Alfred Hitchcock recommendations

Wasn’t **Vertigo **the movie that Bruce Willis was watching in 12 Monkeys when he says something like, “I’ve seen this movie before but it wasn’t like this. But the movie didn’t change, I did.”

That was so movingly profound to me. Your post reminded of that moment.

I’m still trying to comprehend the very existence of 13 year old girls who A) know who Alfred Hitchcock even IS, B) want to watch one of his movies, and C) it isn’t The Birds or Psycho. Curious as to how the evening turned out!

I confess to a suspicion that these young and innocent girls were spellbound by the notorious murder in Rope, went into frenzy over Sabotage, but without a shadow of a doubt the evening went totally downhill from there.

As I dimly remember from our own sleepovers, whatever movie was picked was mere background for yakking, squealing, eating, squabbling, and fingernail painting. Cartoon network was usually switched on after a while.

If they would have just taken 39 steps and looked out the rear window through the torn curtain, they would have been able to catch a thief and keep the wrong man from being accused of stealing the lifeboat from Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Stranger

Man, what a Psycho!

I’m actually more of a saboteur.

Saboteur

Somehow, that isn’t what I was expecting you to say.

I favor the Patricia Highsmith novel, not the Hitchcock adaptation.

Stranger

I would have suggested a few episodes from Alfred Hitchcock Presents or The Alfred Hitchcock Hour:

1. The Jar”, an adaptation of the creepy Ray Bradbury story.
  2. “The Cadaver”, with Michael Parks as a medical student who wakes to find a dead woman in his bed.
  3. “Man from the South”, with Steve McQueen and Peter Lorre.

Hey parsnip, we’re all wondering how things went and what was shown. I am, anyway.

Thanks for all the recommendations. We ended up with North By Northwest, which isn’t gory, but they loved it.