Old 12-09-2019, 04:18 PM

Friendly Advice for Drunky

Calm down son! Or at least use the right forum to Ďcommunicateí in. When the drugs and suspension wear off post your troll/sock proof in a rational form and the mods will act. Ranting like a loon while overworking your remaining synapses isnít productive and wonít help you in any way.

Finally, get over yourself and your virtue signaling need to correct every wrong on the internet. Itís pointless.
Old 12-09-2019, 04:24 PM
Champion Chili Chef
Charter Member

Taking posting advice from Octoputz is like taking medical advice from Typhoid Mary.
Old 12-09-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
Taking posting advice from Octoputz is like taking medical advice from Typhoid Mary.
What if you are looking for advice about how to get Typhoid? Seems like a good person to ask.
Old 12-09-2019, 04:28 PM

DS is a braindead loon who isnt worth the time to write out his screenname in full. There is a better use of your time. Such as.banging creatively shaped craters into the wall with your head.

Last edited by Ambivalid; 12-09-2019 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-09-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Note the subject of the thread. Your avatar is so appropriate.
Old 12-09-2019, 04:32 PM
Champion Chili Chef
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
The fact that you think that makes sense only reinforces my opinion about your ability to help anyone.
Old 12-09-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
The fact that you think that makes sense only reinforces my opinion about your ability to help anyone.
Letís say you are right. What is your friendly advice for Drunky? He obviously needs help. Iím sure there are loved ones in his life that count on him. Maybe even a houseplant or a fish.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:01 PM

I sure hope he doesn't neglect his house plant, spending all day, every day, posting meaningless bullshit on the internet.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:19 PM

My friendly advice is that you're going to complain about somebody's posting behavior, you should provide a link to the behavior you're complaining about. (Like so.) Because absent a link, I find it reasonable to conclude that he made a completely normal and calm post and you just went nuts about it because you're an insane person.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by begbert2 View Post
My friendly advice is that you're going to complain about somebody's posting behavior, you should provide a link to the behavior you're complaining about. (Like so.) Because absent a link, I find it reasonable to conclude that he made a completely normal and calm post and you just went nuts about it because you're an insane person.
Itís friendly advice for drunky not for begbert. Drunky knows why he needs help.

But if youíre curious check out ATMB. I ainít messing with links while on the phone.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:32 PM
Sith Mod

Quote:
What do you think Czarcasm's avatar is?
Old 12-09-2019, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
What do you think Czarcasm's avatar is?
Obviously itís a cookie jar.

(I have a TARDIS-shaped cookie jar in my kitchen which sadly is no larger on the inside than the outside.)
Old 12-09-2019, 05:54 PM

So Drunky got upset about things that a lot of posters are upset about, and your response is to come here and start this? He's right: fuck you.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Itís friendly advice for drunky not for begbert. Drunky knows why he needs help.

But if youíre curious check out ATMB. I ainít messing with links while on the phone.
Did you mean 'not for octopus'? Because the notion that I was offering advice to myself makes no sense whatsoever.

And it looks like Drunky is just tired of trolls. I get why you're not tired of trolls, but those of us who are not trolls get tired of them pretty fast.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
So Drunky got upset about things that a lot of posters are upset about, and your response is to come here and start this? He's right: fuck you.
Well, well, well look what shows its ugly head! A mean girl!

This is a friendly advice thread you dishonest toad. Drunky is free to say what he wants, more or less, in the pit. But up in ATMB being a white knight against so-called misogyny doesnít grant one a license to post like an unhinged loon. It doesnít help the crusade and it wonít help him as an incel. Itís completely counterproductive.

Oh, if so many of you long term snark-trolls feel as drunky felt at least he has the courage to act on his convictions. As illogical and erroneous as they may be.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Did you mean 'not for octopus'? Because the notion that I was offering advice to myself makes no sense whatsoever.

And it looks like Drunky is just tired of trolls. I get why you're not tired of trolls, but those of us who are not trolls get tired of them pretty fast.
Well, more friendly advice just for you. Thereís an ignore feature on these boards!!

Last edited by octopus; 12-09-2019 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
This is a friendly advice thread you dishonest toad.
Well, maybe it was.

(Okay, we all know it never was.)

Quote:
Well, more friendly advice just for you. There’s an ignore feature on these boards!!
God, you're fragile today.

Last edited by begbert2; 12-09-2019 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:22 PM

I've always heard to kick a person when they're already down was doubly despicable.

(Since you're calling folks names: I prefer being called 'A Dangerous Woman',
'Mean girl' is sexist)

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 12-09-2019 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
I prefer being called 'A Dangerous Woman'
Isn't that redundant?

(Flees)
Old 12-09-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
I've always heard to kick a person when they're already down was doubly despicable.

'Mean girl' is sexist)
Iím not calling random folks names. Sunny is a special case.

With regards to kicking while down, thatís just silly. Drunky attacked a lot of folks in a very hostile and dishonest fashion. Iím choosing to respond because he clearly needs help.

Thatís why my first bit of advice was for him to calm down. If he wants his words to be taken seriously he canít come across as deranged or unhinged.

