A Movie So Bad You Get Up And Walked Out

Disney’s remake of Mighty Joe Young.

Dull as crap, & an insult to a monir classic.

He-Man, Master Of The Universe. I’d like to say I went in by accident, but after 15 minutes, me and my 3 companions marched out, and one of my mates wanted to fight with me, because it was my choice.

Ugh. Same. And I don’t even have the excuse that it was at the cinema; we saw it on video. I can’t imagine what stopped me. Sheer disbelief that it could really be that bad, perhaps?

Funnily enough, one of my very best friends - whose opinion I greatly respect - actually loves this movie. We’ve agreed to disagree.

I walked out of Return of the King.

I wanted to walk out of Event Horizon at a film festival but it was the World Premiere and half the cast and the director, etc. were there giving speeches, etc - it would have felt wrong to walk…
And I wanted to walk out of Star Wars Episode 1 but we both thought the other was enjoying it!

I was utterly bored watching something last year wishing it would finish, but I don’t recall what it was. Usually I find something to keep me interested.

Oh, and years ago a cinema had a short season of midnight anime films and included one live action film - don’t recall the title - which seemed to consist entirely of a group of people fighting their way through a series of white rooms and corridors that all looked the same. I don’t think the enemy ever appeared (there might have been fog/dry ice in all the scenes) and it could as well have been a loop as they repeated their actions endlessly… we stood about an hour of it… I’d guess that was at least 15 years ago, probably more.

Dune: Incredibly pretentious and boring
Charlie’s Angels remake: stupid
The Big Lebowsky: unnecessarily gross
King Kong remake: Too in-your-face politically correct

Two here

High Road to China with Tom Selleck-was very boring.

The Hunt for Red October-I was very very tired and fell asleep within the 1st 20 minutes,woke up and left. I have since seen the movie several times and I like it.

Eyes Wide Shut is the only one I remember walking out of.

My wife has little patience for movies that don’t grab her right away. We’ve walked away from:

• The first LOTR movie (the beginning was just too plodding for her)

• The Thin Red Line (did anything ever happen?)

• The 4th Star Wars movie (too much hype, too little reward)

The Cable Guy is what finally convinced me that Jim Carrey was shit as an actor.

I didn’t actually hate Children of Men, but about a third of the way through, I realized that I just wasn’t into it enough to enjoy it.

I did hate POTC 3 enough to walk the fuck out of the theater and hang out at the local Borders Bookstore long enough to talk myself down from sending threatening emails to whichever moron actually thought himself clever enough to write that piece of shit.

I simply cannot understand the love for the Borat movie at the SDMB. I lasted about 15 minutes and gave up. (OK, OK, I laughed at the Running of the Jew scene, just because it was so over the top, but that was it, and before you pit me, I felt really bad about laughing.).

Wait, you forgot the part where they hunt the lions, but then miss them.

The other annoying thing about this movie is that although it is, as you point out, based on a true incident, they pretty much threw the real story out the window when making the movie. They just made stuff up.

That’s a shame, because the real story is great.

I walked out of The People Under The Stairs
It’s the only one I remember walking out of, but this one, I remember.

You should all read Ebert’s article about walking out on a movie. He just wrote it for his blog. By the way, you should read his original review of Tru Loved first, like he suggests.

Tru Loved “Review”

Don’t Read Me First!

I see a huge number of films every year in the theater, and it takes a really bad film to make me walk out. The only film in recent memory that accomplished that was 2005’s The Producers.

Walked out of a really bad Dyan Cannon/Robert Blake “trucker” film called Coast to Coast. Too stupid for words.

Walked out of The Mummy when I started guessing plot devices about 3 minutes before they appeared. Realized I had seen all of this before in better films and I didn’t want to spend another hour or so reviewing a bunch of bad movie cliches.

Also walked out of Night Watch when I realized:

1. I didn’t care.
  2. The much better Brokeback Mountain was playing one screen over.

Solaris. I was starting to believe that i can wish my own death.

Then Mr George:

Flashed his ass

Wanted to pop my eyes out with a pencil.

I knew I was going to hate Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull of Doom or whatever the fuck it was from the opening shot. But I thought my SO was enjoying it so I stayed. Turned out he was ready to leave from about 10 minutes in… Everyone associated with that film should be banned from the industry as far as I’m concerned…

If you’d stayed for the nude fight scene, you may have a different opinion. :eek: It’s not the type of scene you’ve got any frame of reference for.

However, I can see how Borat isn’t everyone’s cuppa. It’s…different.

I’ve walked out on Geena Davis’ Gloria after 10 minutes, and only lasted through about 20 minutes of the first Matrix, didn’t even bother with the other two.