A safe following distance, you inconsiderate ass!

It is snowing. It is snowing very badly. I am going slightly slower or slightly faster than the snowplow in front of me. Yes, the one that covers two lanes.

Crawling up my ass will not help you. The snow is bad. You are sliding sideways. So am I.

When you try to drive on the shoulder and skid sideways into the hill, I will not point and laugh, but I will feel like it.

Just get out of the fucking way and then I won’t have to crowd your sorry green ass.

Rhum Runner, 4x4 Yukon driver by day, killer of cute animals by night, embodiement of evil, always.

Jurph its good to know I am not the only person in the known universe who knows what the fuck you are talking about.

wouldnt it be nice if drivers ed taught kids how to drive instead of teaching them to pass the test?

Really? Toyota Sequoia

Compare with these distances from Car & Driver 7 sedan shoot-out.

Now, I don’t doubt that there are some SUVs out there with bad brakes, but then it appears that there are at least some sedans with brakes that are no better than some SUvs.

So, do you now want to get over your SUV rage? Not only that, but a well maintained SUVs brakes may be quite a bit better than the brakes on a Honda Civic with 200,000 miles that hasn’t been maintained or which has bald tires. Maintaining a safe distance is important, but it is important for all drivers, not just SUV drivers, and your claim that SUVs stopping distance “sucks” is not conclusively supported by the facts. Further, the above numbers are 70-0 stops, not reflective of stop and go or slower moving traffic where I expect the stopping distances of sedans and SUVs would show even less variation.

lemme try a different explanation for this,

durring rush hour traffic usually slows down. from a 65mph average to say 35mph ( I live in seattle, 35 is down right generous most days) now there are 2 ways to drive your car at an average speed of 35mph, the right and easy way of simply driving at 35mph, or the way 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the retards with cars do it, i.e. accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake
yeah I love traffic. and I love all the people out there who spend literally 40 years driving in it and STILL DONT GET IT! thanks you idiots are seriously fucking things up for everyone every day, every year forever.

bah stupid traffic rants. I feel a road rage incident coming on and I’m not even in my damn car.

um, now I feel a rant about stupid no wraparound thingy on message boards and the dumbasses who spend lierally YEARS posting on them and STILL DON’T GET IT!!!
sorry and would some nice mod come and hack that thing to littler bits?

You are so going to hell for that.

I remember a feeling coming over me
The soldier turned, then looked away
I remember hating you for loving me
riding on the metro…

Heehee, that made my DAY. Your OP was great! Exquisite use of snideness and sarcasm.

For the record, learning how to decelerate without my brakes is probably the most useful thing I know about driving. I no longer drive behind someone who slams on their brakes every few seconds in order not to crash into the car in front of them. I will change lanes, even if its to go slower behind someone who is sane.

2001 Ford Ranger XLT. Manual, 4-spd + OD.

I drive around in my little-bitty truck, and really don’t see the deal with the SUV-aspect of the rant. Maybe it’s because I’m not looking at the world of driving with a political eye, but the distribution of abso-fucking-lutely retard drivers I see is proportional to the vehicle population as a whole. The OP has a legitimate beef with moron drivers laying on the brakes while driving in freeway situations (although I would extend that to pretty much any roadway). However, wrapping the rant in SUV laden packaging dillutes your message, as the big car drivers will only hear an attack against them.

Moral high ground? Because you drive a little car and take public transportation? I think not.

Why is it that when I visualize the OP poster, I see ‘The King’ from ‘Shrek’…? Except that not even a Dragon would swallow that ass.