24: Season 8: Episode 21 (12:00pm - 1:00pm)

Once Jack finds out that Taylor has been in cahoots with Logan, he’s not going to be too happy with Madame Prez either.

Jack really should be able to get more co-conspirators off that phone – not just Logan. I think Jason Pillar had communicated with him directly, and so had the Russian ambassador that Logan keeps meeting with – that’s who gave Logan the assassin’s direct cell number.

This had better not become a “if we can get Jack, we can still suppress the evidence” kind of thing (like end of Season 2). Jack already uploaded a COPY of the video to his buddy – so we know the chip he’s carrying around is not the only copy in existence. And to make the story public? You don’t really need Meredith (although it would give more legitimacy that way) – upload the video to YouTube first.

jack’s killing people on TV. This can’t be a good job reference.

Mr Brown, is that you?

I think the lack of trying was in how blatantly obvious the product placement was. Invent and solve a tech issue within 30 seconds, all so Chloe would have an excuse to use the mobile hot spot with the Sprint logo prominenently displayed.

The torture of Pavlov seemed pretty intense for broadcast TV. Kudos to Jack for getting the sim card out while Pavlov was still upright and while not even really looking at what he was doing.

I thought this episode was fantastic. Jack and Michael Madsen setting up the rendezvous was classic 24, and the scene at the end was so intense. Jack cutting the sim card out of the guy while he was still alive is right up there with the hacksaw incident. Brutal. Also note that for all that 24 is generally thought to glorify torture, the torture did nothing.

Was he still kickin’ when Jack cut it out? I thought he stopped wriggling sometime during the procedure.

Can we hope for even more gratuitous violence when Jack and Logan and Jack and Pillar share the same small space with Jack holding the upper hand?

I for one feel that Gregory Itzin deserves an Emmy for portraying one of the vilest villains in recent TV history. I’ve seen him in other roles (none of them very sympathetic) but he’s always President Logan to me. And you’d think he was cast because of the Nixon vibe, right?

Jack owes him plenty and since the show is on its way out there’s no good reason for Jack not to kill everybody but Chloe.

I had never noticed Madsen’s burn scar before. Is that his or the character’s?

Seems like that’s the kind of thing you’d need to look for, rather than just feel for. Not a problem for Jack. In 24 World, anything the good guys need to do can be done instantaneously.

I was shocked at the restraint in not mentioning the product by name when she took it out. “Don’t worry Arlo, we can use this!” whereas usually for these things it would be “Don’t worry Arlo, we can use the SPRINT(R) WHOSAMAWATZITS™”

Granted, you could see the logo very prominently and blatantly, but usually they unrealistically namecheck it too when they pull this shit.

Wait – if Russian dude was prepared to face torture and death to protect the people he was working for, and he actually got a chance to swallow his phone’s SIM card, why didn’t he chew it up first? :confused:

Take two: why all the drama over a SIM card? Unless I’m mistaken, that just stores subscriber identity information and is necessary to use the phone. It doesn’t store the recent call list – that’s in the phone’s memory, assuming the covert operatives are stupid enough to use phones that actually record such information. But even granting that they were that stupid (this is 24, after all :D), Pavel couldn’t have been under any illusion that swallowing the SIM card would protect the data that was still on the phone.

I’ll remember to chew mine up.

Maye you have to have the card to get the phone to work.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure you do, but the data could certainly be winked out through some means or other. Jack’s buddy seems like he’s pretty well-equipped; I’m sure he could handle it. Or maybe it’s just that Jack wouldn’t trust that kind of job to anybody but Chloe, and since he can’t go back to CTU just at the moment, a little impromptu gastrointestinal surgery is a fair price to pay to avoid any inconvenience. :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t notice. But then, I was busier checking out Eden’s “equipment”… :wink:

I assumed that a) Jack wanted the most expeditious way of getting the info. Without the SIM card, maybe all he’d see in the phone’s memory would be the numbers. With the card, he could – as he did – make the call to see who’s on the other end. And b) Jack saw retrieving the card as a good excuse for some poetic justice torturing.

Personally, I thought that Jack let the guy off way to easy. I would have had Jack be careful to retrieve the card without killing the guy, spray him with more of that acid (or whatever it was), and say, “I’m going to leave you here to slowly die in agony. It should only take a few hours.”

As opposed to the praise for the “actress” playing the current president, I agree with this. I hate, hate, hate the character of Logan, but the actor is great. He’s just smarmy enough without going over the top into melodrama territory. When he puts on his nice face, he’s just soooo convincing; even President goody-two-shoes fell under his persuasion. And then he can switch to commanding in an instant. Excellent acting job.