A great pun is it's own reword

There was a very poor man who worked hard all his life. When he finally struck it rich he decided to build a solid gold toilet. After all, he reasoned, it was his throne. After installing it his wife took it for a test drive. Unfortunately, she was a very LARGE lady and promptly got stuck. They pulled and pushed but couldn’t get her off. Finally, he went and got a crow bar. ‘Are you crazy?’ his wife screamed? ‘This is a solid gold toilet, you’ll ruin it’ Well, he replied, ‘Its my potty and I’ll pry if I want to…’

I don’t have a pun to go with it, but just a punny photo I’ve seen quite a bit. Look!

Nice–there was a thread named that here once where someone was looking for tent advice.

And the servers burped one year and lost a summer’s worth of thread – henceforth referred to as “the summer of our missed content”.

Make a sentence with the word “fiddlestick”. If you sleep in a bed that’s too short, your fiddlestick out.

Now that that’s out of the way, I would love it if someone would explain this one to me:

Beautiful Spanish senoritas are a snare Andalusian.

I read that years ago and have never understood it. Explain it as though to a child of five, please?

A snare (trap) and illusion? Maybe.

Got this from somewhere I forgot:

A frog came into a bank to get a loan. The teller, a lady named Patty Black, said the frog needed to leave something as collateral before the loan can be approved. The frog then produced a small statue and said it was an heirloom that’s been in the family forever. Patty looked at the thing and decided to ask her manager if it was ok.

The manager took one look at the object and nodded in approval. He said “It’s a knick-knack, Patty Black. Give the frog a loan!”

In some versions, the amphibian’s name is Kermit Jagger, and “Give the frog a loan” is followed by “His old man’s a Rolling Stone.”

Speaking of famous people, Mahatma Gandhi was quite a frail man. However, his hands and feet were toughened by all the spinning and barefoot walking he did, as well as the time he spent resting on his manual and pedal structures while meditating in a way which allowed him to discern the presence of the Godhead and the oneness of all creation. Unfortunately, he ate a lot of garlic and onions, which caused his breath to be rather unpleasant.

In other words, he was a super-callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious…

Okay, I can buy that, but what’s the original phrase that we’re punning on? Or is that it, and are you destroying my dreams that this is somehow a masterful pun based on some classical literary allusion that I’m just too ignorant to know?

Apparently, “snare and illusion” is a somewhat common phrase, indicating a beguiling falsehood, it seems.

I had no idea.

I always heard it as “snare and delusion”.