A simple, but eye opening test (Focus of attention and ease of missing big stuff)

Try this one

Loved it! :slight_smile:

Well, if there bicyclists dress to blend in with the background it might be an issue. People tend not to see the chick in a bear suit because she’s dressed in the exact colors that we’re actively trying to filter out. If people dress in black and drive at night without lights we probably won’t see them as they dart through the shadows.

Good job, if you’d hit the bear it would have mauled you!

Actually, you and Shodan are probably mistaken. Variations on this experiment and IRL suggest that *inattenional blindeness *is little effected by visibility.
Submitted for your approval
http://invisiblegorilla.com/

Maybe we aren’t talking about the same thing. When I drive, I am paying attention to the road. In other words, I would probably miss a bill board, even if it had a dancing bear. Because a bill board isn’t likely to affect my driving.

And you can fool people by mis-directing their attention. OK - magicians figured that out a few thousand years ago.

Regards,
Shodan

No, we’re talking about the same thing. Inattentional blidness occurs when your finite ability to pay attention is saturated, even something you *would want and expect to notice *may not cross that threshold.
These examples don’t involve distraction or camoflage and they’re in the center of the field of view