America's scummiest mayor?

No worries :slight_smile:

Frank Hague, the 30-year mayor of Jersey City, N.J., Frank Hague - Wikipedia, and James Curley of Boston, Mass., James Michael Curley - Wikipedia, were real pieces of work (and Curley was the inspiration for the political novel The Last Hurrah).

Yes.

And I can’t shake that connection. Probably unfair to Ms. Dixon, but I believe that The Wire was not exaggerating much, if at all.

Birmingham, Alabama’s (thankfully ex-) mayor, Larry Langford, has to be in the hunt.

Convicted on 60 counts.

All good candidates, but in my opinion nothing beats Philip Giordano, the ex-mayor of Waterbury, CT.

From Wikipedia:

That’s scummy.

Boston mayor Thomas Menino is embroiled in anew scandal-one of his party hacks is under indictment (for selling drugs in City Hall). Menino was just reelected to a fifth term.
Corruption continues!

Jerry Springer, for the win, Alex.

Jerry not only did several highly questionable things, he eventually lost his office over cavorting with prostitutes.

How’d they catch him? It seems he was paying by cheque. That’s right, frequenting prostitutes, while mayor, and paying by cheque.

(I don’t even want to think about what kind of prostitute takes a cheque!)

I can’t resist, I must share with you the sordid story of former Oswego, NY mayor John Gosek. It involves cash given to a crack whore in exchange for her arranging to place two 15 year old girls at a motel for his honor to bang. Only there were no girls, just a setup, a sting.blog.syracuse.com/indepth/2009/05/the_woman_who_brought_down_osw.html We’re rather proud of the ex-mayor in a perverse way, for running with the big dogs! (in prior years, Mayor Lee Alexander of Syracuse, NY went to jail for for financial shenanigans, but that wasn’t so much scummy as business as usual until caught.)

They knew he’d be good for it. He was the MAYOR, after all.

And lest we forget: Mayor Quimby - Wikipedia