy collected all the shitty things Trump has said about America on Twitter together in one document and made it go viral? Then he could tell himself to fuck off back to Germany.

Last edited by Unreconstructed Man; 07-18-2019 at 04:35 AM.
Old 07-18-2019, 04:40 AM

That would take a lot of posts, it's years' worth.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Man View Post
Wouldn’t it be cool if someone who has the energy collected all the shitty things Trump has said about America on Twitter together in one document and made it go viral? Then he could tell himself to fuck off back to Germany.
Someone has. Well, ish. They've collected every tweet he's ever made.

Last edited by Morgyn; 07-18-2019 at 05:04 AM.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald J. Trump on 12 May 2015
Remember, politicians are all talk and NO action. Our country is a laughing stock that is going to hell. The lobbyists & donors control all!
C'mon, guys, I think you're being a little unfair. Sure, back then, in those dim and distant days of yore--2015--most people simply saw the unhinged rantings of a hateful and somewhat senile old narcissist; in truth, the man was a Prophet! Now we all see it! Our country is truly a laughing stock around the world. America is indeed on an express elevator to Hell, going down! And our politicians--especially our President--are all talk and very little action Which in his case is a damned good thing. He never did lock up his chief opponent in the last election. Or repeal Obamacare. Or bomb Iran. And the lobbyists and donors do control, if not all, then certainly the Republican Party: The only major legislation they were able to pass between the 2016 and 2018 elections--when the "Grand Old Party" controlled all parts of the Federal government--was an enormous tax cut for the 1%!

A veritable Nostradamus Nostradumbass for our time!

Ceterum censeo imperium Trumpi esse delendam
Old 07-18-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
Everyone that supports Trump is a RINO.
I disagree. Trump is the pure distilled essence of Republicanism. Anti-Trump Republicans aren't pissed at what he's doing or saying. They're just pissed that he doesn't pretty it all up for the OpEd page of the WSJ. His supporters are pure Republicans.

Believing that the media and academics are biased? Started with Goldwater, continues right through to "fake news!"

Regressive taxation? Laffer sketched a curve on the back of a napkin; Trump enacts tariffs that are tantamount to a national sales tax.

Racism? It's a short step from the Southern Strategy to Trump. Ronald Reagan argued in the 60s that landlords should be able to discriminate against blacks; Trump actually did.

Belligerent jingoism? Every Republican president since Reagan has had a hard on for killing brown people in the Middle East.

Anti-intellectualism? Reagan -> Palin -> Trump

Catastrophic deregulation? We went from "the government is the problem" to gutting every agency and moving the USDA and BLM out of DC and refusing to fill key positions.

Human rights abuses? GWB ran his gulags in secret; Trump does it in the open.

Trump is the Platonic ideal of Republican. The "good Republicans" are the ones who finally realized the truth about their team.

Last edited by Defensive Indifference; 07-18-2019 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolsguinea View Post
It's the Capitalist Golden Rule: He who has the gold makes the rules.

The GOP is now so sold out to its donors (the Koch Network, etc.) that a principled Republican like Justin Amash can be removed from the party for not toeing the party line. It didn't used to be that way, but apparently the right-wing propaganda network has a defined right to declare Official Truth now?

ETA: Amash left rather than be pushed, but there seems to be something new in this. Apparently there's no more point in being GOP when the party call you a RINO.
So true. Reagan campaigned and won on ending the deficit, and it was once considered a sacred cow among the Repubs. Now it's over a trillion, solely the fault of the current administration, and Trump has no reason to concern himself over it. It'll be a future president's problem.

Accountability and responsibility also used to be major platforms for the Repubs. Now they're complete shit. Reagan-era conservatives would be considered traitors to the ReTrumplicans.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:39 AM

Defensive Indifference, that post was so well written and on point. I suggest you try to get it published in your local newspaper or something — seriously.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:28 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensive Indifference View Post
I disagree. Trump is the pure distilled essence of Republicanism.
He's only a Republican because running as a Democrat wasn't getting him elected.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKellyMap View Post
Defensive Indifference, that post was so well written and on point. I suggest you try to get it published in your local newspaper or something seriously.
Many thanks! I've been shouting some version of it on Twitter for a while now. But a newspaper isn't a bad idea.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:55 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

While I realize that no country can go on forever, this is not how I envisioned the end of the United States of America. When the Republicans refused to even rebuke their leader for being openly racist I knew that there was no chance for impeachment no matter what that rat bastard said or did. When I saw and heard the loud shouting of "Send Her Back!" when that rat bastard doubled down on his racist remarks I knew there was no chance he could go too far as far as they are concerned. When I saw the Democrats self-destruct into 25 ego-driven splinters instead of uniting behind two or three of the strongest contenders I knew there wasn't a chance in hell of their getting their act together in time...especially since at least one of them has a history of being a loud ass if she/he doesn't get the nomination.
At this point, becoming a laughing stock is the best we can hope for, considering how much damage we are capable of generating.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
While I realize that no country can go on forever, this is not how I envisioned the end of the United States of America. When the Republicans refused to even rebuke their leader for being openly racist I knew that there was no chance for impeachment no matter what that rat bastard said or did. When I saw and heard the loud shouting of "Send Her Back!" when that rat bastard doubled down on his racist remarks I knew there was no chance he could go too far as far as they are concerned. When I saw the Democrats self-destruct into 25 ego-driven splinters instead of uniting behind two or three of the strongest contenders I knew there wasn't a chance in hell of their getting their act together in time...especially since at least one of them has a history of being a loud ass if she/he doesn't get the nomination.
At this point, becoming a laughing stock is the best we can hope for, considering how much damage we are capable of generating.
And let's not forget as we watched one of the few adults in the room with mandate to investigated the current administration and identified at least 10 instances of serious malfeasance chose to punt to a dysfunctional congress rather than lead.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:05 PM

