Any fans or collectors of Fiesta Dinnerware (aka- "Fiestaware")?

I grew up with Corelle. Mom could get pissed off and hurl a plate or bowl at my dad (or me) and most of the time, it would escape unscathed. I’ve seen it dent the drywall plenty of times but rarely break. When it did break, however, it disintegrated into thousands of tiny little shards!

I may be reading too much into this, but I think most people go through a “white” phase at some point. The simplicity is appealing, I think. i used my mom’s white China that she received as a wedding gift when she married my dad in 1969. She gave it to me after the divorce…well, what was left of it. She threw at least half of it at my dad over the years and it pretty much exploded on contact!

My best friend has been using the same stark white Pottery Barn dishes for 14 years. He just moved to Pittsburgh in August and I went up to visit for the week of Thanksgiving. We went over to the Fiesta Factory and Outlet while I was there and he fell in love with the new Slate color. So he finally got rid of the white and now he has grey…he’s not a bright color kind of person.

We found ourselves with a few Kohl’s and Macy’s gift certificates after holidays two years ago. And before Thanksgiving last year, we found ourselves in Kohl’s where a 50% off sale was in swing for Fiesta place settings, plus another ridiculous discount for opening a Kohl’s account, plus a discount for a coupon my wife was holding. Heck, given the employee-hours they put in computing the final cost, I wonder if maybe Kohl’s lost money on that sale! We bought eight place settings (one in each color available in the store), paid for them on the brand-new account, then paid the balance on the brand new account with our gift-cards.
Then, off to Macy’s and, sure enough, the same 50% off sale, plus a coupon that the cashier gifted to us.

So, now we’re the owners of 10 place-settings, paid nothing for them, and still had ample money left over on the gift cards!

We bring it out when we have company.

It’s not as deep as that…

Our new cabinets have glass doors, so there is more of a need to have attractive complete sets of unbroken dishes. Also, you can buy a four place set of IKEA plates for less than twenty bucks, and flatware for four for less than ten.

We still keep the stack of Fiestaware plates on one shelf since the colors are attractive and stand out well against the surrounding white.

Whoa, you know your stuff!! Here is a chronology, although it looks like it hasn’t caught up with 2015 either:

http://www.texascooking.com/fiestaware/colorchart.htm

Tangerine would be fun, and then I’d need the tangerine KitchenAid mixer, and… :slight_smile:

Very active collector of both vintage and contemporary Fiesta. Over 400 pieces of vintage and close to that in the newer stuff. It is also our every day dishes too. Finally sprung on the two new colors this year, sage and slate. Not real enamored with them so won’t buy much of it. The pride of my collection is the vintage relish trays. I have 5 of the 6 colors plus two 6 color combo’s. Just need the turquoise set. Most of my Fiesta has been in storage for a while, when I moved in with her there was no room for much of the stuff so it went in storage. We just move into a much larger house and I have 32 Rubbermaid containers of Fiesta to sort through and decide what is going to be out for display.

I actually have a spreadsheet to keep up with all the colors and the intro and retirement dates. I’m a little OCD (to say the least)! =)

Tangerine is a very fun color. It was one of the colors I considered to go with the Lapis that I use for my everyday dishes. I decided on Poppy instead because it looks like Scarlet and Tangerine mixed. It reminds me a lot of a color they had from 1995-2008 called Persimmon. But Persimmon had sort of a coral tint.