A Movie So Bad You Get Up And Walked Out

Speaking of bad dirty movies, we walked of Story of O. After an hour of totally unerotic scenes, they were getting ready for the um climatic spanking scene, and we decided we’d keep our sex drives unsullied, thank you.

What was that crapass one where Geena Davis was a pirate queen or some crap. I remember the only redeeming quality of that film was that they had the correct British flag on the ships.

I swear I almost tore my own eyeballs out just so I would never have to take the chance of seeing something that bad again. I didn’t walk out, but it led to the rule betwix the Mrs and I that we have to agree on a movie to see it.

Cutthroat Island.

Juno. The reviews were golden, obviously, and my friend (who normally has great taste in movies) was saying that it was the greatest thing ever, so I finally went to see it. Walked out about forty-five minutes in. I couldn’t handle how… I don’t know pretentious it thought it was.

Then, it came out on DVD, and we watched it as end of the year filler in three seperate classes. Gah.

I’m really really curious about this one. While it’s one of my favorite movies, I can understand how it might not be your style. However, I never thought of it, or really anything in it, as anywhere close to gross. The closest I can think of is the beginning where he gets his head dunked in the toilet. Or maybe the pencil sketch of the penis? Was it the swearing, or the girl saying “suck your cock?” I’m not trying to defend it to you, I’m just completely lost on this comment.

We walked out on Eddie Murphy’s The nutty Professor. I enjoy watching the original and to see it farted upon in such a manner was just to horrible to sit through. Awful. I can’t believe the man has managed to get his fat suit into more movies.

Love, Howard the Duck but I can not watch " Pennies From Heaven".

Yeah, I had the same reaction as you to that comment. Was it when the guy peed on the rug at the beginning? You see neither pee not peen in that scene. The rug-peeing and the head in the toilet are the only remotely gross things I can think of in the movie, and I just watched it again Friday night.

Pineapple Express. At least I now know that on IMDB you can click through and see the profile of ratings by age of the rater.

On the car-park, you heretic… :mad:

It was the filthy language assaulting my ears which quickly made me throw up my hands and say “I don’t need to listen to this.”

I apologize in advance if this is a double post, but my first reply doesn’t seem to have gone through. It was the filthy language. After only a few minutes of having it assault my ears I threw up my hands and said “I don’t need to listen to this.” and left the theatre.

Recently got dragged along to see Ghost Town, with the presence of Greg Kinnear in the movie and the presence of a cute blonde I fancied in the movie-going group, I went along to go watch it.

I’ll admit it, the first 30-45 minutes that I saw was quite funny, and I don’t think less of my friends for watching it. But it’s just the sort of awkward “Joke’s-on-the-protagonist” sort of storytelling that just makes me almost physically uncomfortable. I got up and left when the dentist decided to woo the wife of Greg Kinnear’s ghost. Spent the first 45 minutes after the movie listening to my five friends badger me incessantly about how I should have stayed to finish the movie, how great it was, and how I should go at a later occasion to see the whole thing.

Not a one of them indicated to me that the “awkward humor” aspect of it ever went away, although my room mate, after having lived with me for over a year, continued to try and argue that that was what made the rest of the movie so great.:rolleyes:

Oh, that reminds me of another movie that I walked out, this one because of language: Knocked Up. There’s a scene where Seth Rogan is cursing at some poor gynecologist, screaming “fuck” and “asshole” every fifth word, when I realized that nobody I knew ever talked like this… and why do I care about these crude losers?

I’m sure it was a lovely baby though… not that I stayed around to watch.

Exactly.

Guess you’re not much of a Kevin Smith fan either. :slight_smile:

Still, not sure if I’d call harsh language “gross.” We must have different definitions of that term.

I got up in the middle of Jason X, left the theatre, and had a cigarette. I would’ve left entirely but for the fact that my friends were still in the theatre. (Actually, I never would’ve went, but for the fact that one of those friends offered to pay for me and my other friend to see it. It’s an hour and change that I’ll never get back, but at least I didn’t pay for the privilege.) I think I wrote the movie off when some cyborg woman’s nipple fell off.

I didn’t leave Jurassic Park 2, but I sat in the theatre furious that I couldn’t. (Again, friends.)

Hmm. Now I’m curious to see the movie.

-FrL-

Remembered another one. Bandidas with Penelope Cruz & Selma Hayek. We were expecting a piece of action fluff, not great Art for the Ages or anything, but it was unwatchable. Eject disk button, rummage for something else to watch.

I walked out of that James Bond movie with Timothy Dalton & Grace Jones - “A View to a Kill” I think it was called.

I was on a double date - sort of - and left about 30 minutes into the show to go to the washroom. Then I ran into a girl I knew from school who worked in the theatre and we started yacking and I just never went back in.

(The date was lame, the movie was lame, and I was soooooooooo bored, guess it was rude of me, but the guy did get to fool around with me later, so I figure we came out even :smiley: ).