Old 04-03-2020, 09:05 PM

Jared Kushner and Federal stockpiles

What authority or medical knowledge or epidemiological experience does Jared Kushner have?

IMHO, he's a non-entity and has no business speaking at a CoVID-19 news briefing.

~VOW
Old 04-03-2020, 09:36 PM

Well, he's already Jewish. That halfway to doctor (or lawyer) if you ask his mother.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOW View Post
What authority or medical knowledge or epidemiological experience does Jared Kushner have?

IMHO, he's a non-entity and has no business speaking at a CoVID-19 news briefing.

~VOW
As far as the last two, he has none, just like Trump, Pence, Biden, the token female VP he picks, Bernie Sanders, or any other politician.

As to the first, his authority comes from the President who gave him the authority to speak at the news briefing.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:44 PM

He's ridiculous.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:45 PM
Charter Member

Kushner's official title is Senior Advisor to the President. As such, he's a significant part of the Trump administration and can legitimately act as a spokesman for it.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraVires View Post
As far as the last two, he has none, just like Trump, Pence, Biden, the token female VP he picks, Bernie Sanders, or any other politician.
Your ability to attempt to excuse blatant nepotism with a weak-ass tu quoque is not the least bit surprising. Pathetic, sure. Sad, definitely. But not surprising in the least.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:48 PM

You can bet the slimy little toad is going to make a buck off it somehow. Give masks to shell companies, shell companies sell to states for a profit. The post-mortem for this administration is going to reveal corruption on an industrial scale.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:21 PM
Charter Member

As I was recently reminded, we're supposed to keep political comments out of this forum.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLibDem View Post
You can bet the slimy little toad is going to make a buck off it somehow. Give masks to shell companies, shell companies sell to states for a profit. The post-mortem for this administration is going to reveal corruption on an industrial scale.
We can only hope that when trump is out of office, the corruption probes follow their logical conclusion to a court of law, then the slimy little toad will get his day in court.

I can't find the quote, but the slimy little toad has only accomplished three things in life:
1. was born in a wealthy family
2. married well
3. knows how to handle trump

Everything else has turned to shite.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:51 PM
SD Curator of Critters

Considering the first few posts, the only place for this is the Pit.

Colibri
Quarantine Zone Moderator
Old 04-04-2020, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
As I was recently reminded, we're supposed to keep political comments out of this forum.
The OP is inherently political, (and the thread was moved, accordingly). But I would say that the whole Coronavirus situation is inherently political, anyway.

Kushner's qualifications are his failure with the Middle East, his failure with the opioid crisis, and his failure with other matters. He is perfectly qualified to fail with this situation, as well. Trump was really luck to find this guy.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

As to the first, his authority comes from the President who gave him the authority to speak at the news briefing.
Pence has actually dealt with public health emergencies as governor of Indiana, albeit at a much smaller scale. So, in that sense, he actually does have more experience than Kushner.

I also feel compelled to add I was not, as a resident of Indiana, impressed with Pence's skills in that area.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:15 AM

Quote:

Fuck you and your bullshit "token" comment, you misogynistic asshole.

Anyway, I think my favorite part was when Kushner said that the Federal stockpile was for federal use. The HHS website said it was specifically for the states. So, does Kushner issue a correction? Of course not! He's a slimy asshole. Instead, they changed the HHS website, because we were always at war with Eastasia.

Here's one of many cites:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/kush...ry?id=69936411
Old 04-04-2020, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitterSport View Post

Anyway, I think my favorite part was when Kushner said that the Federal stockpile was for federal use. The HHS website said it was specifically for the states. So, does Kushner issue a correction? Of course not! He's a slimy asshole. Instead, they changed the HHS website, because we were always at war with Eastasia.

I'm a misogynist? Who is picking a woman as a VP simply because she is a woman? He is using gender as a political tool; not picking her for her qualifications or her knowledge, simply because she is a woman and he calculates that will help him be elected president.

