Anastasia Romanov really live through the execution??

My favorite line from history, true or false?

Rasputin, having been poisioned, stabbed, beaten by Yussopov and his fellow conspirators, flees across the ice while he is being shot, where he will drown under the ice having freed himself from his bonds, screaming “I’m going to tell the Empress, Felix! I’m going to tell the Empress!”

Honestly, no one is really sure WHAT happened. I wouldn’t put Yussupov past exaggerations.

Anderson was incapable of earning a living, and usually lived off of the charity of others. I wouldn’t call her an imposter, exactly. She truly did BELIEVE she was Anastasia. But she was mistaken.

good ole Raspy’s official cause of death was listed as “hypothermia”. he was one tough old bird…

Could someone give me a quick rundown of Rasputine’s death (and a brief 'why)?

Rasputin, a member of a strange religious sect, was apparently able to provide relief for the Tsarevitch’s hemophilia, hence was very popular with Alexandra.
The police reported on his drunken orgies and whoremongering, and were disbelieved by the Tsarina. She was already unpopular with the people during WWI due to her German heritage.
Considered to be a dangerous influence, Rasputin was killed by Prince Felix Yussopov. Invited to Y.'s home, Gregory was fed poision cakes washed down with poisioned wine to no ill effect. The conspirators were playing Yankee Doodle on a phonograph upstairs where Mrs. Rasputin was supposed to be.
Rasputin remarked on the price of a religious relic in a case, Yussopov remarked that he should reflect on mortality and shot him. He apparently beat on the body with a stick. SOmetime later, Rasputin recovered and ran outside where he was shot again. His bound body, was thrown into the river. When found the next day, he had freed himself and tried to crawl to an air pocket in the ice where he either drown or froze to death.

The Tsar was away at the front leading the Russian Steamroller to death by millions. Rasputin was whispering advice about running the country into the ear of the believing German born Tsarina. So, they whacked him. A sensible solution, but they did it far to late.

A better time probably would have been when he first appeared at court. He was a bad influence on an already dying court. Does anyone know if the rumors that he had a sexual relationship with the Empress are true or not?

I’m pretty sure I remember hearing about a book that debunked the story of Rasputin being poisoned and shot and beaten before being thrown in the river. I never read the book but I think it came out a year or two ago. I can’t remember the title and author.

Hindsight is the…well, the something, particularly of Russians.

A relationship with the Empress…her close friend, whose name escapes me…Anna Vubronia?, survived the revolution and was forced by those nasty Reds to submit to an examiniation. Her hymen was found to be intact. What assholes!

Does anyone know if Rasputin’s…er, thingie, wart and all, was preserved by Russian aristos afterwards?