An abortion of an election

DSYoungEsq Why do you hang out with us peasants anyway? I can’t really tell what you mean. Who exactly is being unintelligent? Being slightly paranoid, I imagine you could mean me. I have added to things to this thread, a question about what soccer moms are, and support for a strong Reform Party as a way of creating a multiparty system. You addressed neither of my points.

The less paranoid view is that you mean someone else, but as usual I can’t tell who you’re criticizing. A sigh is more or less a criticism of the entire universe. Could you be a little more specific? Most people on this thread want to have an intelligent debate on politics, and no, most of us aren’t skilled in legal research. There is a specific profession of people to do that; the rest of us are allowed to vote anyway.

techchick68 I got confused about your list. You seemed to support abortion rights and welfare reform, then there was a list of what I thought were user fees you supported, then you wrote, “These charges are all bunk!” I thought “bunk” was a bad thing. Don’t libertarians usually support user fees?

Not that you asked, but to me you sound more like a “new Democrat” than a radical independent. You know, someone who might support a President who is arguably

On the whole, I agree with you that scandals shouldn’t be considered more important than children in poverty, but I don’t know if there is any point in seeking a candidate who speaks for all. It’s more important for leaders to speak to the people than for them to speak for the people. Just my two bits.

Of course intelligent debate is impossible, DSYoung, when people will neither outline their own views in a thoughtful manner, nor will they offer constructive criticism, nor will they even bother to state what they find objectionable and/or – frivolous, shall we say? after all, this isn’t the Pit – in other peoples’ views.
You have to make a statement, not a sigh, to have a debate.