And, he is not only using gender, he is using race. He will appoint a black woman to the next open seat on the Supreme Court. Again, not because he believes that she is the best jurist available at the time, but solely because she is black and a woman. He has cut from consideration thousands of qualified men and thousands of qualified women who do not meet his racial purity test. I wonder if he is using the "one drop" rule or should he appoint a committee to conduct DNA profiles of potential candidates to ensure the candidate is of the correct racial mix?

Who is using women here? Hint: It ain't me. So you can say "fuck you" to me all you want, but your party will be the one weaponizing gender (and race) in this particular political campaign, not me.

But more to the point, this isn't nepotism. Nepotism is getting your idiot brother in law a job working for the State Department of Highways because he otherwise couldn't get a job on a pig farm. Kushner is set for life no matter what. If anything, he is taking a large pay cut by working for government wages.

This is no different than Bush bringing his team from Texas or Clinton bringing his team from Arkansas. Any successful person surrounds themselves with people they trust and take those people with them when they move on or move up. Kushner is no better or no worse than any other government drone that you could put in his place.

This is a nothingburger, but it's Trump, and its the SDMB, so let's go on with the Pit Thread with more of the same wild accusations about how Hitler, Jr. is now in charge of the United States.

I don't know why you guys need a Pit Thread for Trump anyways because you're allowed to do the same thing in GD or P&E. Carry on.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:47 AM

Hey, shit-for-brains, this is a pit thread for Kushner, not Trump. Dumbass.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Kushner is no better or no worse than any other government drone that you could put in his place.
You can't honestly believe that. A man who has shown exactly zero knowledge regarding the proper functioning of government, and who had zero experience in public service is, "...no worse than any other government drone...?"

Are you so in the tank for Trump that you sincerely believe that Kushner belongs anywhere near the COVID-19 response, or are you one of those, "everyone in government is incompetent," BSABer? I honestly can't tell.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlb View Post
You can't honestly believe that.
I've learned it is almost impossible to underestimate UltraVires's combination of self delusion and massive stupidity.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
I'm a misogynist? Who is picking a woman as a VP simply because she is a woman? He is using gender as a political tool; not picking her for her qualifications or her knowledge, simply because she is a woman and he calculates that will help him be elected president.

And, he is not only using gender, he is using race. He will appoint a black woman to the next open seat on the Supreme Court. Again, not because he believes that she is the best jurist available at the time, but solely because she is black and a woman. He has cut from consideration thousands of qualified men and thousands of qualified women who do not meet his racial purity test.
Biden didn't say he was choosing either of these positions "solely" or "simply" because they are a woman or black. (YOU said that.) You are assuming that because the person is a woman or black they can't be qualified, even though you don't even know who the person is.

There is no single "best" person for these positions. There is an array possible and qualified people, all qualified in essentially equal, though, different ways. Clearly, though, you have your notions of what makes a person qualified before you even know who it is, as long as you know the race and gender.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:04 AM

double post

Last edited by guizot; 04-04-2020 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
I've learned it is almost impossible to underestimate UltraVires's combination of self delusion and massive stupidity.
And yet people never stop trying...
Old 04-04-2020, 09:44 AM
Charter Member

Kushner has been a failure at everything he's done in life. His only success was in marrying the First Strumpet and being enough like his loser FIL that they bonded. Trump thinks Lizard Boy can do no wrong. I look for him to be cause of hundreds, if not thousands, of deaths before this is all over.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:02 AM

His main success, however, was being born to rich parents.

He's like his father-in-law. He was born on third base and acts like he hit a triple.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:15 AM

Quote:
I'm a misogynist?
Yes, and also the dumbest fucking lawyer in West Virginia.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
The reason you are completely wrong is that Trump, Pence, Biden, Sanders, and Biden's VP would all be holding elected offices. They would have been placed in their position by the people.

Jared Kushner was not elected. His only qualification is Donald Trump likes him. And Trump has repeatedly shown he has poor judgement.

Last edited by Little Nemo; 04-04-2020 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:31 AM

Am I the only one who looks at Jared Kushner and is reminded of the classic Twilight Zone episode “Living Doll” where ‘Talking Tina’ stalks Telly Savalas around his house? Just me?