As a Canadian, it is painful to watch what is happening to your country. I mean, locking up children in filthy conditions? How can that be allowed happen? How can it be allowed to continue? Your Republicans are so far beyond the pale, they aren't even bothering to try and hide it anymore. They revel in it. My country has its fair share of problems, and our own shame when it comes to how children have been treated (First Nations ResidentIal Schools come to mind), but this is 2019. We should all be better than this.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:31 PM

The same people telling non-whites who criticize America to "get out" are the same people in support of monuments and holidays in honor of white Americans who literally fought against this country and who oppressed Americans. The same people who think liberal critics of the government need to get out of the country are the same ones who scream "second amendment solutions!" when they disagree with the government.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2019, 01:55 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
He's only a Republican because running as a Democrat wasn't getting him elected.
Exactly- nothing in Trump's past before he was a candidate is any way shape or form Republican.

He wanted attention for his brand or show or whatever and had the sense to know he could make the attention last longer as a Republican candidate, because their voters are easier to manipulate- he wouldn't have made the final six democrats.

I have no doubt even he was surprised he got the nom, let alone the election.

This was supposed to be a two month attention getting gig for him, too bad the country is so stupid they elected him.

Doing the job is actually annoying for him, but his ego is too large now that he in office, to let it end willingly.

His comments are Republican now for his base, but does anyone really think Trump gives a shit about church or abortions or any of that?

Last edited by Helmut Doork; 07-18-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:

Then again, the reason running as a Democrat wasn't getting him elected was that he was really a Republican all along. He was just living in a Democratic city.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Doork View Post
His comments are Republican now for his base, but does anyone really think Trump gives a shit about church or abortions or any of that?
Or anything other than himself, really.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:17 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Or anything other than himself, really.
agree again! Before 2016 for him it was just about whoever in office could best help Trump gain more wealth, he couldn't care the party. He bashed Bush as well as Obama. But technically I think he was registered democrat for many years before 2016.

To be democrat or republican or any of that you at least have to have some ideals or opinions on politics or the country or something- Trump's only interest is Trump.

Does anyone really think Trump has ever stood in line to vote, in his life?

His racism is not new, but that doesn't make him Republican, it makes him an asshole.

Last edited by Helmut Doork; 07-18-2019 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:37 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
His racism is not new, but that doesn't make him Republican, it makes him an asshole.
The Republicans in office that stand up for that racist are also racists.
Old 07-18-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Doing the job is actually annoying for him, but his ego is too large now that he in office, to let it end willingly.
I used to think that, but I now think he really loves the attention that he gets at his rallies. I mean, who the fuck continues to hold rallies after they're elected? A narcissist, that's who.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
... But technically I think he was registered democrat for many years before 2016.
Why do you think so?

Quote:
Does anyone really think Trump has ever stood in line to vote, in his life?
But he did register, eh? As a Democrat, even.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Man View Post
Wouldnt it be cool if someone who has the energy collected all the shitty things Trump has said about America on Twitter together in one document and made it go viral? Then he could tell himself to fuck off back to Germany.
There's a subreddit for that.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
But technically I think he was registered democrat for many years before 2016.
You're not even close to technically right. From 1987-1999, he was a Republican. He was a Democrat for all of 8 years, immediately switching back to Republican when Obama was elected. In the interim, he ran for the nomination of the Reform Party - that enlightening mix of conspiracy theorists and David Duke.

Feel free to try again. Try using Google, or Bing, or Siri, or SOMETHING, rather than spouting stupidly.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtC View Post
I used to think that, but I now think he really loves the attention that he gets at his rallies. I mean, who the fuck continues to hold rallies after they're elected? A narcissist, that's who.
Rallies that he organizes for himself are - Not. Part. Of. His. Job.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Exactly- nothing in Trump's past before he was a candidate is any way shape or form Republican.

He wanted attention for his brand or show or whatever and had the sense to know he could make the attention last longer as a Republican candidate, because their voters are easier to manipulate- he wouldn't have made the final six democrats.
And that's what actually makes Trump a Republican.

As Kobal2 pointed out, Trump gained victory BECAUSE he ran as a Republican and out-Republicaned all other nominees.

What Trump is NOT is merely the professed ideal of Repubilcanism.
What he IS is the ugly reality of Repubilcanism, without the fig leaf.

