Any WWE fans in the audience?

I love it right now, but I really hope they don’t run this “my hole!” thing into the ground.

(It’s WWE. They will.)

what is czw? their ppv only here and they make it sound like theyre just an updated ECW …

Oh and new japan is back if you have a roku device on the roku channel… seen the ads for it the other day

Pretty much, though they’ve toned down the hardcore elements in recent years. I don’t believe they have a weekly TV show - they’re more on the level of the mid-size indies like PWG or OVW.

There are currently 12 NJPW episodes on The Roku Channel from 1 year ago.

awww the ad made it seem like its new stuff …

And my overall favorite performer, a current world champion no less, has once again been shat upon by WWE. I should really learn to expect that, as WWE has been doing that to me since they were WWWF, but I’m still upset. Even in the pre-show, they said that there would be an announcement and a match for my favorite, and that was the last we heard the name. One might think that after 4 decades of Vince telling me “Like whom I want you to like, not whom you want to like!”, I might have learned, but I guess I’m just stubborn.

Your post is just cryptic enough that I have no idea who you’re talking about.

I assume he’s talking about Miz cashing in MITB after Bobby Lashley gave Drew McEntyre a beatdown and winning the YOO-ni-VERSE-all CHAMPIONSHIP.

Nope. Miz kinda had a match, and I was okay with that and the beatdown following the title change (though it should be Lashley versus Mcintyre for the belt at WM). And while tag champions could be considered world champions, there is only one singles world champion who, IMHO, is consistently treated like an afterthought.

ETA: The 4 decades remark doesn’t refer to a single performer, but is more about how over the years my favorites are usually playing second fiddle, even when they are being pushed (like Jericho’s Universal title reign when he was cleaning up after Stephanie’s dog).

Since Sasha Banks was on the card, that leaves Asuka. I haven’t watched RAW in months, so I can’t really speculate on why she wasn’t been in the spotlight. I’ve long thought WWE has too much talent bloat, and that much glitz and glamor leads to burnout.

You are certainly not wrong about talent bloat, but champions, at least, should get semi-coherent stories. Obviously Flair taking the belt from Asuka at WM just took a left turn from the plan, due to Evans’ pregnancy, but it’s not that hard to do something on the fly to make the title seem relevant and forward the storyline. I well know that the main problem is Asuka being unable to carry a promo in English, however a trained monkey could work around that. Vince can’t, so I guess that puts him below a trained monkey.

Personally, I might have hot shot the title over to Charlotte at the Elimination Chamber, and spent the remaining time building to Flair v. Ripley II and give the belt to Ripley at WM. But what do I know?

Actually, I think Asuka does well with her limited English. She’s crazy enough on the mic, and she taunts and growls in the ring.

I watched one of her Youtubes, where she went to a Barnes & Nobles. She looked through their Manga section but said she couldn’t read the lettering because it was all caps. That explained why her captions were in lower case, but it had never occurred to me that foreigners would have trouble with capital letters.

I agree, but what we think is very different from what Vince and co think. My feeling is that Vince knows that Asuka has star power, so she gets the push, but Vince doesn’t know how to tap into it for his style of “sports entertainment”.

ETA: And the growling is a LOT less than in her Joshi days. My Og, that shit is annoying. I watch Stardom with the sound off, not because I don’t understand the announcers, but because the screaming in cringe-inducing.

I have hated Asuka from the beginning and continue to to this day. I have no idea what her appeal is. She has ZERO mic skills other than screaming and hopping around like a monkey, she has a very limited moveset that mostly involves kicks and the thing where she hits you with her butt and…well…that’s it.

I’m definitely in the minority when it comes to this opinion, and I’m not trying to convince anyone otherwise, but even in NXT she annoyed me and she’s only gotten more annoying as time goes on

While we’re at it, can we get rid of that disgusting green face paint that makes it look like her eyes are oozing Vulcan blood?

Those qualify as fighting words, Sir T-Cups! That’s my future ex-wife you are talking about!

Yeah, the green paint made sense when heeling it up and using the green mist, but it is far past time for a change.

I tried giving RAW a chance last night. Riddle vs Morrison was a good match and raised my expectations. Then Retribution lost again, and the Miz/Lashley segment had Shane McMahon come out. Click.

“Ratings are down?! Put a McMahon on screen! That always works.” :roll_eyes: I don’t blame you. The wrestling was good, but that was the only semi-competent segment.

Also Sir T-Cups, you are now safe as I’m now focused on getting revenge on Baszler.