Ana got adopted today

Thanks guys.

Clara is a real sweetie, and she was just what Ana needed at the time. But Ana was just what Clara needed too. Clara has 3 brothers and she’s always desperate for female companionship.

Clara helped Ana come out of her shell, and Ana has been a great friend ever since. Clara has had countless sleep-overs and tea parties and play dates with her. Clara really needed another little girl, and they’ve been best friends since.

Awww, very nice story. Good luck to both of them.

I got a little misty-eyed reading your post, Palo Verde - what a wonderful story!

Clara is a wonderful little girl. Your daughter has a rare gift and I’m sure she will go on to do even bigger and better things as she grows older. She is already mature beyond her years.

Wendy is a Saint, I would like to say I could have done something similar.

What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations to all!

I am so glad I’m sitting here alone while the rest of the family is asleep – I don’t have to explain the sniffling or teariness. Bless your Clara, Palo Verde, and bless Wendy and Ana! Wow, what an amazing story! Thanks for sharing it here!

That’s such a wonderful story! I’m so happy for them!

Congrats! I’m glad there are still wonderful, loving people like Wendy out there to take care of the Ana’s of the world. It’s amazing!

Thanks for sharing this story! I’m crying, too. So beautiful!

You know, I’m one of those types who think that most people just aren’t generally worth much. Then I see a story like this and am reminded that some people are simply magnificent, in this case three:

Wendy for giving Ana a chance, Clara for helping Ana realize her potential and Ana for giving the world a chance back.

And an honorable mention to the birth mother for seeing the right thing and doing it.

Thank you for posting this.

Thank you for sharing this with us. It was so very good to read. Gotta go get the tissues now.

Oh. Well. Too bad Mom didn’t have the good sense to have her uterus ripped out with some rusty, dull utensils before having another kid to ruin, but I guess the best possible outcome happened here with Ana.

She’s a female computer programmer. That does require some serious balls all right, as well as the ability to take weird, unexpected stuff in stride and Make It Behave.

Thank you for telling us about these three wonderful women, Palo Verde. And about the one who had brains and fortune enough to find a good mother for the daughter she wasn’t able to care for.

Little miracles all around us! Best of luck to them, thanks for sharing.

(this is under Mundane Pointless things - it clearly is neither!)

I like that quote. She’s been pretty strict with Ana, in letting her know the rules and consequences for breaking them. She Makes Her Behave.

But it wasn’t easy. When I first met them a few days after she had ‘inherited’ Ana she had very little experience with kids and lots of questions. What kind of toys do 4 year olds like? What should I feed her? How do I get her on my heath plan? Her teeth are all black and rotted, who’s a good children’s dentist? And what is a normal 4 year old like, just for comparison’s sake?

But now she’s an expert and a wonderful mom.