The Republican base chose him because they saw in him the most promising representative of the anger, hatred, zenophobia, jingoism, and selfishness that the party leadership and right-wing pundits had been feeding them for years.
He just didn't bother trying to hide it under the already crumbling veneer of morality and respectability.

Or what Defensive Indifference said.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:

Why'd you go putting that image in my mind?
Old 07-19-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
The Republicans in office that stand up for that racist are also racists.
They are also assholes.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locrian View Post
Hi. Im stupid. And Im the presydint. So you believe me! Because a lot/everybody is saying the same thing!

At this point, if someone shoots this orange turkey, Id say let them go. Arrange a parade with tanks! Or let states that support him secede from the union. Same thing.
Two words to make you hope that does not happen: President Pence!
Old 07-19-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
Rallies that he organizes for himself are - Not. Part. Of. His. Job.
But he does not do anything at all apart from that, does he? He watches TV, twitters, has executive time, plays golf, rallies. The TV he watches is about him or about something he hates, so he can twitter about it, executive time means the same again: watch TV etc. When he plays golf he cheats, so he wins bigly. It's about him, he brags about it. Then he repeats it all again in front of his admirers and calls it a rallie. Which is shown on TV... and on and on it goes. But when you watch closely you can see it is a one-trick-pony show. Racism and ME ME ME.
Yes, the USA is a laughing stock and he is the biggest exponent. Well, all I do is laugh about it, ridicule it, mock it. I live abroad and will never go to the USA again. They (you?) would probably not even let me in, although I am white and wealthy. I can see that the "Government of the USA" visits my webpage where I try to counter their tastelessness with more tastelessness (so far they win hands down). OK, I am not getting paranoid, they will not touch me. I hope they chocke on it while watching. I truly despise what is happening and the people who let it happen.
I see it, but I do not understand it and can hardly believe it.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:00 AM

Our country is a laughing stock that is going to hell

Yes and yes.

Rivaled only by the UK with the "shall we pull out or not" ongoing Brexit drama (aka EU interruptus) and the three-ring circus that the Conservative party is running. With the prospect of "mini me" Trumpson, ah, Johnson, getting elected. We would laugh but it hurts too much.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:35 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisquirrel View Post
You're not even close to technically right. From 1987-1999, he was a Republican. He was a Democrat for all of 8 years, immediately switching back to Republican when Obama was elected. In the interim, he ran for the nomination of the Reform Party - that enlightening mix of conspiracy theorists and David Duke.

Feel free to try again. Try using Google, or Bing, or Siri, or SOMETHING, rather than spouting stupidly.
Um- I said he was a Democrat at some point before running- you confirmed this, yet Im still stupid? Is this not enough of a cite?
Three options, apologize for your ignorance, slink away from thread in shame, or come back with insults- I pick 'B'

When Donald Trump Was a Democrat

It turns out you don't have to look far to find evidence that Trump wasn't always a conservative Republican.

Trump was registered as a Democrat for more than eight years in the 2000s, according to New York City voter records made public during his campaign for president in 2016.

Trump owned up to his years with the other party and told CNN he identified with Democrats during that time because they were more adept at handling the economy.

Said Trump:

"It just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans. Now, it shouldn't be that way. But if you go back, I mean it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats. ... But certainly we had some very good economies under Democrats, as well as Republicans. But we've had some pretty bad disasters under the Republicans."

Trump was a registered Democrat from August 2001 through September 2009.

Last edited by Helmut Doork; 07-22-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
I pick 'B'
You're going to slink away from the thread in shame?
Why not just apologize?

Last edited by Not Carlson; 07-22-2019 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Um- I said he was a Democrat at some point before running
Look fool. No one gives a fuck if he considered himself a Democrat at some point in the past. That doesn't make him one now or your party would abandon him in a heartbeat. It has no practical effect on anything. It's fucking meaningless.

Continuing to bang this drum as if it is important makes you look about as smart as those QAnon morons. But then, you're probably one of those too.

Last edited by Chimera; 07-22-2019 at 07:08 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:13 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
Look fool. No one gives a fuck if he considered himself a Democrat at some point in the past. That doesn't make him one now or your party would abandon him in a heartbeat. It has no practical effect on anything. It's fucking meaningless.

Continuing to bang this drum as if it is important makes you look about as smart as those QAnon morons. But then, you're probably one of those too.
Do your due diligence- Ive only three posts in the thread, all to make the point he's not a democrat or republican or anything! you have to have ideals or concern for anything other than yourself to be in a party! My quote shows he doesnt give a shit about party as recently as four years ago, how did you miss that? he voted previously according to not the best for the country, but the best for him, is this a shock to anyone?
If his adviser told him by running in 2020 for leaglizing all drugs and banning all guns would guarantee him the election and he would lose any other way, he'd do it in a heartbeat! He'd love to be adored by the hip celebs and smart people instead of hicks, he just wasnt going to get elected voting democrat ideals in 2016. It kills him most celebs shun him, He'd love for rappers to be issuing pro Trump songs!

Last edited by Helmut Doork; 07-22-2019 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:37 AM
2018 Midterm Prediction Winner

Nah. Trump is white and conservative. It's only anti American when leftists and brown people criticize America.