Amazon quietly banning books

This is a leftist view. All the groups campaigning about it in the UK are left-wing.

Oh shit y’all. Oh shiiiiiit. This is another thread about poor transphobic voices being deplatformed! From a blog called “The Truth Fairy” whose every single post is promulgating transphobia!

I feel like this thread just got an M. Night Shyamalan level twist.

I won’t dignify that absurd claim with a response. Rather, I’ll modify what I said: “The dearth of threads you’ve started about censorship of view that aren’t straight up transphobic views” demonstrates where your focus really is. You’ve started getting smarter and hiding the fact that the views in question are transphobic views, that your focus is really on ensuring that transphobic views have as wide a circulation as possible; but that remains your focus.

I can’t really see how the responses here will be different from any of the other threads where you bring up this general topic.

Amazon is a business. It has a right to choose what it does or does not sell. In no way does refusing to do so “ban” anything, any more than any other store that refuses to sell something is banning things. No store can have an obligation to sell something simply because you want to buy it. No book seller is entitled to a particular marketplace.

Amazon is a business. It cares primarily about making money. If it has decided that it is more profitable to not be seen as an organization that sells certain things than to actually sell those things, that’s a pretty good indication that society in general has rejected those things. It takes a huge majority for that to be the case.

Like it or not, certain ideas are losing the culture wars. They’re losing value on the market place of ideas. People are choosing to not keep on speaking them. Society is changing. Ideas you like are not going to be artificially propped up, but will be allowed to die out like other rejected ideas.

This is what it looks like when society has decided something.