And the worst BtVS episodes are...

<ahem>

:wink:

Anything after season 5. The show was stellar because it was B Horror and it knew it was B horror. It never took itself seriously, and was every bit as humorous as it was violent, horrific, or dramatic. But after the fifth season all the humor was sucked out and each character, especially Xander, was changed beyond recognition. Oh, and Dawn sucks.

Adam was worth it, if only for the time where someone asks him if he was ever a Boy Scout and he replies, “Parts of me.”

Miller, point. But I don’t take the oppurtunity in every single thread about Buffy, regardless of context, to shout at the rooftops how much I hate Xander or Angel for that matter, or blame Xander (or Angel) for the downfall of the show.
I blame (and try to direct my anger/hate at)the people who are responsible----namely, Marti Noxon.

I don’t either. Perhaps it looks that way, but I purposely avoid even reading most Buffy threads because I don’t want to hear about Spike all the time.

Marsters cuter than Boreanaz? I’m watching Season 3 now and let me tell you, Boreanaz liquifies me.

And pepperland, I think it’s funny that you accuse Legomancer of going into every thread and shouting that he hates Xander. You’d be shouting how much you hate Marti Noxon from every rooftop if you weren’t already hoarse from shouting how much you hate the show Angel. :slight_smile:

I just take for granted that any online Buffy discussions tend to contain people who–I hope–really don’t realize just how frighteningly obsessed and bitter they sound. You tune it out, sort of like visual static when using rabbit ears.

I’ve only seen scattered episodes past season four, which I actually watched as it happened, and then fell out of the habit (watching anything, not just the show) between seasons. Now I’ve just started into season three (god bless netflix).

From that perspective, the show didn’t really start firing all its cylinders until the second season, aside from scattered highlights in the first; season one simply wouldn’t have caught me at all. Lameness in the second: “Some Assembly Required” and “Ted.”

No real observations on three yet, and I’ll see how my memories of four hold up when those hit dvd rentability status again.

Oddly enough, I know exactly how obsessed and bitter I sound, because I am obsessed and bitter.
:smiley:
:wink:

The entire show has good bits and bad bits. Except Parker, who had only good bits, and Riley, who had only bad bits.

—Adam was worth it, if only for the time where someone asks him if he was ever a Boy Scout and he replies, “Parts of me.”—

Don’t forget “Mr. Bits”

I kinda liked Adam’s inquisitive, zippy, carefree personality: he at least didn’t strike me as lame as other people consider him to be.

—I don’t either. Perhaps it looks that way, but I purposely avoid even reading most Buffy threads because I don’t want to hear about Spike all the time.—

“Hear” about? I think you mean “be forced to rant and rave endlessly” about. :slight_smile:

BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA!

DO NOT DISRESEPCT THE ROBOT JOHN RITTER! Spike, Angel, Parker… They got nothin’ on RJR. Does Spike make mini-pizzas? Can Angel get you free software? Can Parker bake a brownie? Actually, he can, but Robot John Ritter’s brownies have lemon zest and a milder tranquilizer.

pepper’s got Spike, I’ve got my Robot John Ritter.

Yeah, well, Season 3 Boreanaz * maybe. * Season 4 Boreanaz? Forget it. Way too chunked up.

He’s a better actor now, though. He’s playing Angelus more subtly than Season 2.

And I’ve been meaning to ask/whine about this for months now, so I think I’ll fiunally get around to it: ** Apos, ** you have been here for nearly a year. You posted nearly 2,000 times. Whyohwhy do you still insist on using your own personal method of quoting and refuse to use the oh-so-handy-and-so-much-easier-to-read system that the board itself offers? Your posts throw me off every time, I have to read them twice to figure out what’s going on. Your’e driving me nuts.