Adventures in Wal-Mart -OR- I can't believe people are so stupid/crooked!!! semi-long

I toiled for many unpleasant years at that store that sounds like “Ears”. I worked in lady’s clothing and people would scam us all the time. The most disgusting one was what I called the “Free Bra Club”. It involved first actually buying a boxed bra. Go home, keep the nice new bra. But one of your old ones in the box and return it. Try to pick a young and/or busy clerk. If she by chance checks the bra, deny that it was used. Even if it is all stretched out and yellow under the arms. Scream and yell. Say you bought it that way. If you settle for an exchange, you can repeat this endlessly. The store would always give in and do the returns for these screaming lowlifes. We knew what the end results would ultimately be, but we would usually see how much of their time we could waste. I could never seem to find a manager for these people.

It’s unfortunate that there are people in this world who believe that their worth is somehow tied to money. I can’t imagine the cost in self-esteem of saving yourself the price of a drill or a bra or a television by fraud. And as sad as that is, how much worse is it to involve your children? Teach your children to be dishonest and grasping, to take advantage of someone else – for the cost of MacDonald’s french fries?

They think they have gotten away with something. Maybe they have, but what they had to trade for it is worth far more.

“Just pulled the stats on WalMart (WMT) and it doesn’t look as though there stock has done too
poorly over the last 5 years.”

Im sure it would do better if people didn’t rip them off.