24: Season 7: Episode 14 (9:00pm - 10:00pm)

Jesus, she’s supposed to be Chelsea! :eek:

So Voight’s evil henchmen are having a sleepover? It kind of makes them less ominous when they have to be told to pack their jammies and toothbrush.

Major eye-roll at the first vehicle Jack stole. It took him no more than 3 seconds to break into the steering column, find the right wires, shave the insulation off them, put them together and drive away.

They might as well give him “car-starting vision” or something.

Ooh–Do you think they have footie pajamas?

Can you, or even Jack Bauer, really break a car window with your elbow?

I suspect that if I was shot bodily at a glass window at 50 MPH with my arm out front, that I could indeed break through it.

No comment on what my physical state would be afterward, of course.

Dude, Jack Bauer could break Chuck Norris with his elbow.

Heck, he could break Chuck Norris, Mr. T., and a suitably unprepared Batman, all with one blow.

But not without majorly angsting about it for brief breaks in between the action.

Also, I cannot believe I slept through last night’s episode. Laid down to rest my eyes and my knees and woke up exactly 3 minutes after the show was over. Somehow, I don’t think I missed much that won’t be covered in next week’s previouslies/this thread/Dave Barry’s blog/ TwoP.

Going on the philosophy that if you mention the same thing enough times it might make its way into memedom, I’d still say that Jack Bauer is the Anti-Batman. Batman is unstoppable when he’s prepared, but has no recourse but to run away when caught flat-footed. Jack Bauer will always prevail when caught in a situation he totally didn’t expect, but all his best laid plans will always fail.

Break window with elbow. Oops, broke elbow instead. No?

I love how jumping through a set of French doors protects you from machine gun bullets.

Walker definitely should have confirmed there was a ceiling assassin and that she ID’d him. That really wouldn’t have given away Jack’s location or intent to question Senator Mayer. And definitely would have helped with the “shoot Jack on sight” order.

And Jack should have called Agent Moss from the dead assassin’s still-warm body and said “I caught the assassin. Yeah, he’s dead, but he left the gun he used to kill Senator Mayer, sorry about that, he’s dead too. No, I can’t come in, I’m not done yet, and you’ll just botch it, but please don’t shoot me on sight.”

That’s bugging me, too. Take out all the people that are trying to shut down their illegal commando company?

Win!

She bears a resemblance.

Well that was the guy’s mistake. He should have been wearing a screwdriver-proof vest.

Played to me more straight up. Yes, she was kinda smug about it, but that’s because she was able to get independent proof that she didn’t do it, so now Ethan looks doubly like an ass. Plus, since she’s out to get him, that just makes his job to discredit her harder.

Matching black footie pajamas - and machine guns.

Looks like Ray Wise continues to be the only RoboCop alum to make it out of Jack’s 24 netherworld alive.

Naturally, the most sincere and coherent argument yet made against torture on the show is from the guy who, unbeknownst to him, has only 30 more seconds to live. Stupid trusting dummy! This is Jack’s world, bitch!

And who in the world ever opens a door for the “police” without looking through the keyhole first?

Through the keyhole?

Jack’s confrontation with Quinn, particularly the bulldozer, was absolutely top-notch 24.

What can you say but “Damn, Jack”?
So far the first daughter plot is nearly Kim-cougar-trap lame and irrelevant, but we’ll see if it goes somewhere.
Shouldn’t the first gentleman be getting out of surgery fairly soon?

As I recall, I exclaimed, “Outf–kingstanding!”

Is that a split infinitive?

He’s still doing that? Got link?

Monday’s show

You, Sir, are a Gentleman and a Scholar.
Thanks!

Technically, that’s called an “infix,” by analogy to prefix and suffix.

Thanks so much. I’ll be digging through the archives.