Jared Kushner creeps the ever-loving fuck out of me even aside from his complete ineptitude.

Stranger
Old 04-04-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger On A Train View Post
Am I the only one who looks at Jared Kushner and is reminded of the classic Twilight Zone episode “Living Doll” where ‘Talking Tina’ stalks Telly Savalas around his house? Just me?

Jared Kushner creeps the ever-loving fuck out of me even aside from his complete ineptitude.

Stranger
Nitpick: Talky Tina

Holy shit, I just corrected Stranger! I'm going to go die happy of CV.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:32 PM

Quote:
I'm a misogynist? Who is picking a woman as a VP simply because she is a woman?
No one that I'm aware of. Have you even considered the possibility that he might have determined the best and most qualified candidate or candidates are women? And the same might be true for SCOTUS?

Probably not, because (like Trump, and many other old white men), it might not come naturally to you to consider that the best qualified candidate for some high office could be something other than a white man.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:17 PM

Why bother even responding to UltraVires? He speaks in human tongue only to incite anger, and then returns to his lair in the warm comfort that he has done is bit to make the world a slightly more hostile place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needscoffee View Post
Holy shit, I just corrected Stranger! I'm going to go die happy of CV.
Glad to be of service. ;-)

Stranger

Last edited by Stranger On A Train; 04-04-2020 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefguy View Post
Kushner has been a failure at everything he's done in life. His only success was in marrying the First Strumpet and being enough like his loser FIL that they bonded. Trump thinks Lizard Boy can do no wrong. I look for him to be cause of hundreds, if not thousands, of deaths before this is all over.
Why do you think she fell in love with him? He's Daddy, except he can keep a (creepily) straight face.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOW View Post

~VOW
He is a Princeling in the House of Trump.

That is all you need concern yourself with, peon. Now move along before you are tasered.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:

Thank you for your valuable attempt, however the position of Trump Sycophant and Ball Licker has been filled. We will keep your contribution on file, and call you if the need arises.

In the meantime, get back in line with the other peons, or you will be tasered.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:34 PM
Charter Member

So... if all the shitty stockpiled stuff is being dumped on the states, and states are reporting they're being outbid for new stuff by the Feds...

.... where is all the good PPE and medical equipment going?

I'm beginning to think it's all in a bunker somewhere for the Correct People to use while the world outside turns into a blasted wasteland. Or so the Oligarchs/Trumps/Kunshers/etc. think.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broomstick View Post
Trump and Kushner are businessmen. They understand supply and demand in ways little people like us do not. They're holding all of the medical equipment in anticipation that it'll be worth more in another few weeks. It's the Art of the Deal.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
Trump and Kushner are businessmen. They understand supply and demand in ways little people like us do not. They're holding all of the medical equipment in anticipation that it'll be worth more in another few weeks. It's the Art of the Deal.
If Trump runs this distribution of stockpiles the way he runs his other businesses, he'll delay so he can get "TRUMP" printed in large gold letters on every piece of equipment and protective item and then hold onto them until after the crisis passes and then declare bankruptcy as a "sound business strategy" while boasting of how many billions he's worth even though no one gets to see his tax returns or accounting statements.

The only actual deal Trump has ever been good at is getting media attention, and they persist in giving him a platform for his bullshit even as his toxic lies literally threaten public health and safety.

Stranger
Old 04-04-2020, 03:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by don't mind me View Post
Why do you think she fell in love with him? He's Daddy, except he can keep a (creepily) straight face.
What's love got to do with it? It's a marriage of money, with a touch of incestuous lust that I don't even want to think about.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefguy View Post
What's love got to do with it? It's a marriage of money, with a touch of incestuous lust that I don't even want to think about.
A touch? Donald Trump is the King Midas of incestuous lust:

Don't Forget: Donald Trump Wants to Bang His Daughter

Again, Don't Forget: Donald Trump Wants to Bang His Daughter

Stranger
Old 04-04-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:

Stranger
Me too. And then I remember that he's connected to the number 666 and I start to have serious fucking doubts about a lot of my positions on whether there's anything to that religious stuff after all.

