Any evidence that caste systems produced genetically selected personality traits?

:confused: You know, in the sense that your eye color is genetically determined.

On the basis of what the author of the study says in the article. I’m at work and don’t have time to locate the full paper to assess her comments atm.

Okay, I just wanted to be sure. There is not any behavioral trait that is genetically determined in the way you are referring to eye color. Some mental diseases certainly are like Down Syndrome or Fragile X or Rett Syndrome.

Of the two sets of examples you listed in the post I originally quoted, you have it backwards. There is very little evidence that homosexuality has any genetic factors at all, much less genetically determined in the way of eye color.

Personality traits, on the other hand, show some of the highest heritabilities across several populations. Additionally, there are many examples of molecular genetic studies linking variability in personality traits to variation is genes and genetic markers.