Anyone else remember the alternate ending to "Big"?

I heard the same story, but the hook was on his foot…

Thank you.

Oh, don’t thank me… yet.

We could all turn out to be w… wr… w-w… wrrr…

Stay tuned.

And I thank you…but it won’t matter one bit. If someone isn’t going to read the thread before responding, it doesn’t matter what the thread contains.

I’d be perfectly happy to be wrong - I’d just like to have a definitive answer from someone in the know.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Is this the rest of my life? I’m like, innocently reading the Dope when I should be working, and turn to Cafe Society, and this thread pops up?

And I know how it will go. How will it go? Someone will say, “Yeah, I remember the alternate ending to Big. It showed in New Zealand. Once. In 1987. And today I saw Big again, and the ending was different! And I thought I’d bump this thread but not read it!”

And wow! It turns out I was totally right. That was exactly what happened. Just like the other half dozen times this thread has been bumped.

FUTURE PEOPLE OF THE FUTURE, HEED MY WARNING

Yes, you, the one reading this in the future. Read the whole thread! Before you bump it! Yes, skip back and don’t just necropost.

And now, to predict the future…I see…I see…I see a man…at a computer…years from now…he is ignoring my words…FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

There is a special New Zealand version but it was only seen by sheep and Hobbits.

Perhaps we can get a mod to sticky a SEE POST 195 insert at the beginning, once I make the post.

But no. Someone will claim they watched it from the grassy knoll or something.

It just doesn’t matter.

“I understood that reference!”
-Captain America

You know what’s really interesting? When I looked at the SDMB in New Zealand, I couldn’t find this thread!

Yes, IT JUST DOESNT MATTER!

I saw *Big *in the theatre and on VHS and on TV and have never seen but the one ending where the kid is walking down the street.

Actually at the risk of throwing gasoline on a fire, I actually remember a different alternate ending. The one I remember is of him going back home as normal, but then later that night, he’s outside his house and a 13 year old Susan shows up. The scene would have been 30 seconds in total. Maybe I’m thinking of another movie, but I’m almost dead certain I’m thinking of an alternate ending for Big.

No.

You all realize that once this is settled, the argument will turn to the suppressed alternate beginning of “Little.”

Did you read through this thread before posting this?

Yeaaaaah…no.

Read the thread, for the love of Kate Upton in Zero Gravity.

The real ending is when the much older Josh talks to his younger self on an old CB radio and tells him not to make the wish. Josh then grows up, is stranded on an island and dies of AIDS acquired from a dirty volleyball.

Surprise level upon seeing two “Join Date: Feb 2014” - zero.

That is very cool of you! (And won’t do a lick of good, but will justify my fury at the future posters, so thanks for that!)

And now I’m picturing Czarcasm as Michael Caine. :smiley: