Anthony Cumia of "Opie and Anthony" fired for "racist tweets"

Yeah, as I said, the story is kinda fishy. For those that don’t follow the show, he has several cop friends, including “Club Soda Kenny” who is a retired NY police officer that drives either him or Opie to and/or from work every day, as well as “Kieth the cop” who, at least for a while, lived in Anthony’s mansion*. Also, he implied that he was carrying a weapon on him at the time, but he is often complaining about how even his CCW license doesn’t allow him to bring a weapon into NY City. So was he legally able to have a weapon on him where he was? Could that have been why he didn’t call the cops (having a retired NYC cop as a chauffeur isn’t going to get you out of a weapons charge, I wouldn’t think.)
Given the current climate, it seems that nobody is going to dissect the particulars of his story because everybody reporting on it is too busy pointing out how non-racist they themselves are. I was hoping that we could avoid that here.

• This is information that I have gathered by listening to the show when I am in my car, which is now only for a few minutes at a time.