Any charities still taking cancelled postage stamps?

Thanks. I’ll send you an email.

I’m new here - this is my first post and I know these threads are a bit old. However, I read with interest about where stamps goes to which charities and may I offer an alternative that hopefully will benefit both you and me.

I am a collector of postmarks and am looking for a situation whereas someone has a business or is able to access large quantities of mail using current (and past) spray-on cancellations (both first class and large flats envelopes with those multi wavy lines) and meter stamps (Pitney Bowes, Neopost, etc). I’m looking for either complete or right half envelopes so I can cut down the complete cancellation to certain dimensions for my collection.

I will pay 1 cent per envelope for any quantity including postage reimbursement. This may not sound like much, but it does add up with large quantities as I try to stay within my household budget. The money goes to you and you can directly send it to your favorite charity or keep the money for yourself.

Please eMail me at jonesbeach47@yahoo.com (“postmark” in subject) if you can help me with my collection and I can give you further details about it.:slight_smile:

Thank you very much!

Frank W. Sutera

It would help if you’d say which country you’re in - USA or elsewhere?

And what’s a spray-on cancellation?

You are correct! Never gave that any thought! I’m from the U.S. - St. Louis, Missouri. The following image is what I collect. The top image are from first class letters, the bottom image are found on larger flat envelopes.

I am looking for free postage stamps cancelled for my jewelry designs.i am a bead artist from san diego area.i make bracelets and earrings out of them.i saw your ad.that was along time ago.hope u still have them.if not can u tell me where i can get them.donations from my sales go to my grandchild to pay for a insulin pump.any help in finding where i can get stamps would be greatly appreciated.thank you for your time.contact me at thomkat.2@netzero.net my name is carol.:slight_smile:

yes, theres a site http://usedstampsforcharity.weebly.com/ which has a list of charities which take stamps, and is updated every couple of weeks or so.
Hope that helps.

If you attend major stamp shows (and even minor stamp shows), you will find stamp collecting tables / areas set aside to turn people (especially youngsters) onto the wundebar hobby called stamp collecting.

I do not think that the hobby is dying out … instead, it is “morphing”!

Also …

United States self adhesive postage stamps are almost impossible to soak off of paper … using strong solvents seem to be one way of removing the paper.

There are artists that can use common (definitives) postage stamps for things like collages.

Postage stamp collage:

*"A retired art teacher has created a picture of missing four-year-old Madeleine McCann using postage stamps.

The 1m-high (3ft) collage took Peter Mason, 64, three weeks to make with more than 3,000 used stamps. …"
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/98231-putting-a-stamp-on-maddie

Thanks, everyone. I’ve been sending them to the Lions Clubs’ Stamps for the Wounded program.