2008 SDMB Yahoo Fantasy Baseball

I’d like to play if there’s still room. I’ve played fantasy baseball on Yahoo for several years, but not yet through the SDMB.

Looks like there’s going to have to be multiple leagues.

We had multiple leagues last year as well… I know I was in at least two.

Don’t we have at least one keeper league?

There’s one keeper league that I know of run by a former SDMB member, but that’s completely full.

And I did set up a second league at the last minute last year, using standard yahoo rules.

I’ve set up the main league, by copying last year’s league, and invited those people who have been in the league for three years or more. I’ll then invite in those who have played last year and have expressed interest, and then we’ll open it up.
We’ve been burned in past years by owners who disappeared right after the draft, or who made horrible trades, so we’re trying it this way. Don’t worry, there will still be openings to fill, and there’s lots of time.

I’d like to get in on this if there’s a spot open!

OK let’s bump this sucker now that it’s in the shiny new forum…

Anyone wants in, and is serious about sticking around all year, let me know. Send me a PM here or email me at paulm17 at yahoo dot com, if you send a PM be sure to give me your email address.
My personal feeling is that this isn’t the best league for someone who is new to fantasy baseball, but there’s not real way to enforce that.

I think we’ve got 11 owners now, and we’d like to get up to 18 or 20.

Well, one last update.

We’ve got 17 owners now, and are still looking for 1 to 3 more. If you’re a somewhat experienced fantasy baseball player, or a knowledgable baseball fan who wants to take a crack fantasy baseball with an experienced and slightly crazy bunch, let me know.

The details are all upthread, the only thing to add is the draft time - Wednesday, March 19th at 10:30 pm eastern. The draft in this league tends to last over 2 and a half hours, so be warned.

Especially with 9563854359256435 teams in the league.

I’ve never tried FB before, but I’m an old hand at FF. Can I try?

Make a thousand trades and you’re just a trader. Make one bad one and you’re a c**ksucker for life. Explains why I didn’t warrant an invite. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s cool. I don’t like roto as much anyways. I like the trash talk of H2H better. Have a great year! :slight_smile: And if anyone wants to start a H2H league, let me know. I’m in. You guys are good!.

Reminder to all, draft is tonight at 9:30PM CDT. See you there!

I’m there, dude.

Your plan to make me autodraft and get a shitty team by drafting well past my bedtime WILL NOT SUCCEED! I will see you all tonight after all decent people have shut their eyes towards the promise of a fresh morn to come!

Saying a fantasy draft is too late is like saying Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve is too late. It happens once a year and you make the appropriate sacrifices!