Alternate Endings of Movies that aren't Big

What color is the boathouse at Hereford?

Who was the first man to land on the moon?

What color do you want it to be?

No one, of course

How does the movie “Big” end?

Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purley coincidental.
Copyright 1988 20th Century Fox

JOSH BASKIN WILL RETURN IN
BIG 2: A LITTLE BIGGER

Cal Meacham is apparently in a different timeline from ours and the endless Alternate Ending to Big thread is the nexus between the different timelines. Poetically appropriate.

Ah, that must be why he thinks Andy Warhol’s Frankenstein is a bad movie, instead of the classic of cinema it is.

I do feel a little bad for the people in his timeline, what with that whole “Val Kilmer never stopped being Batman” series of movies that show up everywhere (on TV, and streaming, and in theater revivals every time a new one comes out… which is at least twice a year).

At least they are spared from George Clooney as Batman.

Bat Nipples. (shudder)

In the proposed alternate ending for "“Castaway” Tom Hanks does meet the lady with the mysterious package he delivered. She exclaims, “Oh, this was for Roger - I forgot”. It contained a GPS receiver and a satellite phone.

Even worse, in that timeline, Kilmer never played Doc Holiday.

You mean this one?

I doubt that was ever proposed. It was just a joke, mostly by people that didn’t understand why it was so important for Chuck to keep one package and deliver it.

Now the actual ending, where he stands at a literal crossroads contemplating his future? That’s cringe-worthy.

That’s it!!

I think it was Roger Ebert who pointed out that if the entire movie’s worth of clues supported three different conclusions that the premise was worthless.

Sometimes, not often, I think Ebert forgot what movie he was watching.

Clue wasn’t a mystery movie. It was a comedy based on a board game. As a mystery, it doesn’t have to be air tight. The game sure wasn’t.

Yes, that’s one thing I’d change if I was to make a new Clue movie. Make sure the ending was definitive, and work-out-able, like most other murder mysteries are supposed to. Not that many do these days, they tend to be very tortuously obscure motives and hide crucial clues until the very end.

I’d also change their names to actual ones from the game, not use them as pseudonyms, but that’s not as annoying as the “murderer could’ve been anyone” endings.

Agreed

I remember watching the movie on video with my younger cousins (all three endings). They didn’t understand the “red herring” joke, and it infuriated them to hear it in all three endings.

There are indications that an alternate version of (ugh) “Mac and Me” implies that a character dies from a police gunshot, rather than being severely injured by a fire.