Anyone Here Have An Unusual Pet

My dad owns a pet shop, and over the course of my childhood, in addition to the normal assortment of cats and dogs and rabbits an guinea pigs we had chinchillas, various and assorted reptiles and birds, including a caimen, a toucan, and a few macaws, and we also had monkeys. I can’t recommend them.

Yup, as you might guess from my username, I have a ferret. I think I first adopted the username when I had five. :eek:

Ms Hook had skunks, racoons, and flying squirrls when she was growing up.

I guess that depends on how you treat him and what you do with him :slight_smile:

My nurse sharks would have had your crawfish for breakfast. Literally. :stuck_out_tongue:

Does a pet-rock count?

Only if it’s a REAL pet rock you purchased in the 70s. Not a fake rock you found on the ground :slight_smile:

A friend’s dad used to work in forestry in a pretty rural area - he discovered an orphaned beaver cub one year and brough him home.

When I met “Bucky” he was pretty cuddly and liked t steal your potato chips. He also though he was a tiny, little lap baby - not so…

He does look delicious. If he ever pinches me I’m reaching for a pot and some Old Bay.

My cat’s from Bulgaria. Does that count?

My dog is unusual, in that I strongly suspect that he’s a guy in a dog suit, mooching off my family.

I tried having pet worms. I kept them in an ant farm filled with dirt after the ants died.

A horse, a pair of red-eared slider turtles, a ball python, and a corn snake.

In the past, I’ve had hermit crabs, crawdads (LOTS of them), salamanders, frogs, rats, and a baby snapping turtle I caught in a local creek (that was returned to the creek after a few months).

Currently I have a Boa Constrictor and a Ball Python. I’ve had them for a very long time.

The ones you find on the ground need homes too. I consider them “rescued strays” rather than the ones bought from “breeders”.

Three sugar gliders.

Note the videos are not of mine, just two I found on youtube.

Only if it speaks Bulgarian :slight_smile:

I have two rabbits.

In the past I’ve had rats and my parents still have the box turtles that we adopted when we were children. At one point we had up to five turtles because they had eggs. Now there’s just two turtles off different species. (The male and babies were adopted out to good homes.)

I have two ferrets. My mom used to have a chinchilla that lived to be 11 years old. That thing outlived the dog.