Amazing Race Season 32

Yes. The Football guys seem to have gotten it right from the start. They were also the first team to arrive at the task so they didn’t have anyone to copy upon arrival so they clearly had to read the clue carefully as there is no other indication of what to do.

There are multiple teams of annoying sisters. Please be more specific.

I think this is it.

Remember in the first episode, teams were given a wooden fish with a four-digit number on it. They had to find a wooden fish with a matching color pattern and use the four-digit number as a combination to unlock a padlock.

The parents — Hung and ?? — didn’t even notice the color pattern. They just started trying their combination on one lock after another. Another team — the Olympians, I think, but I could be remembering wrong — found the matching fish and then asked, “How do we open this padlock?”

It’s not that the people on this show are especially stupid. It’s that stress and panic scramble your brain.

I think this last episode set a record for most use of the “you screwed up” noise.

And apparently Amazon tribesmen aren’t big on hugging.

I really wish people would stop indiscriminately wanting to hug on the Race.

Still liking Gary and DeAngelo and their roof or wall argument.

Annoyed with the use of the U-turn.
There’s no reason for a team in first place. And if you do use a u-turn, you don’t do it on a team that is doing one of the detours when there are teams that haven’t even shown up to the detour location.
That’s just bad playing and stupid strategy. And any team that claims to be superfans should know better.

They also have the strategy of allying themselves with great teams that could easily beat them in the end.

Seems like the best strategy is to u-turn the strongest team that is behind you.

Also, I can’t understand all the drama around the u-turn, and why it seems like an absolute betrayal of teams that you didn’t even know 3 days ago.

The best strategy is to U-Turn someone who will end up losing the leg because of the U-Turn. There were multiple teams behind Leo and Alanna AND it was a double U-Turn, so it was unlikely for them to get knocked out. All they did was get a team pissed off at them.

I kinda hate the U-Turn because all it usually does it guarantee that the team already in last place will stay in last place.

I agree.

Kind of a random question, but do the teams that get eliminated each week have a blog or video or something that explains what happened to them in more detail, or anything like that? I tried searching but couldn’t really locate anything.

Some of the previous teams have YouTube shows, I can’t remember names. I usually listen to Rob Has A Podcast.

Yep. Even if the other team hadn’t “helped out” Leo & Alanna*, Leo & Alanna themselves could have used the double U-turn on one of the teams behind them. They would have had to do catastrophically bad at one of the detours to be knocked out. (And if they’re a strong enough team to think about sabotaging them, you shouldn’t count on them being catastrophically bad.)

They’ve basically pissed off a team and anyone that team is friends with.

I’m all for strategic use of the U-turn. This was just the opposite.

*a move that also didn’t make any sense.

I think if you’ve been U-turned you can’t U-Turn anyone else until you complete both tasks.

No, they can definitely try to use the U-Turn before they go back to do the other task. It happened most recently in Season 26 episode 1 (all of TAR up to season 29 are on Amazon Prime BTW), when Mike & Rochelle U-Turned Jeff & Lydia, after they were the last 2 teams at a dancing task. Jeff & Lydia U-Turned someone else before they went back to do the second task. Uselessly, as it turns out, because they were in last place already anyway, so there was no one behind them to U-Turn. But they didn’t know that.

I agree that the U-turned will often use the second U-turn. The only manufactured drama at that point is whether or not they have sufficient information to know who is behind them on the U-turn. On detours where the tasks are geographically far apart, teams will often have to guess at who is behind them.

Then there is the strategy of two teams attempting to screw a third by intentionally wasting one U-turn on a team that has already passed the U-turn. This is best exemplified when the second U-turn attempts to U-turn the team that used the first U-turn – a big F-U in picture format.

I wonder if that is what Will and … (can I call them Will and Grace? I’m a homosexual so I can call them Will and Grace right? No, I definitely should not call them Will and Grace.) James were thinking, that an ‘alliance’-mate would throw down on the second U-turn to screw the intended target. Obviously didn’t happen, but I wonder if that was their thinking; that would at least be semi-not-stupid.

Anybody watch? An obvious non-elimation leg with the second half which was supposed to air right after moved to next week.

I can’t figure out DeAngelo and Gary yet. DeAngelo burned through the cello building task which required finesse and technique, but then they fell all the way behind by trying to brute force the watermelon stacking.

So far, there’s no one I really hate, which is rare for The Amazing Race.

I was wondering what was going on there. My DVR recorded two episodes of “TAR” but the second one was actually “SWAT”.

I did like how the directions told them to go to the “Orquesta de Reciclados”. Most of them figured out orquesta was orchestra, so they assumed they were going to a performance hall in the city instead of a garbage dump. The 2 sisters worried about being raped & murdered because there were poor people around was pretty offensive though.