12 Most Common Beer Myths Exploded

YMMV, but I don’t think I’ve ever had a Corona that didn’t have a trace of skunk in it. Like I said, it’s part of its flavor profile.

“Also, a Guinness drinker in Ireland is guaranteed to have their drink poured correctly in Ireland than in some parts of the world, . . .”

I distrust myth-busters who can’t write or to edit a coherent sentence.

I hope this is a woosh lol

He needs to at least add a “rather” somewhere in that statement.

I’ve read that Guinness actually has less calories than your average beer. It may taste hearty, but it’s closer to a ‘lite’ beer than not.

Pilsner Urquell is also infamous for its skunkiness. People who would travel to Czechoslovakia would get drink it before it had been in the green glass long enough to turn skunky, or they got it on tap, in which case sunlight never got to it at all, then they’d come back to the US and try to convince people it was great beer, so they’d go buy some that had been sitting out on the shelf in the liquor store for a couple months and yecch…

I was gonna call “cite?” but decided to do my own damned research.

With the exception of the Extra Stout, Guinness does seem to fall somewhere in-between a regular and a light beer. And, according to these numbers, it does fall just a hair closer to the “light” end of the spectrum.

Regular Budweiser@12 fl.oz. = 145 cal.

Bud Light@12 fl.oz. = 110 cal.

Miller Genuine Draft@12 fl.oz. = 143 cal.

Miller Genuine Draft Light@12 fl.oz. = 110 cal.

Miller Lite@12 fl.oz. = 96 cal.

Guinness (Bottle)@12 fl.oz. = ~125 cal.

Guinness Extra Stout@12fl.oz. = 176 cal.

It also has fewer calories than Michelob Light.

This article never even mentions what is IMO the most popular beer myth ever - the fabled “Bad Bottle of Beer.”

You remember if from your freshman year of college - somebody tosses their cookies at the frat keg party, then the next day insists that they must have drank a ‘bad beer’, a single, solitary bottle of beer that had some kind of mysterious defect to it that made the drinker sick - because of course that dude can handle his drinking like a MAN! (Forget that the entire case of beers he & his friends were drinking all came out of the same brewing vat.)

That’s more about “people” than “beer.”