Alternate Endings of Movies that aren't Big

Oops—my apologies. I’ll stop now.

Well, now I sound like a junior mod. I was only joking around. Mostly. I was hoping another poor soul came barreling into the thread claiming an alternate ending.

Hey, we have cake days. Like Reddit.

But it would make a good new topic, true.

I don’t know precisely how the Chinese government handles stuff like that - I suspect it varies a lot depending on the film, and at what point in the distribution network the edit is made. State censors don’t usually care much about maintaining story cohesion, and will cheerfully hack out or redub a “problematic” section even if it renders the rest of the film incomprehensible. An example moving in the other direction, when the anime series Sailor Moon was brought to American television, two characters who in the original are in a same-sex relationship were edited and redubbed to be cousins.

Come to think of it, there’s probably plenty of similar examples of edits to American films for American television. I can pretty easily imagine Deathtrap being shown on TV in the '80s with the Reeves/Cain kiss removed, and to hell with what it does to the plot. If nothing else, without knowing the original scene, I supposed a viewer could be confused by what’s upsetting all those horses in the campfire scene in Blazing Saddles, or why Bruce Willis calls Alan Rickman “Mr. Falcon” at the end of Die Hard.

But if this tangential discussion were moved to a separate thread, we would still all remember it as the ending to this thread.

Does anybody remember the alternate ending of Boy Howdy?

Unfortunately, their calculations are wrong and they end up on the set of Big. And the head time traveler’s daughter looks like a young Elizabeth Perkins…

Boy Howdy!

Yep. Then Bart lowered a sign that read “Need more air? Deposit 5 cents”.

I remember it clearly, because it was the last scene of Big.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Anyone else remember the alternate ending to “Big”?

No, that’s the alternate ending to Terminator. Arnold Schwarzenegger is sent back in time to kill Penny Marshall.

Folks, just wanted to say hi from another timeline. The oddest thing by far that people here have noticed is that we all know that this thread ended with Post #994, where Darren claims the director for the additional ending scene was Stanley Kubrick. We all know it was Cindy Williams, but it was a very clever reference to the “faked moon landing” conspiracy.

(Oh, we did land on the moon in this timeline, too. Shame that the IHOP there got demolished by space debris, but no real loss, it was another stupid Bezos idea…)

I remember no kiss in the film between actors of those names. Is this perhaps some new Mandela effect you’re experiencing here? “Reeves” is to “Reeve” as “Berenstein” is to “Berenstain”? :wink:

We’re talking about the Deathtrap that starred Keanu Reeves and Dean Cain, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

My high school put on Deathtrap - it’s about two playwrights who work together for no clearly explained reason, right?

This is an alternate beginning that I did not expect.

Nobody has yet presented any convincing evidence that this thread exists.

Now you’ve gone and done it. You’ve created The Multi-Thread of Madness.

As the creator of this thread, I assure you, it is real. I have now pulled the “Big” event off in life. I was but a young man when I started it. I am now 43 years old.

Are you sure? I cite this in support of the “different movie” hypothesis.