Amurca: 2004

Do Fundamentalist Christians really sell anal chastity belts? :dubious:

I swear to you that I 1: have never heard of such a thing and 2: have no doubt they exist.

Also, concerning the OP:

right-wingers are evil and dum lol

Yes, naturally they exist. I don’t know that it’s fundies who buy them, though . . .

I don’t think that they exist ‘naturally’, unless you count octopi with long arms, that you could sort of tie around yourself…

LOL , that just made me smile

Declan

Presidebt…

A slam poet checking in. Don’t let the english nazis worry you, you don’t have to rhyme, you don’t need meter, and your poem is as mediocre as you think it is.

You’ve got some work to do on your metaphor, and if you’re looking for wider appeal, be less specific. Actually saying “military-industrial complex” makes you sound too much like a leftist wonk, and too little like a poet.

If that’s what you’re after, then cool, but it turns your poetry to the opposite of that which you’re railing against. The NASCAR dads you’re after in verse are who you’ve become in verse by being just as extreme as they, dig?

All in all, keep trying. Your head is in the right place for free (or slam, if you prefer) poetry, even if your pen isn’t. :wink:

Thanks** buttonjockey308**, for the feedback. I’ve not written much in the slam catagory, and EvilGhandi is right–I wrote it on the fly. I did not mean to imply, as Muad’Dib suggests, that right wingers are dumb and evil, just that certain types are, namely the religious base that opposes full rights for homosexuality and that is used as a smokescreen to obscure urgent issues, as well as the screeching swifties and those vets who think that speaking out against vietnam was treasonous. I don’t see how anyone could get an indictment of all right wingers from this, but if that’s how some see it, I apologize. Anyway, this was, as I stated before, just some venting. I’m surprised it’s gotten as much commentary as it has.