Are blizzards scary?

One winter years ago we were having a balmy January with temperatures in the 50s and 60s in Pittsburgh when we left for a two week vacation in the Caribbean. I wore sandals, shorts, and a tshirt for the flight down.

We returned to blizzard conditions, temperatures right around zero, snow and ice everywhere. I foolishly brought no coat/boots/long pants with me.

It was horrible. My gf was prepared for the cold, but I trudged through extended term parking in sandals, shorts, and a Hawaiin shirt, struggling with suitcases and fearing a dead battery.

Luckily, my car started, but I didn’t even have a snow brush/scraper in my car. Amazingly, three years later I did it again.

Wait, wait, hold on… You’re saying a person could die if their clothing and equipment isn’t appropriate to their circumstances? Amazing! I never would have thought of that on my own. Ignorance fought!

As said above, I’d much rather deal with a blizzard than an ice storm. You can move/push snow, you can’t move/push ice. And sanding/salting only goes so far.