A Discussion About Whether Shakespeare is Shakespeare without Dismissiveness

No, I referred to this thread. It started with a long group of Sonnets which are difficult to understand if written by Stratford; I wanted help understanding them. But instead I got zero (0) responses related to the Sonnets’ contents.

Here are some excerpts from that thread:

Marley isn’t sure whether the Sonnets, if written by Stratford, are bizarre in content or not; but he is sure that whatever septimus believes must be wrong.

I posted (#38 in that thread) an account of King James’ actions the day Oxford died, mentioned that it had to be considered an interesting mystery despite the lack of any proven connection to the authorship; the only response that post got was to repeat the obvious – that I hadn’t proven any connection to the authorship. :smack:

At about that time I gave up on the thread.

If I see evidence that this thread will be better spirited and objective, I may participate.

Yes, this thread needs a summary of an Oxfordian theory. There are plenty such on the Internet. I’d hope that those debating here would know the basics of a hoax theory. I think I eventually, despite being discouraged, made some effort to synopsize an Oxfordian case in the other thread, but was only ridiculed, rebuked and ignored. In the unlikely event this thread appears like it will be more respectful, I’ll make another effort.

One hope I had in the earlier thread was to fight my own ignorance, so I could judge Oxfordian claims. For example I posed these questions:

None of my questions were ever answered.