Anyone had McD's fries with the new oil yet?

It was bad enough when the milkshakes became low fat. If the french fries change for the worse, that’ll be it. Why can’t a few simple guilty pleasures be left to us?

No “new oil” in LA yet, apparently.

I’ll post the rant in a related Pit thread.

Once upon a time, mcdonalds fried their fries in yummy beef fat - then, when ‘saturated fat’ started evoking a knee jerk response, they switched to a trans-fat compound, which ironically is generally considered far worse.

Personally, I don’t think natural animal saturated fat is really bad at all - it’s only when combined with an ungodly amount of carb intake that it starts hurting the body, and then fat wrongly takes the blame for everything.

The old BK fries were merely not very good. The new ones are flat out bad. They’re dipped in something - the texture is wrong, the flavor is wrong - luckily, BK has mozz sticks, which also are not very good, but they’re ok as fry substitutes.

The old BK fries I speak of were quite a few years ago (about 3 or 4, IIRC). And though they were no McD’s, they used to begood.

Fenris, I agree on the potato cakes - they are great. Generally, they are cooked fresh too (not many people order them so they don’t pre-cook potato cakes often). We’ll have to agree to disagree on Curly Fries though. :smiley: Arby’s was my first job so I am somewhat biased.

Arby’s do have the best spicy curly fries, IMHO. They also should be commended for giving you options… if you don’t like the curly fries, you can still get the regular kind.

-fh

All I know is, the fast food chain that gets some backbone and throws itself into a “Our food is incredibly unhealthy–which is why it’s incredibly tasty!” ad campaign is the one that I’ll support.

Extra plus to Arby’s on both cakes and curly fries: horsey and arbys sauce…mmm

Exactly, we know it’s not healthy. It tastes good, that’s why we eat it.

I am personally waiting for KFC to start marketing the Bucket O’ Skin since that’s the only part of their chicken I like.

Oh, yeah, Honey, I am so with you there.

One of my friends and I often drool over the prospect of there someday being bags of ‘chicken rinds’ to snack on. Why stop with pigs, right?

McD’s New fries = tasteless, nasty strips o’ starch

Even BKs ‘new’ fries are better.

For my money if I’m going to go junk, I’m going with Arby’s curley fries from now on even if they are farther away. You have to make an effort to get good bad food.