A rather sad overlord [DevNull puts forth his political beliefs]

We are, of course, bereft. Inconsolable.

Cool guys do not see shrinks. It knackers the whole cool thing.

Well, he’s no Ollie North.

Who coincidentally also screen tested, but (according to insiders) lost out to James Gandolfini when he insisted on playing the role in full dress uniform and medals. Producers apparently worried it might appear inauthentic for a Jersey mob boss.

I stand VERY corrected. I have learned something today.

– The First Amendment to the United States Constitution protects speech no matter how offensive its content. Speech codes adopted by government-financed state colleges and universities amount to government censorship, in violation of the Constitution. And the ACLU believes that all campuses should adhere to First Amendment principles because academic freedom is a bedrock of education in a free society. –

http://www.aclu.org/studentsrights/expression/12808pub19941231.html

I live in Massachusetts. No dice. Not a biggie in my life, but annoying in precedent. 64% of our citizens outlawed effectively trapping/killing them. Cats do not kill beavers.

Thanks for the link on the footbath issue. It seems to be a safety issue more than anything else. As long as anyone, not just Muslims, can use the footbaths, I don’t think it’s a problem, though I’d have preffered if the money had been raised privately.

Sorry you’re having a pest problem. Beavers? That’s a larger animal than I deal with in the city.

With all due respect (and a nod to my insistence that there are other threads for this sort of stuff…):

Anyone can use the Ten Commandments that hang on the wall if they wish.

There is nothing that contributes more to personal safety than an etched-in-stone reminder that includes “Thou Shalt Not Kill”.

If the Ten Commandments intimidates others then what the hell do you think footbaths do?

Boy Scouts are tossed from public parks even though anyone can use them.

Coyotes are my specific problem. I am a brother-in-disarms to the beaver-plagued Massachusetts residents to our north… and feeling the sting of the lack of freedom, bigtime. Shoot, shovel, shutup does not work in half-acre plot neighborhoods… especially with that Youtube thing we got going on.

Which is why no good citizen sleeps peacefully before obtaining his CCC (Carrying Concealed Commandments) permit, at least in the couple of states yet to be corrupted by the cabal of USA-hating leftists.

Well, as long as you don’t whip it out and shake it at the secular humanists, its ok. Whatever.

:rolleyes: Actually, there are a lot of things that contribute more to personal safety than that. Starting with a police force and a fire department.

Actually, anti-Constitutional =! anti-American. A political system =! a national identity. Maybe in the Soviet Union, but not here. Nation-states have a life and existence independent of their government. France has been through five republics, three kingdoms and two empires since 1789, yet France remains France. America is more like France than like the Soviet Union – an ordinary nation-state, not an idea-state.

Which would be relevant if American leftists/liberals were anti-Constitutional, which we are not. At present, that would be the conservatives.

Personal responsibility is always trumped by the fascist, well-armed, nanny state.

I give you the left, people.

I am not being funny that an ounce of prevention (wise tablets) is worth a pound of cure (fascist police). If it wasn’t for those silly tablets then most humans would all be all killing each other.

I concede on the FD. You are probably right given the nature of fire.

No wait, I want to expound on my own post.

People do not generally kill other people because we are brought up with the personal responsibility of not doing it. The police are there to investigate the murders and VERY rarely stop one.

I still stand corrected on the FD.

I state now that the second greatest factor in personal safety is “Thou shalt not Kill” with the first being the fire department… although it really sounds weak coming from an individualist.

Okay. Done.

You know, I think your talents would be wasted here on the Board, which tends to be rather, well, pedestrian. Citations, proof, stuff like that. A sweeping vision like yours would be cheapened by the dullness of facts. Have you considered talk radio?

Yes, I considered it, but I do not want to spread a message. I want questions answered. Period.

That really pisses leftists off… which would be a bonus in the field of talk radio… but hey… I am who I am.

Why are you so interested in my thread?

Entertainment value.

Piffle.

People have been refraining from killing each other in numerous societies throughout the world, many of which have never encountered the Ten Commandments. (Probably most people prior to the 16th century.)

No wait… once again I want to expound…

Talk radio for me, huh?

I cannot shut anyone off here. I cannot control the responses. I bare my soul more and more with every post and subject myself to ridicule more than what pays off in learned knowledge.

Someday, maybe. I sure as hell have great ratings and quite the impressive following in terms of raw listeners. Y’all may not like my chops but you are here in my thread and that is all that counts for the advertisers…

Researcher: The average internet surfer reads various posts for eighteen minutes a day. The average DevNull fan reads his posts for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.
elucidator: How could this be?
Researcher: Answer most commonly given: “I want to see what he’ll say next.”
elucidator: All right, fine. But what about the people who hate DevNull?
Researcher: Good point. The average DevNull hater reads his posts for two and a half hours a day.
elucidator: But… if they hate him, why do they read his posts?
Researcher: Most common answer: “I want to see what he’ll say next.”

You are in my thread. I am not in your thread.

I do not think you even have a thread. Do you?

Cite? (Please, just name one)

Damn skippy.

I said it before and I will say it again. I am not here with a message. I am here to learn something and you all get some quality entertainment in return.

The system works.

Outside of the Hebrews? Pretty much everybody.