Actors to musicians

That would only apply to Micky Dolenz and Davy Jones. Mike Nesmith was already a talented musician, and Peter Tork was pretty much a Renaissance man when it came to playing instruments.

Isn’t she a case of musician to actor, not the other way around?

Shaun Cassidy (brother of Partridge, David) and best known for starring on the TV series “The Hardy Boys” way back when, had a hit single with a cover version of “Da Doo Ron Ron.”

Both leading men from The Dukes of Hazard John Schneider and Tom Wopat released country albums and both did alright with them.

While Don Johnson has been mentioned, let’s not forget Philip Michael Thomas Crockett’s partner, Tubbs. He released an album (I think it was R&B gospel) called “The Muic on My Mind” back in the 80s.

Already mentioned was Bruce Willis, but to further the info: Back in the 80s (possibly early 90s) he released an album with a title like “The Return of Bruno” or “Bruno Returns” – I can’t remember. “Bruno” was apparently sort of an alter ego from back in the days when he tended bar and also made a living singing.

Tina Yothers (the younger daughter on Family Ties) is the lead singer of a rock band called “Jaded.”

Corey Feldman and his band have released an album and perform regulalry.

Malcolm-Jamal Warner (Theo Huxtable from the Cosby Show) performs with a funk-jazz band called Miles Long.

Geez, there’s gotta be even more. A lot of actors who started out on stage have extensive musical backgrounds and many of them venture off into new projects when they are no longer onscreen.

Danielle Brisebois, who played Archie Bunker’s niece Stephanie, has had an on-and-off, moderately successful and well-reviewed musical career. She has released two albums on her own, had a song on the soundtrack of As Good As It Gets, and played keyboards and sang backing vocals for the New Radicals, who had a hit with “You Get What You Give.”

And she ain’t too bad lookin’ these days, either.

Micky was in a band called, “Micky and the One Nighters” before he was a Monkee. Davey earned a Tony nomination for his part in “Oliver” when he was 15 years old.

So, technically, they all had a music background before The Monkees. :slight_smile:

Tim Russ (Tuvok on Voyager) and Doug Flutie have bands. They competed against Howard Stern’s band and lost. So did Tina Yothers. And didn’t Justine Bateman sing in a band at one time? Maybe it was just one song?

Don’t forget about Gary Sinese, he plays a mean bass:

http://www.kimotion.org/photos/kimotion_perf2001/01_gary5.gif

whoops Gary Sinise I mean, you get the idea…