And his wife is another one. That phony whispery voice that she has. Ick.

Yep, I hate them both.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:12 PM

Oh, fuck you, UltraVires. Just fuck you. I've never said that to anyone on this board, but fuck you.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:57 PM
Charter Member

Chelsea Clinton Takes A Not-So-Subtle Swipe At Jared Kushner's Pandemic Role

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea Clinton
(Keep thinking: I’ve a Masters in Public Health; wrote my doctoral dissertation on global efforts to tackle AIDS pandemic; co-authored a book on global health governance; teach MPH courses on health systems & global health & I’m not qualified to lead a national #covid19 effort.)
Old 04-04-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broomstick View Post
So... if all the shitty stockpiled stuff is being dumped on the states, and states are reporting they're being outbid for new stuff by the Feds...

I'm beginning to think it's all in a bunker somewhere for the Correct People to use while the world outside turns into a blasted wasteland. Or so the Oligarchs/Trumps/Kunshers/etc. think.
They're going to dole it out to places that support Trump. Every other place can just die.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Antibob View Post
His main success, however, was being born to rich parents.

He's like his father-in-law. He was born on third base and acts like he hit a triple.
Kevin Smith once said, about show business, that you fail upwards. I think we can apply that to politics and Trumpism, as well.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitap View Post
They're going to dole it out to places that support Trump. Every other place can just die.
I've heard that it may be strategically distributed to swing states as the election nears.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:33 PM

Quote:
We’re in the pit. Don’t pull any punches, you can say “fuck”. Donald Trump wants to FUCK his daughter. #daughterfucker
Old 04-04-2020, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
We’re in the pit. Don’t pull any punches, you can say “fuck”. Donald Trump wants to FUCK his daughter. #daughterfucker
I was just referencing the titles of the videos. Of course Donald Trump doesn't just want to fuck his daughter; he wants Ivanka to piss all over him while spanking him with a magazine that has his face on his cover. Paying a porn star who looks vaguely like his daughter to do that just wasn't really satisfying enough.

Stranger
Old 04-04-2020, 07:37 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
...In the meantime, get back in line with the other peons, or you will be tasered.
“A tasering!. A tasering!”

“Yes! And when you’ve given us all a good tasering....the oral sex!”
Old 04-06-2020, 07:13 AM

Why does Donald seemingly believe that Jared has superhuman abilities? Because Jared is the one guy in the planet (that we know of) that gets to do the one thing that Donald cannot but would love to do: fuck the living shit out of Ivanka.

He doesn't know shit about any subject you can name. Things I have more trust in than Kushner's abilities: Flint tap water, gas station sushi, Tom Brady inflating my tires, Taco Bell bathrooms, and Bill Cosby mixing me a drink.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLibDem View Post
Why does Donald seemingly believe that Jared has superhuman abilities? Because Jared is the one guy in the planet (that we know of) that gets to do the one thing that Donald cannot but would love to do: fuck the living shit out of Ivanka.

He doesn't know shit about any subject you can name. Things I have more trust in than Kushner's abilities: Flint tap water, gas station sushi, Tom Brady inflating my tires, Taco Bell bathrooms, and Bill Cosby mixing me a drink.
You got me at "gas station sushi"! God, thanks... I needed that laugh. (Woke up my dog.)
Old 04-06-2020, 07:26 AM
Charter Member

Just throwing this question out there: is UltraVires a worse lawyer than Kushner is a policy maker, or vice versa?

I say Kushner is worse. His incompetence is leading to more deaths.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:22 AM

Isn't that more because of the venues they each act in and not because of the quality of their work?
Old 04-06-2020, 09:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitterSport View Post

Serious question; did anyone follow up on his statement? ("You also have a situation where in some states, FEMA allocated ventilators to the states and you have instances where in cities they’re running out, but the state still has a stockpile and the notion of the federal stockpile was, it’s supposed to be our stockpile. It’s not supposed to be state stockpiles that they then use.")

Who is "our" referring to? What is the stockpile for if not for use by the states?