All but one of Roald Dahl's works of fiction to be removed from history. Which one?

How would removing Twilight or its fan fiction reduce the level of joy and beauty in the world?

ETA: Also, why do you use the adjective “bad” to modify the nounal phrase “Twilight fan fiction”? It’s as redundant as “female lesbian” or “murderous killing spree.”

I guess that was superflouiusly redundant. Still losing Dahl books would leave me with a melancholy sadness.

Not so. Murder is specifically unlawful killing. So if you go on a spree of folks who needed killin’, it’s not murderous.

Umm, ISTM that if it’s done IAW lawful procedures, it’s difficult to characterize it as a “spree,” per se.

:: returns from Universal Archives with bound manuscript ::

I have just checked & rechecked the records, and as it turns out, every single killing spree in history has been murderous. Thus, while you may have logic on your side, I have statistics.

Now if you will excuse me, I happened to find the last copy anywhere of the unpublished Philip Marlowe novel Raymond Chandler work after he rediscovered his muse. It’s just as wonderful as you think it is, so naturally I’m not sharing it with you hosers.

:: pulls out cigarette lighter, snickers ::

I guess I have to read Matilda!

I just had something like happen, actually. One of my coworkers was talking to another coworker about some TV show* or other, and she mentioned in passing that it was based on a series of books -

and the other coworker cut her off firmly but loudly. “I DON’T READ.”

:confused:

At all? Ever? Not even a magazine article?
*True Blood

Um…I love you and all, dearest, but surely you don’t think that’s uncommon. I mean, I don’t have the patience for most movies and thus prefer books, but I’m the reverse of most.

…and whizpoppers on bottom?
But yeah, that’s my favorite. I’ve only read all the children’s books and Boy. I think I’ll have to find these short stories everyone is mentioning. I love short stories.

Here are two you should read:

Lamb to the Slaughter

Man From the South

That’ll be a dollar.

I seriously came in to say the exact same thing.

I am sad to lose the poems, but I want to keep The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar and Six More. I have loved this collection since I first read it when I was ten. They are amazing stories. Keep them. Toss the rest.

The Witches. I love love love this book. It is so original and twisted and warped, but in a still kid-appropriate way. It was also one of the first books I read that has a “happy” ending, but everything isn’t re-set back to perfectly happy and normal at the end. Shit happens, and bad guys get their comeuppance, but there are permanent consequences even for the good guys - kind of blew my little mind.
My runner-up would The Twits. Kids always love a book with gross-out humor.