A Perfectly Reasonable Amount of Schadenfreude about Things Happening to Trump & His Enablers (Part 1)

So Trump could have beaten a Washington/Lincoln ticket, but Biden beat him. By the transitive property, Biden’s looking pretty awesome right now.

So Trump says that he would be better than Washington/Lincoln in an election? Gee, Pierce, Buchanon, and Andrew Johnson might have something to say about that. Especially given that Trump ranks right down there with those losing guys.

I cannot speak for Mr. Washington, but Mr. Lincoln studied law, and the Constitution. Mr. Trump doesn’t even know what the Constitution is. Mr. Lincoln was a lawyer; Mr. Trump is not, and has proven himself to not understand the law. Mr. Lincoln delivered speeches that have resonated to this day (e.g. the Gettysburg Address); Mr. Trump just blathers at his rallies. Fake news, election fraud; yeah, yeah, yeah, we’ve heard it all before. Mr. Lincoln never said any such thing; and moreover, did not need any rallies to bolster his ego.

Mr. Lincoln was presidential. Mr. Trump was not.

No, he didn’t. At least that’s what CFSG believes, and that’s all that matters.

Makes sense. They wouldn’t have wanted anyone to get confused.

You sure about that?

"Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth, upon this continent, a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that “all men are created equal”

vs

“This American carnage stops right here and stops right now.”

Good one!

Oh, dear. Trouble ahead.

Apparently the indictment hasn’t yet been unsealed, so more to come on this story shortly.

Just a bunch of criminals. The lot of them.

It’s about time they arrested Thomas Barrack Hussein Obama!

That they are, which is blindingly obvious to those of us (including yourself) who have been paying attention.

More information on Barrack’s arrest: He is charged with acting as an undisclosed foreign agent on behalf of the UAE, also lying to the FBI during an interview with agents 2 years ago. (I’m typing this as the news is reporting it, so hopefully I’ve got the details right.)

I guess that explains his resignations a few months ago; his company knew the writing was on the wall, and asked him to go spend more time with his family (before the indictment dropped)

California is a free money source for Republicans.

Oh, that’s good news!

At last the distractions are gone and I can have some more of that sweet, sweet schadenfreude.

Seems like the Feds hit a gold mine when they raided Rudy’s office last month:

The AP story says:

Looks like the evidence is hidden in a bunch of tweets that I’m not qualified to read. Can anyone summarize the evidence?

Sleep tight, Donnie!

Assuming that Trump does decide to run for 2024, who in God’s name is going to agree to be his campaign manager or work for him in any capacity whatsoever?

It’s clear that everything Trump touches turns to shit. Even if his campaign people don’t get indicted for major crimes, they are unlikely to be paid. Or will they get enough from grifting the rubes to make it worthwhile? Even if they do get money, it’s pretty clear that eventually they are going under the bus. At some point, pretty much everyone who is not related to Trump goes under the bus.

I think that Trump is really going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel before he’ll find anyone who will work for him on campaign 2024. Is there anyone even nuttier than Giuliani, or more corrupt than Thomas Barrack? Trump will have to look under the barrel for candidates.

And he’ll find plenty. Does anyone believe, for example, that either Matt Gaetz or Marjorie Taylor Greene would turn down the job?

Trump would find hundreds of applicants. Would any of them have any expertise, smarts, or record of accomplishment suitable to the job? No, of course not. But that won’t stop Trump’s people (and the RNC, too!) from putting out press releases declaring the hire to be Wonderful and Important.

(And I think you did answer your own question in your post—those who realize Trump won’t pay them still expect to profit via other means: their own grifts, later book sales and speaking tours, etc.)