A Gracepoint thread for those who haven't seen Broadchurch (No Spoilers)

Gawddamit, looks like our DVR decided to fritz up the final recording of this show. I caught a very small bit where Anna Gunn’s family is checking into a hotel and if that means that the real killer is the same as in Broadchurch, I’m just going to get pissier.

Ha! I like that ending.

Great ending, but kind of a bummer knowing that the show won’t be renewed.

Fwiw, the second series of Broadchurch starts in the UK next month …

Well, that was an interesting spin on things.

Can someone spoilerbox or PM me the key points of the ending? I watched Broadchurch only and am curious.

[SPOILER]Initially it goes pretty much the same as Broadchurch, with the husband confessing his relationship with the boy and to his murder. But then it’s revealed that the son accidentally killed him with a boat oar while trying to protect him from his dad.

Dad decides it’s all his fault anyway and takes the rap. Detective Skylar finds out it was really her son and makes a pact with Dad to keep it a secret.

It all ends on a bit of a cliffhanger as Detective Doctor Who figures out that something’s amiss and starts relentlessly calling Detective Skylar’s phone.[/SPOILER]

The hint I was referring to in last week’s episode was when Ellie Miller said to Susan Wright, “How could you not know? In your own house.” (Referring to Susan Wright’s husband abusing her daughters.)

That actually sounds lamer than if they just did the same ending as Broadchurch.

Well I’m shocked, that came out of nowhere. I enjoyed it, but I always feel that its kind of a cop out to have a killer or mystery revealed that the watcher/reader can’t figure out at all due to missing information. We had no idea about the relationship of the dad to Danny so there was no way to ever piece together the puzzle. It could have been anybody, including Susan’s estranged son. I did notice something was odd when Tom said, during the statement with Carter, something like “I didn’t see anyone else hit Danny”. That was a big clue as to something more was going on, and I’m glad they at least had Carver looking at that near the end