94th Academy Awards Nominees are out. Let's discuss

Did Will Smith say anything about it at all? I saw he won the prize.

He apologized to the Academy and the other nominees, but not to Chris Rock.

Ha, they stuck it in here cause they forgot it before.

Aired just now.

He more less made it a theme from the start, comparing his role as “protector of the family” in the film to his personality. It was very well done.

And I see as I write this that Makeup, etc. is shown being awarded earlier.

Never thought I’d see the Fresh Prince go blue.

Meanwhile… the return of hosts has been… kind of pointless.

Variety is reporting that several people talked to him during commercial breaks, including his publicist, the Oscars producer, and Denzel Washington. So he definitely got some advice, and apparently took it.

Will mentioned what Denzel apparently said to him in his acceptance speech: “At your highest moment, that’s when the Devil tries to get to you,” or words to that effect.

Wikipedia had Jessica Chastain as Best Actress a full five minutes before she was announced, unless I’m not watching it live somehow?

Why in the world would the producers feel it was necessary to put the broadcast on a delay?

Jessica Chastain has been the heavy favorite for quite a while. Her SAG Award more or less sealed it (the Acting Branch of the Academy has the most voters by far).

The Awards have been “chalk” (favorites winning) tonight. I can’t remember a single upset’

I was wondering about that. Did someone just make an educated guess?

It could have been updated by someone in the theater, or who heard from someone in the theater.

I hope Power of the Dog isn’t about to win. I prefer CODA if forced to pick.

Sure, but as long as I remember, we’ve been told that only the two or three accountants know who won.

It’s top secret until the envelope is opened. Only a couple people know before the presenter. I think someone just guessed.

This is correct.

Chalk again. Power of the Dog was an early favorite, but in the past month CODA emerged as the heavy favorite.

I was saying above that the broadcast is on a delay for reasons that are now obvious.