American Idol Feb. 18: Quarterfinal 3

This is true. The show does attract a very young audience, and I can see how many of them might share those sentiments. I forget sometimes that I’m looking at this show with the eyes of an adult. :slight_smile:

What was up with Simon? He told Jordan to do a couple of cartwheels on his way off stage. Was he being a dick (as usual) or was he confused? I thought Louis Gazzra was the cheerleader. Do you suppose he got them mixed up?

I must be an easy mark, because the “Hercules! Hercules!” still just cracks me the hell up. Did in the movie too. Jeez, it really is easy to make me laugh. I will say that Rickey’s pantomiming the song is horrible – it’s something I do to make my son or boyfriend laugh, so to see someone doing it seriously is supremely hilarious.

Also funny – Vanessa’s imitation of that poor, poor “Like A Virgin” kid. Evil, but funny. And the pianist draped across the top of his piano with legs in the air like a Ann-Margret on the phone…what was that all about?

I must’ve missed the guy who did the “Like a Virgin” song. Vanessa singing it meant nothing to me, but I did think it was funny. Who was Keith? Apparently, that’s the guy she was mimicking. Was he really that bad?

Keith was the guy that Simon called the worst singer in the world. And yes…he really was that bad. Imagine Vanessa’s imitation (it was dead-on vocally and, uh, gyrationally) in the body of a 17-year-old slightly heavy boy with floppy curly hair. Not good. Not good at all.

Vanessa did not QUITE capture the sheer creepiness of Keith’s audition. It’s not possible to be that bad on purpose. You have to be born with it.

Anyway, the results are in:

Vanessa Olivarez and Rickey Smith advanced, as your friend RickJay predicted.

Simon must be FREAKING OUT (or whatever they do in England when things do NOT turn out the way you want 'em!) Hee hee! The top 10 are turning out to be weirdos and freaks and fatties. No one’s got the “image” he’s looking for. Julia Demato’s probably the closest, but she ain’t that close. Hee hee!

I’m rubbing my weird freaky fat little hands together in glee.

HEEEEE!! I got them all right this time!

I guess because everyone else ranged from "UUUGH! WRETCHED! to well, just “good”.

I was thinking the same thing! It was so distracting. I can’t even remember how he sounded because I was fascinated by the gut-grabbing and squatting.

Given that Simon obviously loves Ruben Studdard, I don’t see how this is true. He’s reserved his best compliments for the people who have advanced - fat and all - EXCEPT for Julia Demato, who he correctly assessed as being mediocre.

Did anyone watch the “Best of the Worst” show last night? Simon declared that he gave the same advice (lose it!) to both male AND female hopefuls, but I haven’t heard him say word one to Ruben about his weight.

That’s because Ruben would kick his ass… he’s a scary man, man ;).