Anti-Rape Activists Having a Hard Time Dating

Well, sure, if it’s possible to have sex even before a first date, I’d want that too.

Seriously!

What a bizarre way to start a relationship. Or to attempt to start one.

She probably should add something to her profile about caring a lot about explicit affirmative consent. And then shut the **** up about it unless the man acts contrary to those explicit expectations she listed.

“I retain copyright to all my DNA, so if we DO have sex, I will expect the safe return of all my sperm.”

I don’t think it was that, I think it was the accusatory way she said it. I’d probably have cancelled the date as well, worried that one misunderstood joke or ill-placed hand could land me in jail for the night. thanks but no thanks.

Let’s take sex out of this for a second.

Pretend you’re a contractor about to start a job and you’re talking to the homeowner and he says “I do a lot of writing about the construction industry and how to help people not get ripped off” Okay, not so bad. But what if the homeowner said “I write a popular blog about homeowner’s rights during remodels, I’m good friends with the city inspector and mayor since they both contribute to it…don’t even think about trying anything funny” Would you still take the job or maybe just let this be someone else’s headache?

Regarding the date, remember, it was Tinder, they probably had two or three messages back and forth before meeting. It’s not that they had a whole lot invested in each other.

Further more, unless something is missing from the article, and maybe it is, it’s not fair for her to say that he’s a ‘fuckboy about consent’ when all he did was decline the meeting. She’s simply inferring the reasons and that’s not fair.

PS, if she left out the “I know the chief of police” line, she might not scare people off as quickly.

Or even instead.

While fuckboy can mean different things to different communities, I’m assuming she means that this dude ain’t shit (about consent). Regarding (her knowledge) about consent, he knows nothing. He talks, but ain’t about that life. He’s a fuckboy.

If I decide not to have sex with a woman, I’m not going to tell her why. It’s none of her business. She can draw whatever conclusions she likes.

And I will be expecting royalties from any derivative works :smiley:

“This dude ain’t shit (about consent).”

I’m sorry but that makes no sense to me.

You don’t know what it means when someone “ain’t shit” or you don’t know what it means in the context of her quote? Because that’s basically the whole gist of a fuckboy as I described, she just applied it to her standards for consent. This dude doesn’t know anything about it, in her opinion. Thus, he’s a fuckboy about consent. Whether he is or isn’t, I don’t care. I’m just here explaining what a fuckboy is.

I think you’re my favorite police officer.

Maybe, “He don’t know shit about consent”. But just saying “he ain’t shit (about whatever)” reads more like you’re saying he’s not legitimate or “not real” or nothing to be concerned with.

Yes. It’s all of that really. He knows nothing and isn’t worth the time. I mean, it seems like you understand it pretty well? There’s not a lot of nuance to it, but I guess people here need it plainly (which is less fun for me). To sum up what I said initially: he ain’t shit, he knows nothing, talks about it, ain’t about it. He’s a fuckboy (to her).

Okie dokie

Sigh. Someone asked what a slang term meant. I responded using some slang. You seemed confused initially, but further correspondence shows you understood. So I don’t think there’s really any problem here, except I could’ve elaborated a bit. That’s cool. I don’t know what’s happening here anymore? I hope more people are enlightened on what a “fuckboy” is in this context, though.

I have no idea what you mean.

And she’s a crazy bitch (to everyone else).

So…he’s a rapist? I mean, with consent, either you obtain it or you don’t…

I’m familiar with slang, just not familiar with the way you are using it. Saying “this dude ain’t shit (about consent)” does not mean he doesn’t know anything about consent, at least not in any terminology I’ve heard before. But I leave open the possibility that I’m wrong.

I would guess she thinks he could potentially, maybe not be a rapist, but not be amenable or understanding to her level of consent. She just thinks of him as rather daft and a waste of time based on his opinions on that issue.

To be clear, because this is just what it is, a fuckboy is just some guy who isn’t anything special, meaning he isn’t shit, he knows nothing, he’s all bark no bite. Usually to describe a guy you might be talking to (thinking about dating or hooking up with), or maybe a bad friend, etc. This woman said a man she met was “a fuckboy about consent,” so that’s why, to break it down, he ain’t shit about consent. She don’t want to fuck with (associate or get to know) him because his thoughts on consent are dumb, to her. That’s it.