Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D S02E03: Making Friends And Influencing People (open spoilers)

Uh-oh. If that’s the secret we have a potential anti-Banner on our hands. The angrier he gets, the more coherent.

Yeah, I noticed that.

History’s greatest villain!

FITZ IS SMARTEST ONE THERE IS!!!l!

I have to admit, it kind of annoys me that HYDRA needs to engage in brainwashing techniques. Isn’t that likely to mute or destroy the talents/initiative/imaginations of the people they’re trying to recruit? I think it’d be more interesting and morally ambiguous if HYDRA didn’t have to be quite so comic-bookish evil, if they had lots of people working for them purely voluntarily for the benefits and paychecks (and with generous enough compensation, I can’t imagine they’d need to force people to work for them), while perhaps there’s an inner cadre of hardcore cultish true believers who are setting corporate policy toward, y’know… evil, while the paycheck-chasers are there for the banality.

Heck, this Agent 33 woman gets mind-zapped and at the end of the episode she’s delivering memos. I sure hope HYDRA didn’t go to all the trouble just for an easy-on-the-eyes gofer.

FITZ MATHS!

heh

Heh, I think it was just that the speech wouldn’t have been as effective if it had been broken up. Having spent time with someone who had a serious stutter, I was amazed when sometimes he’s speak just fine for a while. Sometimes he was less coherent when emotionally stressed, sometimes more.

Yeah, I was also kind of thinking that, that from a storytelling perspective a smoother speech would have more impact.

Chuckle.

Solid episode. Loved Fitz/Ward. Loved Simmons/Coulson. Loved Fitz/Coulson. Very cute that they remembered Simmons’ last disastrous attempt at undercover work and lampshaded it. Mack is growing on me, though Hunter isn’t really.

Something amazing has happened, however… I realized after watching that I don’t roll my eyes at Skye anymore. Somehow, I’ve come to accept her as a competent part of the team, and not just the tag-along “kid sister.” Who knew? Nicely done, show.