You folks have disappointed me btw. Please reflect upon that and strive to do better.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
You folks have disappointed me btw. Please reflect upon that and strive to do better.
If you don't like what people are saying, you have the option to not read the thread.

Last edited by Chisquirrel; 12-09-2019 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Removed a nut
Old 12-09-2019, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Isn't that redundant?

(Flees)
Old 12-09-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
On reflection, criticism from you sounds a lot like praise, and I'm hard pressed to think of things I could do better regarding posting on this message board.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
On reflection, criticism from you sounds a lot like praise, and I'm hard pressed to think of things I could do better regarding posting on this message board.
Could roll your fat ass up to the gym?

Last edited by octopus; 12-09-2019 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Actually, the way I heard it was "Always kick a man while he's down. It gives him the occasion to rise above it."

ETA: Drunky is suspended.

Last edited by Knowed Out; 12-09-2019 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Could roll your fat ass up to the gym?
It eludes me how that would make me a better poster on this message board, but I suppose it shouldn't surprise me that you didn't have the reading comprehension to get all the way through one whole sentence.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:13 PM

Try answering the questions in Post #144 in that thread where you were drooling over the fantasy of calling anybody antifa and then using that to justify running them over with a vehicle, OP.
They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by margin View Post
Try answering the questions in Post #144 in that thread where you were drooling over the fantasy of calling anybody antifa and then using that to justify running them over with a vehicle, OP.
Thatís stalking!

And off topic and very dishonest. Shame!
Old 12-09-2019, 07:42 PM

I presume you realize the irony in somebody slinging insults so haphazardly trying to convince other people that they should be ashamed.

My presumption is based on the fact that of course you realize it; you're just trolling.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
I presume you realize the irony in somebody slinging insults so haphazardly trying to convince other people that they should be ashamed.

My presumption is based on the fact that of course you realize it; you're just trolling.
Well, you just aren't very bright are you? You've heard of something called cause and effect? Action/reaction? Put your little mind to use and figure out what posts are causes and what posts are effects.

When I respond to folks and their elementary school insults that's an effect...

Now, I know you think you are witty and are demonstrating masterful wordplay. You're not. It's amateur and sort of boring. So, please, if you aren't here to help at least be somewhat creative.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
Obviously itís a cookie jar.

(I have a TARDIS-shaped cookie jar in my kitchen which sadly is no larger on the inside than the outside.)
Well, you're not trying hard enough. You can get a jar and a half's worth of cookies into it if you keep eating them while you're putting them in.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:

'Mean girl' is sexist)
What about that movie titled "Mean Girls"? Is that just one big sexist congloberation?
Old 12-09-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Well, you just aren't very bright are you? You've heard of something called cause and effect? Action/reaction? Put your little mind to use and figure out what posts are causes and what posts are effects.

When I respond to folks and their elementary school insults that's an effect...

Now, I know you think you are witty and are demonstrating masterful wordplay. You're not. It's amateur and sort of boring. So, please, if you aren't here to help at least be somewhat creative.
Cause: OP, mocking someone who has been suspended

Effect: An entire thread calling the OP an asshole
Old 12-09-2019, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisquirrel View Post

The suspension is irrelevant, fool. The behavior that led to the suspension is relevant.

He could have posted that exact, well mostly exact, dishonest and nutty post down here in the pit and it would have been perfectly fine. The fact that he didnít because heís entitled to act like an ass because heís oh so mad about the socks and the misogynies! is indicative of an unhealthy mind.

Look, no one needs to take octopusís advice. Thatís fine. Iím married. Iím used to being ignored when I mansplain.

I just wonder what itís like going through life as an overly emotional, fragile, perpetually offended, professional victim. Isnít it exhausting ranting and raving at the whole world?
Old 12-09-2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
The suspension is irrelevant, fool. The behavior that led to the suspension is relevant.

He could have posted that exact, well mostly exact, dishonest and nutty post down here in the pit and it would have been perfectly fine. The fact that he didnít because heís entitled to act like an ass because heís oh so mad about the socks and the misogynies! is indicative of an unhealthy mind.

Look, no one needs to take octopusís advice. Thatís fine. Iím married. Iím used to being ignored when I mansplain.

I just wonder what itís like going through life as an overly emotional, fragile, perpetually offended, professional victim. Isnít it exhausting ranting and raving at the whole world?
Why are you referring to yourself in the third person? How many socks are you juggling?
Old 12-09-2019, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena330 View Post
Why are you referring to yourself in the third person? How many socks are you juggling?
Cause octopus do.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
I don't know. I don't have a habit of admonishing everyone for language then changing my tune to "but you don't have to read those threads" when my fellow conservative fucktards keep getting banned for being fucktards.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
I don't know. I don't have a habit of admonishing everyone for language then changing my tune to "but you don't have to read those threads" when my fellow conservative fucktards keep getting banned for being fucktards.
You donít understand different rules for different threads or forums? And what does this have to do with conservative posters being banned due to bias?
Old 12-09-2019, 11:10 PM
Charter Member

Octopus, serious question if I may?

Is your real name Martin (or Marty)? Because your writing style and the shit you post reminds me very much of someone I am familiar with, with the name above.

