3. Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
  4. Architecture In Helsinki - In Case We Die
  5. The Decemberists - Picaresque

I’m going to do a singles list, too. Top 20:

1. Mike Jones ft. Slim Thug and Paul Wall - Still Tippin’
  2. Amerie - 1 Thing
  3. M.I.A. - Bucky Done Gun
  4. The Futureheads - Hounds Of Love
  5. Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone (I think this might actually have come out at the end of '04, but I’m putting it in anyway, because i’m pissed that I slept on it)
  6. Art Brut - Emily Kane
  7. Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl
  8. Ciara ft. Ludacris - Oh!
  9. Wolf Parade - Shine A Light
  10. Ying Yang Twinz - Wait
  11. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - In This Home On Ice
  12. The Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
  13. Basement Jaxx - Oh My Gosh
  14. Architecture In Helsinki - It’5!
  15. Game ft. 50 Cent, Young Buck, Tony Yayo and Lloyd Banks - Hate It Or Love It (Remix)
  16. Maximo Park - Apply Some Pressure
  17. Kanye West - Diamonds from Sierra Leone
  18. Jennifer Lopez ft. Fabolous - Get Right (Remix)
  19. Interpol - Evil
  20. Lil Jon and The Eastside Boyz ft. Usher and Ludacris - Lovers and Friends

Bruce Springsteen - Devils & Dust

Y’know, if I had been expecting anything great from that album, it would’ve been on my list of big disappointments.

My Top5 so far…(in no order)
The Decemberistst - Picaresque
Head of Femur - Hysterical Stars
Four Tet - Ecstatic
Anthony & The Johnson - I am Bird now
Andrew Bird - Andrew Bird & The Mysterious Production of Eggs

Honorable mentions;
Eels - Blinking Lights and other stories
Clap your Hands say Yeah - Clap your Hands say Yeah
Engineers - Engineers
Mountain Goats - The Sunset Tree
Okkervil River - Black Sheep Boy

Honestly, I really liked Weezer’s Make Believe. I know it let a lot of people down, but I think it was their strongest album since the impossible-to-top Pinkerton.
Ben Folds’ *Songs For Silverman * was really strong too.
I still haven’t heard the new Raveonettes or White Stripes albums, or Picaresque, which everyone is loving, but I’m eagerly awaiting hearing those and I’m sure I’ll love them.

It hasn’t been mentioned yet, but I quite like Garbage’s Bleed Like Me.

Adding some metal…

System of a Down - Mezmerize
Mudvayne - Lost and Found
Octavia Sperati - Winter Enclosure

Duh, I knew I was forgetting something. Put that at number three on my list and bump MSI down to four.

I wasn’t that impressed with Octavia Sperati, but I can definitely see where others might be.

Shelly Fairchild–Ride

I haven’t heard this yet but I loved Don’t Fall in Love With Everyone You See. Loved, loved, loved. But I was very “eh” about their follow-up album. Is the new one more like Don’t Fall in Love, or is it more, um, emo, I guess?

My favorite album so far has been Electric Six’s Senor Smoke. I was dissappointed with Spoon’s new one, and I’m okay with Beck’s, but I can’t stop listening to the song “Jimmy Carter” by Electric Six.

ZJ

I bought it after listening to it with a buddy. I’ve recommended it to several people and they’ve enjoyed it too. So, it’s all word of mouth around here.
Oh, and to tell you how impressed I was, I bought that record the day after I heard it. I couldn’t get it out of my head. I wasn’t disappointed.

I’m a longtime NIN fan (about 13 years) and I think it’s a great album. On my first listen, I didn’t quite know what to make of it, but once it began to sink in, I loved it. There are some really great tracks on there - “Sunspots” and “Right Where it Belongs” come to mind.

1. Residents:** Animal Lover**
  2. Beyond Sensory Experience: Pursuit of Pleasure
  3. Inade: colliding dimensions
  4. Herbst9: buried under time and sand
  5. Henrik Nordvargr Bjorkk: The dead never sleep

Are you sure you’re not my boyfriend. Yeah, your location is in Maryland, but you may just be trying to trick me. :slight_smile: