All right, cats, that's it. You're getting Depends.

A urinary infection can causes cats to piss & shit in odd places.

My 18 year old neutered male, Clapton, is having “messy problems” these days, & I will take him to the vet Monday or Tuesday.

I’m assuming you’re referring to my situation. Yes, they’ve met him. Funnily enough, he didn’t like cats at all before he met them. But after staying with me for five weeks this summer, he realized that it was a veritable family, with a hierarchic system.

Savannah is the alpha-male (long story about the girl’s name). Savannah is the pisser. Example: Everyone (cats) is allowed on my bed during the day, but when he sees that I’ve changed into my jammies and I’m crawling into bed, he pulls some King Of The Mountain move on them and chases them off the bed. Then he sleeps on the other side of the bed, with his head on the pillow and body under the covers, like he’s my husband. He seriously does think he’s my boyfriend, therefore any many who dare enter the home better offer him W-E-T F-O-O-D upon arrival (we have to spell it because he understands the word).

About the catnip, my cats just don’t go for it. They don’t go for anything I’ve brought home. They’d rather play with the wrapper. Great idea a few posts before about “Hi, My name is Muffin and this is my first plane ride.”

Believe it or not, I’ve tried to think of some way to have a recorded message with my voice in their cages saying something like, “It’s ok honey. Don’t worry. Mommy loves you. We’re almost there.” (Ok, I admit, that’s a bit over the top). I guarantee that I’d do it if I could think of a way that wouldn’t have a tape recorder banging them in the head if we hit turbulence.

Not sure what else I can do. Money is no object for this. I would do anything to have them all in the cabin with me … Well yeah, ok, at that point, money IS an object! LOL Poor sweeties. And thirty days being without me… I don’t know who it will be harder on, them or me. I hope they recognize the family dynamics and each other once we’re all together again.

I must say, we’ve always lived in apartments. We’ll be moving into a really cool loft that’s three storeys high. Open staircases everywhere. I kept thinking, “Oh man the cats are gonna go mental in here!” I have to keep those happy thoughts in mind while I’m going through the sucky stuff. And pray for the best, I guess.

Oh yes. It made meals an awful experience, let me tell you. Pungent doesn’t begin to describe it.

Did you lose a kitty? We buried Schmoo last spring. She was 16.