And in the spirit of the thread, fuck off troll.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Thatís stalking!

And off topic and very dishonest. Shame!

Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.

They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
What about that movie titled "Mean Girls"? Is that just one big sexist congloberation?
Hollywood has been sexist for over a 100 years.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:32 PM

Quote:
At least eight.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kambuckta View Post
Octopus, serious question if I may?

Is your real name Martin (or Marty)? Because your writing style and the shit you post reminds me very much of someone I am familiar with, with the name above.

And in the spirit of the thread, fuck off troll.
The spirit is one of friendly advice. Thatís being lost on you people. And, no, my name is not Marty. Thankfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by margin View Post

Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.

Thatís great and all. Doesnít seem like you wrote it yourself. Are you plagiarizing as well as being otherwise dishonest?

Quote:
Hollywood has been sexist for over a 100 years.
So what? Thatís irrelevant malarkey!

I got to give myself some advice:

ĎOctopus! Posting in the pit is rarely productive!í
Old 12-10-2019, 12:34 AM

Quote:
The spirit is one of friendly advice. Thatís being lost on you people. And, no, my name is not Marty. Thankfully.
Don't be ridiculous. You're gloating.

You're one of the main contributors that's made this board toxic and why it's losing posters. If that's your goal, you've succeeded spectacularly.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:46 AM
Charter Member

Honestly, I'd rather have a hundred Drunkies who post some shit occasionally than a single Octopus who posts a single fuck-arsed post, evah.

Dude, you and your brethren have dragged The Dope down into the shitter in the last few years. If you think that's something to be proud of, then keep up the good fight hero. Won't be long before you're treading shit in the cesspool that remains of your humanity.

Again, fuck off troll.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
That movie about teenage GIRLS? In high school?
Old 12-10-2019, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Honestly, I'd rather have a hundred Drunkies who post some shit occasionally than a single Octopus who posts a single fuck-arsed post, evah.

Dude, you and your brethren have dragged The Dope down into the shitter in the last few years. If you think that's something to be proud of, then keep up the good fight hero. Won't be long before you're treading shit in the cesspool that remains of your humanity.

Again, fuck off troll.
If it were only one post. But if you look at his posting history, it's all shit-stirring, bitching, arguing, etc. There are very few posts if any, that indicate any basic human decency towards others.

The only way this board will start to get better is if he's removed from it.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:59 AM

Quote:
This is a friendly advice thread you dishonest toad.
Which is why you "honestly" posted it in the Pit?

What a motherfucking coward you are, though, waiting until someone's suspended before pitting them.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:08 AM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that's the desired effect. He thrives on it ... it's the only way he can get hard anymore, I'm sure.

That and his hand-drawn manga-style pictures of himself and other Doper reichwingers. The "Shodan-octoputz kissing in the rain" one is actually quite well-drawn, I'll give him that. I just don't know why Shodan is drawn as a teenaged schoolgirl...
Old 12-10-2019, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Don't be ridiculous. You're gloating.

You're one of the main contributors that's made this board toxic and why it's losing posters. If that's your goal, you've succeeded spectacularly.
Ironic. Toxic is stirring drama up for snark. Hypocrit.

Quote:

Again, fuck off troll.
Responding to an irrational nut in the appropriate forum is not trolling. And sorry if a contrary opinion in the hive is perceived as dragging a website down into the shitter. When you leave your basement and step into the sun and see real people with real thoughts your mind might just be blown.

Quote:
If it were only one post. But if you look at his posting history, it's all shit-stirring, bitching, arguing, etc. There are very few posts if any, that indicate any basic human decency towards others.

The only way this board will start to get better is if he's removed from it.
The Pit is not your private playground. If there is such a forum and if I'm a target in it, you cannot cry your little crocodile tears when I use it myself.

Great Debates and Elections are forums that by there very nature are about arguing. Duh! It's really not that difficult to comprehend that forums that promote a space to have discussions on contentious issues will be contentious. You fools want this to be nothing more than a safe space where every non-hive opinion is considered trolling and banned. And you folks have been obsessed with this intellectual conformity to a point that it's scary. Speaking of scary intellects...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDibble View Post
Which is why you "honestly" posted it in the Pit?

What a motherfucking coward you are, though, waiting until someone's suspended before pitting them.
He'll be back. He can respond then. If he were a bit smarter and bit more composed he wouldn't have been suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDibble View Post
I'm pretty sure that's the desired effect. He thrives on it ... it's the only way he can get hard anymore, I'm sure.

That and his hand-drawn manga-style pictures of himself and other Doper reichwingers. The "Shodan-octoputz kissing in the rain" one is actually quite well-drawn, I'll give him that. I just don't know why Shodan is drawn as a teenaged schoolgirl...
Mine that snark! Chop-chop!

Is labeling everything right-wing troll the old is new again tactic to manipulate the board culture?

Your dart board of racist!, misogyny!, old white men!, right wing troll! is so predictable nowadays.

Huddle up with the mean girls and come up with some new buzzwords. Please.

Last edited by octopus; 12-10-2019 at 01:25 AM.