A year (!) at FitDay.

All I have to do to lose weight is eat less and exercise more.

Now to just do it…

Now that I’m through being a smartass…

Thanks for FitDay. I used to do this in a spreadsheet a few years back, but it was a pain. Hopefully, this will work better. I don’t know how much “Custom” will save yet, but I’m using it for items with nutrition labels thus far. I’ve no clue how I’ll figure out how much rice and fish my next sushi lunch has, though.

Before I drive myself crazy, how does FitDay handle items like built-to-order salads. Do I have to guesstimate the amount of each of the ingredients?

Sadly, yes. You just have to eyeball the amounts. I usually estimate 2 cups of lettuce, 1/2 cup of meat or tofu, and 1/4 cup of each of the veggies and 2 Tbsp each for other fixin’s like sunflower seeds or raisins or what have you. YSMV.

If you’re not up to it estimating, try searching for “lettuce salad.” There are a few variations.

The trickiest thing from a calorie-counting point of view is the dressing, because it’s so calorie-dense that a small inaccuracy in measurement adds up to a big error in calories.

Thanks.

Salad dressing is easier. Olive oil and vinegar. From my own cooking experience, I can eyeball how much “EVOO” they are throwing in, usually 1 - 1.5 tablespoons.

Sounds interesting… but I imagine it doesn’t include any of my favourite foods.

I mean, yeah, pasta is pasta is pasta, but trout a la navarra (with co-fried Spanish ham and tomato sauce) is not the same as steamed trout - and I refuse to measure my tomato sauce :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been doing it since this thread opened, and what I’ve learned is that I eat okay but need to be more active. (Which is kinda what I knew before.) The nutritional requirements thing is very interesting, though.