Al-Qaeda Hit List --Mrs. Jay Leno??

Hi Everyone!

Have any fellow Dopers heard anything about Al-Qaeda wanting to kill Mavis Leno (Mrs. Jay Leno)?

Not a debate.
Not a rant.
Not really much of a poll.
Sort of mundane.

Off to MPSIMS.

[ /Modding ]

I know she was active in bringing attention to the atrocious condition of women in the Taliban’s Afghanistan. I don’t know if Al-Qaeda had an official “hit-list” though.

She’s openly for education, healthcare and basic equality for females, so I don’t doubt they aren’t especially fond of her. She may well be on the list of Especially Evil Infidels simply on principle.

I am not aware of any reason she would suddenly move to Al Queda’s short list, but I haven’t been paying attention lately. Where did you hear whatever brought this up?

Larry Borgia is right. In fact, it was in an article about Mavis Leno’s activism for women under the Taliban that I learned about, well, women under the Taliban.

If you register at Al-Qaedamsn.com you can opt to receive the free From Osama’s Desk email. Each week it has updates such as:

The Al-Qaeda official “hit-list”.

This week’s death and destruction highlights.

Why the infidel should die screaming while they burn.

Suicide bomber bloopers.

Update on how are plants are performing in the primaries.

Why we haven’t agreed to the studios demands to resolve the strike.

And, of course, the weekly refresher course on what to say when people ask, “Why do you hate America?”

All that, plus a free trip to the “do not fly” list and - for the next two hundred callers only - we throw in free monitoring of all your phone conversations!
Mavis Leno was the “celebrity” voice of activism for Taliban awareness. I haven’t kept up with her current activities but global feminism is a big deal for her. It wouldn’t surprise me at all to hear that she has angered certain conservative sectors of Islam.