2018 Rowan County (KY) County Clerk election

There is nothing against the law or anything to donate money to that guy is there? I don’t even live in that state.

I’ve never heard of anything prohibiting you from donating to candidates that you are not able to vote for.

That’s cool. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

I sent him $20. Seems like a decent fellow.

Only real limit is you need to be a US citizen or green card holder to contribute to political candidates. I think that even applies to local elections like this one.

I tried to donate $1 million dollars, but apparently there is a limit to the amount someone can donate to a candidate.

So I did $100.

Yes. You’ll see, on the donation webpage, that it will ask you to confirm citizenship or lawful resident status. You are not asked if you are, and Kentucky law does not require that you be, a voter in that county.

Well, they also handle elections. That can be pretty high pressure.

As did I, just now. More power to him.

I hope he wins, because fuck that lady. I think it will be super funny.

Update on our local Detroit area piece of crazy:
As of now, she has been removed from office by a Judge, for lying about living in the county.

Although I would assume there is a good chance of more lawyering is still to come.

Good lord almighty. The best part about that article is a link to another article, whose title says it all:

Ermold is one of four Democratic candidates for clerk facing off in tomorrow’s primary - here’s an update: MSN

You know what I got most out of that article? That Rowan County, KY is prolly not a place I’d like to live.

Well this fucking blows.

Go Democrats in Rowan County anyway, but have you no sense of poetic justice?

She was a Democrat four years ago? And she said the party left her?

They sure grow 'em different in Kentucky, I guess. Ashley Judd she ain’t.

Yeah, really!

Ah well, still money well spent.

I’ll settle for plain old justice if Davis loses. Sure, the optics are great for Ermold, but if the residents of Rowan county don’t want to become the center of a national news story again, I really can’t hold it against them.

Kim Davis has lost :

Brian